UT Master Server Visible

Discussions about UT99
indi5tinct1ve
Personal rank: Skilled

UT Master Server Visible

Post by indi5tinct1ve »

Hi guys, new to this. Probably asking a question that I could find elsewhere but need either guiding / re-directing. I'm trying to play UT99 GOTY edition but with family members across the country. All I want is to play the original game making the game setup as being visible so that they can join WITHOUT editing or tweaking the game / its features itself.

I'm sure it's been asked already and I've also seen there's a possiblity that the technical feature that's required has been removed since new platforms / windows updates have been created. It's a relatively simple request though right?

Any information would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible.

PS - Only using the site for the first time at the moment so do I just go to 'General Discussion' to see responses?
Barbie
Godlike

Re: UT Master Server Visible

Post by Barbie »

If your UT is direct reachable from the internet, you only have to open the necessary ports. If your PC is behind a router in a private network, you have to establish port forwarding additionally.

This topic is often discussed here.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
indi5tinct1ve
Personal rank: Skilled

Re: UT Master Server Visible

Post by indi5tinct1ve »

Thanks for the information !