The good ole terrain editor

Discussions about everything else
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

The good ole terrain editor

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hello All,
I hope you and your family are doing well. With all this time on my hands, I decided to finish up some maps that have been sitting around for years. So I decided to do some work on my backyard map that has been in progress since 2k4 came out. I haven't played in the editor for years. And instead of trying to find a tutorial on how to fix this. I decided to come to the experts. When I rebuild my map, I get an error that reads. "Terrain alpha map myLevel.All.base2 has more than one mip level. This will cause visual artifacts" Obviously, there is an issue with one of my textures. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, preferable without rebuilding the whole Terrain? The Terrain is pretty involved with several layers painted on the Terrain—long Live UT.
Attachments
terrainerror1.PNG
terrainerror2.PNG
terrainerror3.PNG
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: The good ole terrain editor

Post by Hellkeeper »

Was the heightmap generated in another software? If yes, reimport it and make sure you untick "generate mipmaps".
If it wasn't, try exporting your heightmap and reimporting it, making sure "generat mipmaps" is not ticked.
At some point, mimaps have been generated for your heightmap and this screws things up.
You must construct additional pylons.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 am .. With all this time on my hands, I decided to finish up some maps that have been sitting around for years...
Nice looking map - pity it's not for UT99 :P Have you done anything for UT99 since your CTF-NBK-NaliTemple-DxBeta3 which was/is a nice fun map from around four years ago?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Sorry, but this belongs in Off-Topic.
UT2k4 is not UT99 ;)

=MOVED=
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Hellkeeper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:49 pm Was the heightmap generated in another software? If yes, reimport it and make sure you untick "generate mipmaps".
If it wasn't, try exporting your heightmap and reimporting it, making sure "generat mipmaps" is not ticked.
At some point, mimaps have been generated for your heightmap and this screws things up.
Man it been so long I think I created it in Photoshop. I will give your suggestions a try thank you for the info. I never had any errors with it when I first created it. The issues started when I just started to work on it again.
https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/watc ... ZZI7z.html

=MERGED=
OjitroC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:14 pm
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 am .. With all this time on my hands, I decided to finish up some maps that have been sitting around for years...
Nice looking map - pity it's not for UT99 :P Have you done anything for UT99 since your CTF-NBK-NaliTemple-DxBeta3 which was/is a nice fun map from around four years ago?
Thank you for the props, I'm still working on the final version of that map. I just need to finish the lighting.
https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/watc ... HKcD1.html

=MERGED=

@hellkeeper. I just exported the heightmap and re-imported to myLevel un-checked "generat mipmaps re-built and the issue has gone away. Thank you for your info it was very helpful.
Last edited by papercoffee on Sun May 17, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: TRIPLE POST!!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:15 pm
OjitroC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 7:14 pm
Thank you for the props, I'm still working on the final version of that map. I just need to finish the lighting.
https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/watc ... HKcD1.html
sure is like Quake2-ish, nice job too :thuup:
Binary Space Partitioning
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx please avoid double and triple posts within a 24 time limit. We allow our members to edit their posts to add more content.