Re: Covid19 world status map

Post by papercoffee »

Yay, home-office!!!
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

papercoffee wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:19 pm Yay, home-office!!!
Yes, me also :wink:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

An old map of mine...
An old map of mine...
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

(Contains swearing)
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

editor Dave wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:41 pm 3tlahp.jpg
All this talk of a vaccine really brings a lot of Deus Ex to my mind.
You must construct additional pylons.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Iron and copper.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
BadCorps
Experienced
Personal rank: Unholy

Post by BadCorps »

It is not that bad. Consider that the influenza regularly kills hundreds of thousands of people, but since COVID-19 is new, the masses have a different fear of it. It's the unknown variable and we don't know much about it, but we can deduce some things about it based on similar diseases like SARS. It is not "The Coronavirus", it is "a coronavirus". Coronavirus refers to its family, like with mammals and birds. We don't say "a canidae" when referring to specific dog breed or species. Yes, it is "a canidae" but that's a pretty vague category. There are 35 species of canids with 13 genera, including but not limited to dingos, wolves, and foxes. All 3 of those are fairly different from one another, but fit under the same family since they share the required traits (bushy tails, sharp teeth, societal, etc...).
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

BadCorps wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm It is not that bad. Consider that the influenza regularly kills hundreds of thousands of people, but since COVID-19 is new, the masses have a different fear of it.
Not as bad as what? You wouldn't think that if you were elderly or had certain underlying health conditions!

The masses are right to be worried and hopefully take precautions not to infect themselves or others - because it is new, there is no cure, no vaccine and no immunity - that's reason enough to be worried, particularly if you are vulnerable. Seasonal flu would kill many more people than it does if there was no cure, no vaccine and no immunity! Of course the fact that seasonal flu kills as many people as it does is something to be concerned about as well. The problem is not just deaths (bad as those are) but also the pressure on health services from the current pandemic.

But think about it - where does the statement "Consider that the influenza regularly kills hundreds of thousands of people" take us? What do we do with it? What conclusions do we draw? What meaning does it actually have in relation to the current pandemic? Not worry about it, not take precautions, ignore lockdowns, etc, what?

The comparison is meaningless given we are talking about two different 'things'. In any case it is not numbers one looks at but death rates and rates of infection per confirmed case (how many other people are infected by one person with flu as opposed to one with Covid-19).

Apologies for the rant but I think it is important not to downplay the impact of Covid-19, particularly on vulnerable members of society.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman

Post by Hellkeeper »

BadCorps wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:58 pm It is not that bad. Consider that the influenza regularly kills hundreds of thousands of people
We also have a vaccine each winter for the flu and it affects a billion people a year. The mortality rate is much lower.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

The flu would kill elderly just the same, there was 61 million infected with the swine flu in USA. No store closing, no tests, no BS propaganda media.
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I say, go do your party and go do not care about this "Propaganda" you are old enough to chose for your self ...but please, do us all a favour and don't come to the hospital when you get sick by Covid-19. Don't beg for help when you can't breath anymore. Because that's what you have chosen.

If you got sick, stay away from other people especially elderly people like your grandma and you grandpa ...because they doesn't deserve the outcome of your choices.

I'm out of this thread, or else I get really angry.
Last edited by papercoffee on Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:24 am The flu would kill elderly just the same, there was 61 million infected with the swine flu in USA. No store closing, no tests, no BS propaganda media.
No, the flu does Not kill elderly just the same as Coronavirus!
Or anybody else for that matter.
Coronavirus kills at 10 to 15 times the rate of flu.
What is so hard to understand about that?
Sheesh! :facepalm:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:24 amThe flu would kill elderly just the same, there was 61 million infected with the swine flu in USA. No store closing, no tests, no BS propaganda media.
Okay, there is so much wrong here that I had to step in and correct some things.
1) There was 60.8 million infected with the Swine Flu in USA, not 61. It may not seem like much of a difference, but still.

2) CDC had diagnosed Swine Flu (H1N1) in the 2nd week of April, Obama called for a public health emergency a few days after that, and they had a reliable test disseminated within a week of that. By comparison, the Obama Admin accomplished in about 2½ weeks what took the Trump Admin to do in 3 months...

I could go on, but your bit about the media in regards to Swine Flu is also completely wrong, and what you have about stores closing. You're pretty much wrong on all counts.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

I finally fix my sleep pattern, the weather is finally not crap, now can't go out :( guess I have to grind to beat my PB in Syphon FIlter 2, a game about a virus :) I had swine flu in 2009, don't want to get this as well even though should of given it more respect sooner.

My Border Collie isn't going to be happy about not being able to have 100 walks every 45 minutes.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman

Post by Hellkeeper »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:24 am The flu would kill elderly just the same, there was 61 million infected with the swine flu in USA. No store closing, no tests, no BS propaganda media.
Damn, you're right, I guess we all fell for the new world order propaganda which somehow has all the governments and international organizations in the world at its service.