[Release] ACE v1.1f

Reino
Novice

Re: [Release] ACE v1.1f

Post by Reino »

Discord doesn't support WinXP, so no, sorry.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Reino wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 am Discord doesn't support WinXP, so no, sorry.
The browser version is also not usable?
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Reino wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:20 am Discord doesn't support WinXP, so no, sorry.
seriously? XP is your main machine? So you don't have a cell phone? or tablet or anything with a modern web browser?
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Reino
Novice

Post by Reino »

Yes it is, but I'm using a highly tweaked WinXP iso. This made it possible to postpone the necessity of buying a new pc for quite some years.
I have to admit, it's getting harder and harder to keep this up, so yes, it won't be long now when I buy a new pc.

I'm very new to Discord. I understand it's seen as a replacement for Skype and TeamSpeak. It's a long time ago since I even last used TeamSpeak, so yeah...
I just noticed there's a Discord Android app. I guess I can install that on my smartphone?
What are you planning on doing, anth?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

RocketJedi wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 pm seriously? XP is your main machine? So you don't have a cell phone? or tablet or anything with a modern web browser?
Have you hear about Hangouts ? - It's working everywhere and it's not using a bunch of resources. Why complex and not simple ?
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 am
RocketJedi wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:41 pm seriously? XP is your main machine? So you don't have a cell phone? or tablet or anything with a modern web browser?
Have you hear about Hangouts ? - It's working everywhere and it's not using a bunch of resources. Why complex and not simple ?
You quoted wrong person LOL
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Not me. And I'm using XP on an user account too, and it's main machine, and ut'99 doesn't need more.
Reino
Novice

Post by Reino »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:18 amHave you hear about Hangouts ? - It's working everywhere and it's not using a bunch of resources. Why complex and not simple ?
This was aimed at me, I guess. You mean Google Hangouts? I've heard of it, but no thanks.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:46 pm Not me. And I'm using XP on an user account too, and it's main machine, and ut'99 doesn't need more.
may not need more, but it runs 1000% better on modern systems. fight me :P
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I won't waste time to explain you WHAT ARE CONSTANTS in this engine. It runs my a...$, exactly:
- 64 zones;
- 128000 points or such;
- 1000 paths
- 32768 rendering distance limitation
- PlayerCanSeeMe has 1600 UU range for processing view
- etc.
And all these are not gonna give a damn at how fast it's your system and NO, UT in my machines runs better and faster than with Win10 - I tested this already. Note: I have a laptop with Win10. What do you think I did with it ? I dropped it away - I don't need that thing.

PS: If on a modern system you are still wasting time with 32 bit apps I recommend you something on 16 bits :ironic: .
Now read what HellKeeper was posting and RedFist and other testers for Editor (if you know what Editor is) toward "modern systems and OS-es". Ruins painted in colors :P :P for delivering high speed crashes, dream on, evil bugs are not fixed by a higher speed in any way.

But because you have captured my interest for something I think I'll post ALL constants which this game is having and it's ignoring "performance" addictions. Somebody has posted already links to source-code and I think it's time for "party".

As for anti-cheat discussion... Since these DLL modules are loaded by clients too and are common assets, perhaps doing something for this poor engine would be priceless. Maybe fighting with cheaters it's not the right route, perhaps cheater has to be bugged in game, unloaded by weapon, slowed down, added a bell on his head and a powerful light, turning all Players and Bots to his Location for being killed instantly by at least 10 players, and I might think at various "tweaks" happily granted as presents from server for the super-duper player, um..., allow me to sleep a bit now.
RocketJedi
Inhuman

Post by RocketJedi »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:49 pm I won't waste time to explain you WHAT ARE CONSTANTS in this engine. It runs my a...$, exactly:
- 64 zones;
- 128000 points or such;
- 1000 paths
- 32768 rendering distance limitation
- PlayerCanSeeMe has 1600 UU range for processing view
- etc.
And all these are not gonna give a damn at how fast it's your system and NO, UT in my machines runs better and faster than with Win10 - I tested this already. Note: I have a laptop with Win10. What do you think I did with it ? I dropped it away - I don't need that thing.

PS: If on a modern system you are still wasting time with 32 bit apps I recommend you something on 16 bits :ironic: .
Now read what HellKeeper was posting and RedFist and other testers for Editor (if you know what Editor is) toward "modern systems and OS-es". Ruins painted in colors :P :P for delivering high speed crashes, dream on, evil bugs are not fixed by a higher speed in any way.

But because you have captured my interest for something I think I'll post ALL constants which this game is having and it's ignoring "performance" addictions. Somebody has posted already links to source-code and I think it's time for "party".

As for anti-cheat discussion... Since these DLL modules are loaded by clients too and are common assets, perhaps doing something for this poor engine would be priceless. Maybe fighting with cheaters it's not the right route, perhaps cheater has to be bugged in game, unloaded by weapon, slowed down, added a bell on his head and a powerful light, turning all Players and Bots to his Location for being killed instantly by at least 10 players, and I might think at various "tweaks" happily granted as presents from server for the super-duper player, um..., allow me to sleep a bit now.
I appreciate your response.

Here are my thoughts.

Can windows XP even run a SSD drive? my new system can, and will load UT and decompress maps in light speed. I think I know where your coming from. You're looking at this from a development standpoint I believe, which in that case I would agree its not any faster.

When it comes to booting into windows, launching the game, loading the game files, uncompressed map downloads etc I highly doubt XP is faster. I noticed you referenced a laptop. I will leave it at that.

Thanks for the conversation
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Reino
Novice

Post by Reino »

anth, because I haven't had a reply from you yet I guess you're unable to fix it, or don't want to.
Don't bother. I'll stick to TO350 then.
3itch_fi
Novice

Post by 3itch_fi »

Howdy Reino, Anth will support you. Please get discord on your smartphone and join UT99 discord server @ https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
There is a dedicated ACE channel.

- Miau -
Reino
Novice

Post by Reino »

Alright. When I have the time I'll have a look. Thanks.
disp06

Post by disp06 »

Hello. How i can cap FPS at 200?
Use XC-Engine, ACE 1.1f, Nexgen.
Speed hack is still passed. :(
UT99 server: 46.188.50.48:7777