Things you would do if this were your forum

Discussions about UT99
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Things you would do if this were your forum

Post by sektor2111 »

If this would be my forum I would FIX whatever is Mobile of Flexible...
I'm not gonna repeat what I already said here months ago...
Swanky wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:50 pm An automatic translation tool to understand what some of the folk are trying to say.
Not needed for me - Hint: G00gl3 already exists.
I understand ALL posts, as annoying as some of them might be. This excuse has expired, find a newer one.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Shade wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:34 pm
Chamberly wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:46 pm Ok I'll suggest one major implementation I'd like to see.
This is gonna come from Ooper's NodesStats update when he process this (If ever).
-Ooper's NodesStats have stats of players and notify when player is online at %This% Server.
-The forum's profile will have implementation from Ooper's NodesStats notification squadrun.
-The forum display player's name/server location under Rank.

Awesome.
Implementing Server Stats and Player Stats (that ideally can be linked to forum users) in the forum is a dream I've had for a long time.
Unfortunately it would take some time and work to implement it correctly (also in the long run, since it makes updating the forum software more time consuming), and I just didn't feel like going full for it. :/
I'm not sure if this will be off topic or on topic but to take a guess, I had something in mind like this to begin with via text/url link based?
ooper.JPG
ooper.JPG (36.25 KiB) Viewed 590 times
As if the profile already have the player name attached to the Stats on the site.
Then can try to add-on some fancy pic and better than Gametracker's stats logging. lol
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:26 am Not needed for me - Hint: G00gl3 already exists.
I understand ALL posts, as annoying as some of them might be. This excuse has expired, find a newer one.
I'm not talking about language. I'm talking about understandability of said language...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Hellkeeper wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 am - Change all the colours.
I rather like that one. My community for UT over on the very dead livejournal site I used the same basic colors from the player ladder that comes with UT, which also one of the skins to my preferred music player also uses:
papercoffee wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:26 am
EvilGrins wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:08 pm · Make quadruple-posting legal.
:pfff:
Hellkeeper wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:05 amI would be a merciful but inscrutable god.
Well said!

Actually on a more serious note, the user display alongside all posts is pretty decent... but I might wanna replace the joined date with the time that person posted last. The information is often on each person's own profile but sometimes it isn't, and it would be easier to tell just seeing it alongside posts rather than go searching for it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

Introduce a function where users could hide complete topics from other users, besides only posts.
Convenient for users that would not like to see a certain member his spam topics.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Enable a function that reads everyone's posts out loud via their speakers. Only the content of the post, not the text on all the menus or links around posts... and in Bugs Bunny's voice.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758