Favourite other games?

Discussions about everything else
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Favourite other games?

Post by esnesi »

PUBG Lite ^^
It's free, 3GB instead of the 33GB from the Steam version, and awesome with mates to play.

https://lite.pubg.com/
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

I hope it is okay to bump this old thread.
Some of my favorite games all time would be starting with the earliest that I can remember that i really liked to now.
Supaplex - 286 machine -pac man type game but way more involved with over 100 levels to figure out. Very cool for the time.
Fantasy Star -Sega Genesis - I guess I eventually ended playing all the "Phantasy star" ones what number are we up to now??? but that first one with the tri blaster was so much fun and that final maze shaped like a pyramid where you had to go up several levels/floors and then down several floors etc to get to the top was challenging. Could not have finished it without graph paper and my wifes help at the end you were supposed to find this secret wall and I went 1 step turned left turned right one step all the way down and no secret wall anywhere i was truly stuck and i was complaining about this dragon that kept messing with me and my wife said well did you talk to the dragon with the red hat and I was like .."No I sold that red hat for good money" Well you had to put the hat on to talk to the dragon and after that the wall where I had thoroughly looked before was now able to go through. Geez.It wasn't there before!!!!!!! Loved that first fantasy star game.
Doom - nuff said
Ut99
Alpha centari - The hours of my life wasted playing this one is ridiculous. The best turn based game I ever played.
Mass Effect 2 - The character development and story line was really impressive. Fun to play as a nice guy or a bad guy and see the different results. Not really a first person shooter but there were some areas where you actually had to use some skills to get through.
Far Cry 2 - Great beginning and got me hooked right away. Far cry 3 was okay but just not as cool as 2 imo.
Right now i am mostly still playing Freecell lol I have tried to quit before but I can't.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

iSpy.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

Mass Effect Trilogy is an alltime favorite.
Used to play a lot of Warframe (hey, it's made by Digital Extremes, so).
Last couple of years it's been a lot of XCOM 2 War of the Chosen. It's highly moddable and has a lot of replay value.
Also, Fallout New Vegas. So many hours spent modding that game and it's still getting seriously good story / mod content.

Honorable mentions:
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice is probably the best / most original title I've played last year. Story presentation and atmosphere is sooo good and sword play is really fun, too. River of corpses was one of the most bad ass moments I've had in years. Just don't spoil yourself and watch a video - play the game instead.
Life is Strange is not for everyone, but it's story wrap ups und episodic nature really hit me hard a couple of times. Probably the most emotional title I've played since Mass Effect.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 pm Hmmmm...

PC:
-Quake Live
-Counterstrike 1.6
-Castle Crasher
-Cave Story Deluxe

Consoles:
-Tenchu
-Bloody Roar 2+3
-Soulcalibur 1+2+3 (1 is still the best)
-Flatout 2
-Musashi: Samurai Legend
-God of War 1+2
I have to add to this list

-Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom (still playing it ...but wow is this a great puzzle jump and fight.)
-Warframe (even so I'm a noob and die very often)
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

PC games I've played through at least three times, and will almost certainly play through again:

Beyond Good & Evil
Psychonauts
Warzone 2100
Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
System Shock 2
Tron 2.0
Half Life 1 & 2
Wolfenstien 2009
No One Lives Forever 1 & 2
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

"but nothing really matters much, it's Doom alone that counts"
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

For the most part I'm a Nintendo fan, where I primarily enjoy the Zelda games, but also the Metroid series, Super Smash Bros. and so on.

On the PC I mostly play Arena Shooters, where other than the various UTs I like to play Quake Champions, Quake Live and Xonotic.

I've also been playing Minecraft for several years, but I've stopped.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Most of these I've been playing once each year, lol
These series mentioned I play in one shot.

#1 - mass effect trilogy + ALL dlc + mods mods mods + speed run thru Andromeda
Greatest RPG/action series/story ever made... never gets old (renegade+interrupts)
Me1 story makes up for shitty(er) gameplay
Andromeda env looks stunning + driving and gameplay very fun
-BUT- story not so good and dialog, acting, facial anim really bad.

#2 - fallout 4 + all DLC + mods mods mods
The entire Fallout 4 series takes me about 4 months, lol!
Just Keeps on giving - especially with mods - i have thousand+ hours
Not into 76 yet. Maybe never...

#3 - bioshock series + all DLC
Never able to finish minerva's den due to a horrible unlucky bug that always
happens and cannot be fixed... happens every time. however just amazing
games/stories

#4 - fallout 3 + all DLC + new vegas + all DLC:
will not play these titles again. Another one with thousand+ hours
great story imo (new vegas) graphics are just too old now

#5 - half life 2 + episodes 1 and 2 + portal 1 and 2 + BLACK MESA (the game)
Another one with driving plus shooting - love the HL/Portal universe
Gravity gun bowling with combine never gets old!
Highly recommend BLACK MESA - well worth the $20

#6 - witcher 3 + dlc = ongoing
I might never finish this, but when i play it's both funny and challenging
I keep losing roach so end up hoofing it a lot...

#7 - gta5 = ongoing
Another one I might never finish, so much funny stuff though...

#8 - system shock 2 + mods mods mods
Highly recommend this to anyone wanting the true RPG experience
in a great sci-fi universe. First Get all 20+ mods. You have to.

Many other great titles have been played over the years but will never be replayed
because they are just too old (NOLF and Contract Jack, anyone? )

UT99 is only around because I made maps for it... I generally do not play arena shooter
games any more, although many thousands of hours in quake 123 and ut's in past years

Cheers
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

FraGnBraG wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:48 pm Most of these I've been playing once each year, lol
These series mentioned I play in one shot.

#1 - mass effect trilogy + ALL dlc + mods mods mods + speed run thru Andromeda
Greatest RPG/action series/story ever made... never gets old (renegade+interrupts)
Me1 story makes up for shitty(er) gameplay
Andromeda env looks stunning + driving and gameplay very fun
-BUT- story not so good and dialog, acting, facial anim really bad.
What kind of mods are out there aside from a controller fix for pc and a couple of textures? Any big fixes?
€2 Some crazy heads ported over many assets to XCOM 2. Now my squad consists of venerated ME staff blasting aliens occupying earth left and right - and it fits. The style is different but close enough to work wonderfully alongside the original art direction.
FraGnBraG wrote: #2 - fallout 4 + all DLC + mods mods mods
The entire Fallout 4 series takes me about 4 months, lol!
Just Keeps on giving - especially with mods - i have thousand+ hours
Not into 76 yet. Maybe never...

#4 - fallout 3 + all DLC + new vegas + all DLC:
will not play these titles again. Another one with thousand+ hours
great story imo (new vegas) graphics are just too old now
Recently reinstalled all of FO4 after switching over to ModOrganizer2 (MO2). For the first time in forever, this game is actually consistently playable with many of its crafting shortcomings modded out and a generally good community patch. I have to give credit though, this is probably the most stable Bethesda Game studios (not softworks which also includes id software for example) game I've played.

I urge you however to go back to New Vegas. It needs a lot more work to be stable AND pretty, I give you that, but the story is better and more consistent than any Bethesda Fallout game (it wasn't made by bethesda, only published), and the mods are generally MUCH, MUCH better. It's still getting large story content mods released as of May. I urge you to try the someguy mods (although they can be a tad buggy), the overseer mods, Salt Lake Stories and Autumn Leaves just for starters. Thankfully, there's a rather good step guide for the game available. In general, I recommend this game much, much more than any other 3D Fallout game.
By the way, the code wizards over there finally got rid of the 138 plugin soft limitation.

Fallout 76. Have had hours of laughs with it. Never bought it, though. Bethesda however lost pretty much all goodwill there is (and I've never bought a game of theirs that didn't have a community patch yet) due to the shitshow that this game is.

€ NOLF had a community release after the games vanished in licensing hell. Noone knows who's actually holding the licences. They can be played on modern systems due to nolfrevival.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:35 am
Hellkeeper wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm Age of Empires II

WOOD PLEASE
Stronghold Crusader

NOT ENOUGH WOOD, M'LORD!
classic!!! One of the first games I played on modern PC

anyway here is what im playing now since i actually have time

took a pic im too lazy.,

https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I am still playing Apex Legends almost exclusively at the moment, especially since I don't have much time to play anything else, and since the developers are putting a lot of love into it, so it's actually evolving in the right direction.

Other than that, I played Just Cause 4 recently (when it was free at the Epic store), it was a mix of enjoyable with disappointment (upgraded gameplay in many areas, complete downgrade in others).
I also still play Fortnite times to times: a while ago I tried the Battle Royale to have at least a win this season, got my win about in the 3rd game or so, and from there I have only been playing their "Spy Games" times to times which are good to decompress from the day (at the moment they're essentially running a CTF gametype, sort of).

As for the past, N64 LoZ games were my absolute favorite of the genre, and although I played many others afterwards (in the gameboy and such, like Oracle of Seasons/Time, and Minish Cap), as well Twilight Princess and others, still none of them came close to the feeling of the original Ocarina o Time and Majora's Mask (they're still all great games though).
Didn't try out the Breath of the Wild though (my brother has it, he has a Switch, I could also buy one for me, but again, no time to invest in the game, and I prefer to decompress in online shooters).

I also tried CoD battle royale, and the game is super realistic in terms of world setting, which I enjoyed a lot, but it's too damn boring.
A full battle royale game can last 30min to 40min, that's just too much for me (it's the same reason I left Fortnite BR).
In Apex games do not last longer than 15min, many times the number of squads are reduced to 4 or 3 already way before the final circles, a few times by the time I looked into the number of squads they were just 2 left (mine and another), and the game is fairly fast paced, a lot like UT actually, which is what I like a lot about it (the setting, the characters, etc, they're from Titanfall, but everything is very similar to UT, or at least feels like).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Feralidragon is Apex Legends available for PS4 as well?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:49 pm @Feralidragon is Apex Legends available for PS4 as well?
Yes it is. :)
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Nothing new here, been playing OldSchool Runescape for a while, I remember most I ever got was level 5 combat by hitting cows lol 10 years ago or so, thought I'd give it another go when I now know ehat I'm doing :P

Other than that, mostly racing games like Gran Turismo 3 and recently started Forza 2, picked up DmC (aka emo Devil May Cry) as well for cheap, cant wait to try that one.