Incoming fire...

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Incoming fire...

Post by EvilGrins »

...from monsters, targeting monsters.

Previous conversations regarding UTDMT (Unreal Tournament Deathmatch Titans) has shared the frustration that their flung boulders don't hurt other UTDMT, though this isn't that unusual. Even the normal Titans, Stone or MH's Lava ones as well, thir flung projectiles don't hurt each other either.

Same can be said of any class of Krall on Krall violence or Skaarj on Skaarj with energy attacks (noted exception of Skaarj that can pick up weapons) though their melee attacks do hurt each other, although I'm not sure about Mercenary vs Mercenary encounters.

Notably the Warlords can shoot each other, their rockets don't pass harmlessly through the other Warlord they're fighting.

Who exactly decided that some monsters could hurt each other but others can't... and why?!?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Incoming fire...

Post by sektor2111 »

Why you don't ask Polge ?
You can ask him about SkaarjWarriors and their projectiles, set one of them with Arrow projectile and see what happens - if are not get busy to hack themselves directly and so on... :lol: for me these are history anyway...
When I explained what nasty problems I got with teaming monsters for team games probably some people around said that I'm bullshitting but NONE of them did anything as a serious check. A Sample: Slith imune at "Corroded". Give them another projectile hurting Sliths (teaming needed) and remove immunity at corroding damage, see what happens when are too aggressive... :loool: , I won't explain what's happening and how I fixed problem, EXU stuff has also a lot of comments toward X fixes...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:11 am Who exactly decided that some monsters could hurt each other but others can't... and why?!?
The evidence suggests that there was no conscious, logical decision about that at all - in much the same way as the approach to specifying a Damage Type for the default projectiles lacks coherence and consistency (a few have that property set but a lot don't).
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Something that can be relevant here: http://www.destinationunreal.com/module ... pic&t=1182

Something to do with the classification of the monsters and their enemy/friend since Unreal. As if you notice, some are against a certain of race and their villain power and you have monsters that's friend with the human race. I think most of this have something to do with the coop modes.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Nah, a stock boulder thrown by a stock Titan won't hurt any Titan, simple as that, no coop, no anything, it's just projectile class itself. SkaarjProjectile will never hurt other such SkaarjWarrior family, SlithProjectile will never hurt any Slith, and so on.
As for coop monsters - the only stock "friend" firing nothing it's Nali, the rest is from community... even Cows are tempted to attack, but check out their attack code - don't laugh - or laugh harder...
Last edited by sektor2111 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I suppose I'll just have to settle for the old ways... watching angry monsters tear into each other close up.
Attachments
c7e69b08406989e58ff52d25f2a44404_large.jpg
c7e69b08406989e58ff52d25f2a44404_large.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 363 times
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758