Covid19 world status map

Discussions about everything else
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Covid19 world status map

Post by sektor2111 »

papercoffee wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm Create a cutting the lawn mutator for UT
Umm... some "regulars" have considered fun in using names as Covid or Coronavirus. Perhaps they got tired of UT... first measure would be restricting them from moooing around because this is not a funny time and spamming game records, else, the second measure would be editing some firewall policies for all IP Ranges involved, a sort of disinfection at UT level...
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:26 pm I don't go to bars, even when I did it was rare.
I have no intention of flying, only did once to Florida for a 3 day class, the water was terrible there, and a small plane for fun, but I will never fly again.
I don't eat out, cost too much, even fast food racks up a bill these days.
I was never a sports fan, boring.
My last movie I went to was Terminator, too expensive, and I like old TV shows better anyway.
I mainly go shopping, I used to go to events, but they are so commercialized now it takes the hippy individualism away of what they once were.
Concerts are all crap now, no talented musicians, stupid girly singers and rap etc etc.

Cutting the lawn is my highlight in life these days LoLzzz
Going to selected venues then? I've been to two concerts last November alone (Infected Rain / Lacuna Coil / Eluveitie ---- The Agonist / Jinjer) and both were absolutely awesome. Depending on your choice of music, there's plenty good stuff to be heard that's not super commercialized. And at least 4 of the bands mentioned above have *very* talented singers. Just needs a lil' digging.
Same goes for food. Don't care much about fast food, I go out maybe once a month with friends / family. Much better that way.

Well they shut down most of the life here, too. Not that it makes much of a difference for me, same as Hellkeeper I suppose. Might try going on a bike tour now that the weather's holding up a bit better, and trying to get the new layout finalized.
Last edited by Swanky on Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:00 pm Create a cutting the lawn mutator for UT.
That's called Chainsaw Melee.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Going to selected venues then?
No, we had a "raft race" and people made homemade rafts, and then drinking, so the "authorities" had to kill that off for "safety" The Grand river, by Riverside park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I say let them friggen die if they are so stupid.

Then we had a "festival"l we still do, but it's all so organized and sanitary, it's lost it's feel of all the different foods and heritage and cultures and the music is just more junk, the school kids got involved more.

We also had a hell of a concert at Fort Wyoming called "Electric Rodeo" REO, Heart, johnny Winters and more at Lamar park, oh hell ya the "authorities" killed that off, there was 8000 people and loud, and drugs. now they even tore the fort down and was used for rodeos and country singers, all gone now. One time "Festus" from the Gunsmoke TV show was there.

Everything now days is either sanitary, vulgar, or low talent, or the more stupid the comedy is, people laugh more while it is not funny at all. And heavy metal is so friggen addlebrained , , hell anyone can get a distortion pedal before they learn how to play, the more vulgar the better "DEATH rock" more like puke rock.
The movies are all hidden messages agenda, anti God, global warming, pro gay, pro abortion, on and on, there is no good vs evil anymore just, feel good gimmee a trophy liberal crap.

My generation didn't have an axe to grind, and the law was the law, and we didn't care about race.
I suppose if I could walk to a rock music bar, I would probably go out more, even then the prices are robbery.

Here is what I am saying, right here. the new generation,
https://summit.news/2020/03/15/canadian ... ronavirus/
Binary Space Partitioning
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Red_Fist wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:10 am No, we had a "raft race" and people made homemade rafts, and then drinking, so the "authorities" had to kill that off for "safety" The Grand river, by Riverside park in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I say let them friggen die if they are so stupid.

Then we had a "festival"l we still do, but it's all so organized and sanitary, it's lost it's feel of all the different foods and heritage and cultures and the music is just more junk, the school kids got involved more.

We also had a hell of a concert at Fort Wyoming called "Electric Rodeo" REO, Heart, johnny Winters and more at Lamar park, oh hell ya the "authorities" killed that off, there was 8000 people and loud, and drugs. now they even tore the fort down and was used for rodeos and country singers, all gone now. One time "Festus" from the Gunsmoke TV show was there.

Everything now days is either sanitary, vulgar, or low talent, or the more stupid the comedy is, people laugh more while it is not funny at all. And heavy metal is so friggen addlebrained , , hell anyone can get a distortion pedal before they learn how to play, the more vulgar the better "DEATH rock" more like puke rock.
The movies are all hidden messages agenda, anti God, global warming, pro gay, pro abortion, on and on, there is no good vs evil anymore just, feel good gimmee a trophy liberal crap.

My generation didn't have an axe to grind, and the law was the law, and we didn't care about race.
I suppose if I could walk to a rock music bar, I would probably go out more, even then the prices are robbery.

Here is what I am saying, right here. the new generation,
https://summit.news/2020/03/15/canadian ... ronavirus/
Woah, so many answers to choose from, I can hardly decide. First I thought a good old "Old people: the post" would be sufficient, but I'm not sure about your age and some young people are actually quite young in their head. Then I realized the classic "OK Boomer" would be found a bit agressive, so I settled back on "OK grandpa", especially because of the "death rock" comment, which seemed very oldschool to me, as a death and black metal enthusiast, but I didn't want to sound like those people, you know, the ones who believe they have to pick a side in an imaginary war of the generations and act like theirs is great and the others are/were terrible and full of idiots. I could have used my own personal favourite, the sarcastic "Yeah, back in the days, things were much better, all is going to shit", but there's always a risk readers will not feel the intended irony and completely misread my post.
So my final pick will be as follow:
Red_Fist wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:10 am My generation didn't have...
Your generation was shit too, you only liked it because it was yours.
You must construct additional pylons.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

LoL, well I played guitar and all this death metal crap is pure crap, I am not anti new generation it's what they THINK is so good, all the old rockers could play the same stuff 100000000000 times better.
I invented Metalica style music 15 years before they even came around.

and rap is not "music" and girly singers can't even play other than a skin flute. They have recorded tracks or the band pushes a keyboard one button (like the Cars band, yuck) that is all pre sequenced out, and then synth drums, blagh, boo hiss.

Like when rap came out, my first thought was "I can't believe people think this is new" Queen already did it with "Another one bites the Dust" and every rap, or hip hop is all so elementary so simple minded it's all the same beats and redundant.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:58 amand rap is not "music"
Hey now, that's going too far... Rap is most definitely music!

It's not singing, though. As Chuck D once said, he could never sing... which is why he raps.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Ok how did this turn from a virus discussion to hating on metal and rap music? :facepalm:

Back to topic please!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

This is the current header on my facebook account.
Attachments
89390449_10157996876038446_3120091735347167232_o.jpg
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Looks appropriate.
€ damn that's good. I'm going to borrow this, hope you're okay with it.

Given the current situation may take months to resolve, better boot up your unreal editors, ladies & gentlemen. :>
I've worked on a new layout for a bit today, looks promising although I'm going to have to rethink a few pathways and finish one area. Gonna say, it's going to be at least as difficult as Narean construction wise, possibly even worse.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:05 am Ok how did this turn from a virus discussion to hating on metal and rap music? :facepalm:

Back to topic please!
It's OFF TOPIC by default, seriously... a good metal it's a good metal, and a good rap owns any Rap, that simple, see 90's top rap vs 90's metal - it's a different thing dudes... A Rabbit it's not a Rat even if they both are doing damage to the wooden things...
And now let's build a top of diseases which owns humanity like in previous 3-4 centuries demonstrating that we did not learn anything... or... well...
At least we can spam forums as revenge...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:05 am Ok how did this turn from a virus discussion to hating on metal and rap music? :facepalm:
See? I knew this facepalm smiley will come in handy.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Getting back to the point, it's not like humanity should miss having friggen bars to go to. What would a caveman do for fun ?

We don't even need airplanes
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Swanky wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:24 pmI'm going to borrow this, hope you're okay with it
Sure, no problem.
papercoffee wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:54 amI knew this facepalm smiley will come in handy.
Red_Fist wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:00 amWhat would a caveman do for fun?
Attachments
3c1553ea83168c6265cff6f0fda1584a.jpg
3c1553ea83168c6265cff6f0fda1584a.jpg (49.92 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Well, there will be a ut99 coronavirus server in NY obviously.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?