I did not asked any password change - FEEDBACK

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
sektor2111
Godlike

I did not asked any password change - FEEDBACK

Post by sektor2111 »

Recently I received two e-mails referring to changing passwords in two forum accounts and suggesting me to click an activation link for a new temporary password if I requested such things. You have to be kidding if you think I'll click those links for activating/changing password especially in moments when I'm not interested about computers. Funny people, eh...

Else, pretended "messages" on Skype talking trash instead of a mature public discussion are being reported properly without a reply or anything like that.

PS: I don't want kisses back from you, keep them for yourself.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Re: I did not asked any password change - FEEDBACK

Post by Shade »

Hey,
so those emails you received, were they sent from mail@ut99.org?
Is there a chance that someone knows your email address and wants to troll you?
Is there a chance that someone might have gained access to your email account?
If you did not request a password change, I suggest you change your password of your email account and of your account on ut99.org.
Also check your email address on this site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I am not aware of anything suspicious going on, the phpBB logs don't show anything about your account.
I hope I could help.
Else, pretended "messages" on Skype talking trash instead of a mature public discussion are being reported properly without a reply or anything like that.
I don't know what you are talking about and how it is relevant here in the "Suggestions, Criticism, Feedback" category.

Let me know if something related to your UT99.org-account is still unclear. :)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: I did not asked any password change - FEEDBACK

Post by sektor2111 »

Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm Hey,
so those emails you received, were they sent from mail@ut99.org?
Yes.
Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm Is there a chance that someone knows your email address and wants to troll you?
I can try to log in as Shade and I can claim that I forgot password. I'll bet that something with a sort of reset will be sent into your e-mail without to even me knowing your e-mail address.
Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm Is there a chance that someone might have gained access to your email account?
Probably not now, else he/she could activate new password, coming into account and changing stuff making me to "forget" password.
Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm If you did not request a password change, I suggest you change your password of your email account and of your account on ut99.org.
It's what I tried without success because probably was triggered some change (fake amnesia based), inactive (I did not click any link for activating it), and guess it needs some time to expire that e-mail link... and I think during this time all changes from inside are deactivated, logically member forgetting password cannot be inside and doing changes, "forgotten" password still being active and then I could login for posting this.
Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm Also check your email address on this site: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Everything looks fine there.
Shade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:58 pm I hope I could help.

I don't know what you are talking about and how it is relevant here in the "Suggestions, Criticism, Feedback" category.
This has happened one day before and I don't believe in coincidences - was asked some "friendship" followed by some "speech" which I did not see interesting. So I'm inviting any of "fan(s)" into a public chat if they want something to know else we won't have any deal if we cannot talk in a better format...
The action done here was probably a consequence of my rejection toward my new "friend", which I did not call.