Sniper riffle - rate of fire modifier

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
batonix
Novice

Sniper riffle - rate of fire modifier

Post by batonix »

I am looking for mod/mutator which will allow me to change sniper riffle rate of fire.

Anyone came across it before?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Sniper riffle - rate of fire modifier

Post by OjitroC »

HI - welcome!

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before - have you tried a search of this forum?

You could try using the mutator referred to in this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13872
batonix
Novice

Post by batonix »

I have seen that post but that's not what I am looking for hence why I set up this topic.
BloodyBastard
Novice

Post by BloodyBastard »

Open UnrealEd.exe and search for the Sniper Rifle Weapon (Actors > Inventory > TournamentWeapon > Sniper Rifle) I think and double click on it.

Search for this line:

FiringSpeed=1.800000

Change it to the double and see if it has an effect. When you finish, compile the script and go into the game and test.
Keep in mind that by doing this, you will not be able to play online, so I recommend to make a backup of Botpack.u
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I've adjusted the code for some of my rifle mods before so I can change the firing rate on the fly in my game servers. Unfortunately there is no mutator I know of that does this standalone. I highly doubt you will ever see a mutator that can change fire rates of different weapons. If you want something that changes these settings it would have to be hardcoded within the weapon itself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I recommend leaving stock files alone if you don't know what you do. If Fire-Rate is hard-coded it needs recompiled and this will be found by ACE as a screwed up file if won't return a mismatch version error. It's more easy to subclass sniper into another weapon and replace snipers from map using a simple arena mutator. I don't get why these practices to screw stock files and then "Omg, ACE kicks me out."
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

I coded this item for Siege:
https://github.com/CacoFFF/SiegeIV-UT99 ... Berserk.uc

You'll be able to find the resources in that repository as well (in case you want the actual item)
Otherwise you can take a look at the code to get an idea of how I modify weapon's fire rate without modifying weapons at all.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I gotta ask are you looking for sniper rifle like the ones on DOU/CoN/SOP/OMA/EST/etc sniper servers?
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Higor wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:55 am I coded this item for Siege:

You'll be able to find the resources in that repository as well (in case you want the actual item)
Oopsy, interesting stuff...
batonix
Novice

Post by batonix »

Chamberly wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 am I gotta ask are you looking for sniper rifle like the ones on DOU/CoN/SOP/OMA/EST/etc sniper servers?
No, I just would like to reduce the rate of fire of the default sniper in the game (without installing newnet)
batonix
Novice

Post by batonix »

Higor wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:55 am I coded this item for Siege:

Otherwise you can take a look at the code to get an idea of how I modify weapon's fire rate without modifying weapons at all.
Thanks for this, my coding knowledge is near 0 but I will ask someone to look at that :)
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

batonix wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:07 am
Chamberly wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:03 am I gotta ask are you looking for sniper rifle like the ones on DOU/CoN/SOP/OMA/EST/etc sniper servers?
No, I just would like to reduce the rate of fire of the default sniper in the game (without installing newnet)
Well you can make a mutator arena subclass of the original sniper rifle and the speed can be changed to lower. Only touching the speed for fire rate, I think that's all it is needed as animation frame won't be an issue.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Solving this starts with a modified Rifle. Here I have one with adjustable fire rate, which works fine using locally, but unfortunately the animations stay at the same as Botpack SniperRifle when using online. Any hints?
Spoiler

Code: Select all

class SBSniperRifle expands SniperRifle;

var(SniperRifle) float FireRate;

replication
{
	// Things the server should send to the client.
	reliable if((Role==ROLE_Authority))
		FireRate;
}

function ChangedWeapon() {
	Super.ChangedWeapon();
	FireAdjust = FireRate;
}

event PostBeginPlay() {
	super.PostBeginPlay();
	if (FireRate <= 0)
	{
		FireRate = default.FireRate;
		Warn("invalid FireRate <= 0 of" @ self @ "reset to" @ FireRate);
	}
}

function inventory SpawnCopy( pawn Other ) {
local inventory Result;

result = super.SpawnCopy(Other);
	if (SBSniperRifle(Result) != None)
		SBSniperRifle(Result).FireRate = FireRate;
}

defaultproperties {
// 1 means normal firerate as in Botpack.SniperRifle, higher values makes the rifle shoot faster, values between 0 and 1 slower.
	FireRate=3
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett