Battle 4 Na Zali MH Beta Map

Share interesting stuff you have found or created yourself.
TexasGtar
Adept

Re: Battle 4 Na Zali MH Beta Map

Post by TexasGtar »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:28 pm Yes, don't cross the greenys with the pinkys. First thing I do if I fix a map, who wants unknown BSP and collision problems when you are trying to fix unknown BSP and collision problems to begin with.

Oh I see the hurricane is gaining strength now. Move to Michigan, , it's just as hot as there this year, LoL you will feel right at home. No earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, sharks, rock slides, we have very few tornadoes and crap ass winter.
lol Michigan sounds cold. I actually lived on lake erie from december to december one year. Never again.
Everyone kept telling me how great the summer was going to be and it only lasted 2 weeks and was right back to snowing.

I just got back from evacuating. So lucky to see everything is okay here. I feel so bad for the Louisiana people. I know just what they woke up to this morning. It's a long long road to recovery after a storm like this one. It takes a very long time to get back to semi normal and it is just so depressing seeing everything wiped out every day. I rode out IKE and this storm was taking the exact same path and there was no way I was sticking around for this one. Feel really lucky and grateful that it missed us this time.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Okay double post but back to the map.
I was thinking that I have a lot of those Lantern and Lantern2's in the map and I have also set them up as a light source much like the torchflames. Isn't this the same situation as the torchflames?
Should I add a light instead of using the decoration Lanterns as the light source like I did with the torch flames. Seems like I should continue to get improvement if I do this or is the torchflame and Lanterns not the same as far as causing unwanted lag, and unnecessary framerate drop. I have pretty much finished the map but thought I could do this last tweak to improve performance before I release the final version.
What do you guys and girls think?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

IDK how UE1 work internal actually. So you need try and check. But I believe replace all lights with is not a Light class with a Light actors (as source of light) is a good idea.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

The only serious problem i have noticed when testing the map is a framerate drop in the start location.
Maybe it is problem with the client settings i used... Same effect with this client was on a few another maps, for example: MH-KG_HighSchool - inside of the hall with many lights...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TexasGtar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 am Okay double post
Nope you didn't.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11305 read this.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Buggie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:12 am IDK how UE1 work internal actually. So you need try and check. But I believe replace all lights with is not a Light class with a Light actors (as source of light) is a good idea.
Okay, I'll just go ahead and do it. The performance gain was so good with the torchflames I feel like... what can it hurt, and it's got to help.
========================================================================================================
Eternity wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:19 am The only serious problem i have noticed when testing the map is a framerate drop in the start location.
Maybe it is problem with the client settings i used... Same effect with this client was on a few another maps, for example: MH-KG_HighSchool - inside of the hall with many lights...
Yeah, it was bad before but I have removed more than half of the fires in that starting area and it is playing real good in that area now. It wasn't just your client settings, it was my map.
Lots of people commented on how laggy it was there. Thanks for the feedback, but I think the final version has fixed this problem.
========================================================================================================
papercoffee wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:57 am
TexasGtar wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:40 am Okay double post
Nope you didn't.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11305 read this.
Oh good, I want to obey the rules. Wasn't sure though. That was too funny. Everyone should read those examples. I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I report about difference in FPS v436 and v469 with using your map as test with huge FPS fropdown. When I replace all TorchFlames to Lights I can not use it anymore because no any FPS drop. :loool:
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Buggie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:01 am I report about difference in FPS v436 and v469 with using your map as test with huge FPS fropdown. When I replace all TorchFlames to Lights I can not use it anymore because no any FPS drop. :loool:
lol
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I was going to say a while back. I didn't get the map start lag until after I went down the sides-rooms. so you must have had spawning or something starting after that. After I came out of the door the lag was waaay more than before I went in to kill those guys and grab weapons.
Binary Space Partitioning
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Red_Fist wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:15 pm I was going to say a while back. I didn't get the map start lag until after I went down the sides-rooms. so you must have had spawning or something starting after that. After I came out of the door the lag was waaay more than before I went in to kill those guys and grab weapons.
Maybe the 1000 flies I had coming after you had something to do with it. lol They were triggered when the bonus room doors were opened.

Fly's are manageable now, I think I cut it to 100.

I was getting slowing in the start area from the get go. It's way better now.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A tiny small hint.
Something can be used in MyLevel for making a map CONFIGURABLE by user - map having an INI file more exactly. Such a map will allow player to scale difficulty as he-she wants. I recall even an older map MH-KItarra having an INI - I'm not sure if that was operational but I had other Edits using an INI for having or not Big Messages at Counters, and other one for increasing the health of monsters.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:51 am A tiny small hint.
Something can be used in MyLevel for making a map CONFIGURABLE by user - map having an INI file more exactly. Such a map will allow player to scale difficulty as he-she wants. I recall even an older map MH-KItarra having an INI - I'm not sure if that was operational but I had other Edits using an INI for having or not Big Messages at Counters, and other one for increasing the health of monsters.
That would be WAY over my ability. I'm pretty okay with the difficulty. Everyones ideas may not have been my preference, but I can see the benefit and I try to be flexible. Like the flies dilemma. I would just run backwards and use the pistol and take them out. They really were not an issue. But I tested enough times to have situation where those first cell guards would take me out, and the fly mob would surround and trap you in the cell. There was no chance. So even though there were some changes that I might have not agreed with at first, I can see the importance of making these changes so the most people can enjoy the map.
I like everything I have done with all the suggested changes. The input here has been over whelming at times but I have gone through every single suggestion and incorporated all or a part of the suggestions.
And the map is so much better now. I'm so grateful for the community here. I have forgotten so much about mapping, this one might have sat for another 14 years.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Did I overlook it or is "MH-Battle4NaZaliBeta2" given from first post the latest version?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Barbie wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:50 am Did I overlook it or is "MH-Battle4NaZaliBeta2" given from first post the latest version?
Yep, not latest. Final here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14112

This link must be on first post. And biggest from other two.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Barbie wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:50 am Did I overlook it or is "MH-Battle4NaZaliBeta2" given from first post the latest version?
Try out that version buggie posted the final release on your server. It should run great. The final has For instead of 4 in the title.
Fixed the hom's and cut down tons of polys and lots of stuff. Plays super fast on my machine with 32 bots. I think you will like the new and improved final release.