Unreal Tournament 469

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: Unreal Tournament 469

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

39) Separate Game keybindings and Editor keybindings please: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13663
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

The ability to paste text in chat.
You can currently paste text in console, but not in chat.

Yes, you can type in console: say and ctrl+v, but would be nice right :)
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

40) Windows and columns sliders positions are not saved.
41) Maybe all the windows should have sliders?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

anth wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:34 am This is the current list of changes. Keep in mind that the list is in no way final or complete:Release Notes
We're still working on a lot of things, but we're making good progress.
I have an iMac and am running UT version 451wx2 within a Wineskin Wrapper (version 2.6.0) - this came from The Unrealism Zone. I think the version of Windows in the wrapper is Windows 7 (the command prompt says Microsoft Windows 6.1.7601 (1.7.28) and the UT log Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7601).

I presume I will be able to run UT469 within this wrapper with this version of Windows?

The potential problem I will have lies in "... the galaxy audio subsystem is considered deprecated ... The game launcher will do an automatic one-time upgrade your audio subsystem to the latest version of the OldUnreal ALAudio Subsystem". I have tried to update to ALAudio but get an error as it fails to initialize (maybe that's me as I have simply put all the files in my UT/system directory and perhaps some need to go elsewhere in one of the 'windows' directories). I presume that, should I wish to run UT469, I will be able to revert to Galaxy once it is installed and that it will not automatically remove the Galaxy related files?
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

469 runs natively on Mac and the Mac client is ready for testing. Please create a Github account and send me a PM with your account handle if you want to test.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

anth wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 pm 469 runs natively on Mac and the Mac client is ready for testing. Please create a Github account and send me a PM with your account handle if you want to test.
469 won't run on the version of the Mac OS I have (according to the information in the answer to Q1 in the Q&A in the first post in the 'OldUnreal takes over maintenance of the Unreal Tournament code base' thread at OldUnreal - I don't have OS 10.7 or newer) so if I am going to run 469 it will have to be within my current Wineskin setup.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Oh ok. Well in that case: yes you can switch back to Galaxy after the automatic upgrade.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

(EDIT: LevelInfo has already time-aware variables so nvm :D) 42) It would be nice to have access to the OS date/time within unrealscript.
Last edited by PrinceOfFunky on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 pm 42) It would be nice to have access to the OS date/time within unrealscript.
I think it's already done so. Check SmartDM/SmartCTF scoreboard as they already do.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Chamberly wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:02 pm
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:57 pm 42) It would be nice to have access to the OS date/time within unrealscript.
I think it's already done so. Check SmartDM/SmartCTF scoreboard as they already do.
Yeah sorry, I just checked and found out LevelInfo has some time-aware variables.
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Post by 'Zac »

anth wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:48 pm 469 runs natively on Mac and the Mac client is ready for testing. Please create a Github account and send me a PM with your account handle if you want to test.
Hey anth I sent you a private message.

Anyone else here previously try running UT on a mac? Did you use `wine`? and what were some common issues?
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

'Zac wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:32 pm Anyone else here previously try running UT on a mac? Did you use `wine`? and what were some common issues?
Yes - my UT99 is running in a Wineskin wrapper (version 2.6.0, Engine WS9Wine) - it comes from The Unrealism Zone site for mac users.

Haven't experienced any issues directly attributable to running it on a mac.
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Post by 'Zac »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:05 pm
'Zac wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:32 pm Anyone else here previously try running UT on a mac? Did you use `wine`? and what were some common issues?
Yes - my UT99 is running in a Wineskin wrapper (version 2.6.0, Engine WS9Wine) - it comes from The Unrealism Zone site for mac users.

Haven't experienced any issues directly attributable to running it on a mac.
Ok, I've just heard around that the mac ut version is just sh*t lol, but I'll keep that in mind.

Also, is there any Unreal Editor usage with the mac version? Would v469 make this possible if it's not already? If the editor does 'work' on Mac, I'm already guessing that it may be wonky.
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Unreal Editor is not present outside of windows, you'd have to write a whole new program to boot up the editor engine and organize the viewport/rendering system.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

'Zac wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:58 pm Ok, I've just heard around that the mac ut version is just sh*t lol, but I'll keep that in mind.
Since there's no editor as well, it makes sense to run a windows version of UT99 - using wine there's the added advantage of being able to run windows-based UT utilities like UTPT, UModtool, Wotgreal, UTxgaffer, etc, etc.