My skin character doesn't show properly

Search and find cool Skins, or introduce your own ones!
User avatar
Metalfist
Masterful
Posts: 623
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:54 pm
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by Metalfist » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:55 pm

UnrealWarrior wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:59 pm
Ouch, my eyes! That UV unwrapping is not done right.
Those edges of the UV shells should be completely different and more efficiently laid out.
The black lines appear, because the color stops too close to the UV border. Thus more bleed (like paper said) must be painted into the texture.
Image

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am

EvilGrins wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:47 pm
Okay, so the reason I suggested re-sizing the display window is so that you can see the full model. Like this:
Image

That aside, your model looks pretty decent. The black lines along the length of it suggest the skin either doesn't fit the model entirely or could be an issue with your graphics card.

I'm more concerned about the knees. That model is gonna need some serious surgery when it becomes a senior citizen, it looks like they bend in 2 places.

He's gonna get his proper leg surgery after taking him to a dermatologist...UV bleeding Syndrome.
If you enjoy making models then yes do another - the more you do the more adept you should become.
News flash, I made another one:

https://youtu.be/B_mmIt_03UM
This skin need more bleed ...don't make it stop at the edges of the polygons. give it at least 2 or 3 pixels to overlap the edges.
You mean shrink it a little bit? This is gonna take some time...

Ouch, my eyes! That UV unwrapping is not done right.
Those edges of the UV shells should be completely different and more efficiently laid out.
The black lines appear, because the color stops too close to the UV border. Thus more bleed (like paper said) must be painted into the texture.
This works perfectly on Source Engine games, will try to 'shrink' them a little bit. will post results soon...
"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9970
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by papercoffee » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am

UnrealWarrior wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am
This skin need more bleed ...don't make it stop at the edges of the polygons. give it at least 2 or 3 pixels to overlap the edges.
You mean shrink it a little bit? This is gonna take some time...
No

More bleed Example 01
TexturingExample01.png
Or even simpler... Example 02
TexturingExample02.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:08 am

papercoffee wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am
UnrealWarrior wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:26 am
This skin need more bleed ...don't make it stop at the edges of the polygons. give it at least 2 or 3 pixels to overlap the edges.
You mean shrink it a little bit? This is gonna take some time...
No

More bleed Example 01
TexturingExample01.png

Or even simpler... Example 02
TexturingExample02.png
Worked flawlessly! Thank you!

Almost done bois! (will do the leg surgery tomorrow):
"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8160
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:15 am

That looks very cool!
those knees are still weirding me out
Curious though, with the team color changes why his collar didn't stay green?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2467
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealGGecko » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 am

papercoffee wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am
Or even simpler... Example 02
TexturingExample02.png
For me it looks like the case of „if it looks stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid” with this solution :loool:

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:02 am

UnrealGGecko wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 am
papercoffee wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:52 am
Or even simpler... Example 02
TexturingExample02.png
For me it looks like the case of „if it looks stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid” with this solution :loool:
Everyone know that this is the Bethesda way of doing things. But yeah, it works! :loool:

Anyways I made a couple of vids just to showcase some noob-tier models:


"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 8160
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:24 am

In the first video, why is Kermit pulsating like that?

Gonna give somebody a seizure.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am

EvilGrins wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:24 am
In the first video, why is Kermit pulsating like that?

Gonna give somebody a seizure.
That's a tactical camouflage, you hurt someone's eyes(possibly kill him) while you eliminate him.

No, it's just messing with texture animations.

I'm gonna take my time making Duke Nukem. with voicepack and face textures in the dialogue....etc
"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2521
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by OjitroC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:02 pm

UnrealWarrior wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am
I'm gonna take my time making Duke Nukem. with voicepack and face textures in the dialogue....etc
There's several Duke Nukem VPs (at least 4) out there if you want to use an existing one - another DN model would be good though.

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:17 pm

OjitroC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:02 pm
UnrealWarrior wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:44 am
I'm gonna take my time making Duke Nukem. with voicepack and face textures in the dialogue....etc
There's several Duke Nukem VPs (at least 4) out there if you want to use an existing one - another DN model would be good though.
They're Duke Nukem 'skins'. I wanna do a new model that I've found in DN : Forever.
"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2521
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by OjitroC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:00 pm

UnrealWarrior wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:17 pm
They're Duke Nukem 'skins'. I wanna do a new model that I've found in DN : Forever.
I meant there's at least 4 Duke Nukem voicepacks out there if you wanted to avoid the extra work of making another - of course, one with new/different DN voice clips would be good as there is a fair degree of overlap between the existing ones. AFAIK there's only one DN model around though, as you say, there are some skins for the default UT male models.

User avatar
UnrealWarrior
Novice
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun May 31, 2020 10:07 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by UnrealWarrior » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 pm

OjitroC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:00 pm
UnrealWarrior wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:17 pm
They're Duke Nukem 'skins'. I wanna do a new model that I've found in DN : Forever.
I meant there's at least 4 Duke Nukem voicepacks out there if you wanted to avoid the extra work of making another - of course, one with new/different DN voice clips would be good as there is a fair degree of overlap between the existing ones. AFAIK there's only one DN model around though, as you say, there are some skins for the default UT male models.
Well, this is gonna save me some time! thanks! I'll add more in the new voicepack from Duke Nukem Forever and World Tour since other Duke games like DN3D and Zer0 Hour has a low-quality sound files, which i'm not gonna use them. they don't fit well...

Here's the model that I'm gonna use:
Image

The problem is when I open the texture coordinator, can't see the mesh aligned with the texture, I don't don't 'coordinate' the texture, UT99 will display the model without textures...I hope this makes sense.
Image
Last edited by papercoffee on Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: .jpg was missing on the picture link.
"We have nothing to fear but fear of tigers"

~tiger attack survivor

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 2521
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by OjitroC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:49 pm

Your imgur images don't display here now unlike those in previous posts.

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9970
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.

Re: My skin character doesn't show properly

Post by papercoffee » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Fixed the picture ".jpg was missing on the picture link."