Moversounds are not at mover location

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

Moversounds are not at mover location

Post by Barbie »

I have a lift controlled by a button at upper and one at lower lift position. These buttons have set "Sound'Activates.ClicksBig.start13'" in "OpeningSound" but nothing can be heard - the red lines in Editor indicate that the sound is played somewhere else. What has to be changed that the sound is emitted at the centre of the button?

Test map is attached.
Attachments
Moversounds.unr.7z
(5.77 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Moversounds are not at mover location

Post by Buggie »

Sound played at pivot location. So select mover brush, click on any vertex for move pivot near.
If need - reduce grid size.

Also you can try select all movers - context menu - Reset - Reset Pivot. And see where pivot placed.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:19 amcontext menu - Reset - Reset Pivot
Ahhh, so easy. And I wasted so many time on fixing that... Thanks! :tu:
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Also, if you have dynamic light mover which turn to black at half of way - move pivot to point where it can be not in void most time. This can solve problem with black.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I think sound is located at Mover location, when I set whatever train type, sound was following train properly. I don't get why some of them must have that pivot elsewhere than inside them.
Buggie wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:19 am Also you can try select all movers - context menu - Reset - Reset Pivot. And see where pivot placed.
I'm often doing this using a button, more simple and without any risk to alter location, buttons are very useful.
Also I'm resetting pivot all time when I work at a bad brush, you'll find maps where even simple cubes are borked, resetting pivot in such a case is mandatory and snapping it at grid.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

This not always safe operation. If brush must rotate over specified point then you break desired behavior when reset pivot.
But this is rare case.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yes, but for plain movement pivot can be reset, brush aligned, and re-pivoted if it needs that.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

When you change the pivot for a mover it affects movement. That is completely not the same as pivot vs textures for a standard brush.

(I think is the misconception)
Binary Space Partitioning