Fragnfrag Is a retired member? Im shocked

Discussions about UT99
darksonny
Adept

Fragnfrag Is a retired member? Im shocked

Post by darksonny »

I saw his nick in the list of retired members, im shocked What happened to him? I s a nice guy and great mapper ... :sad2:
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Fragnfrag Is a retired member? Im shocked

Post by esnesi »

Frag'nBrag got tired of it, as we all do sometimes!
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

I was shocked, too. He had made some of the best maps the UT community had to offer. But like esnesi said, all of us get tired of it sometimes.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yeah, noticed that a couple of weeks ago. Can't really add much to what's been said except that his maps are high quality, great fun and have excellent replayability - so heartfelt thanks for that fine body of work.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

esnesi wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 pmFrag'nBrag got tired of it, as we all do sometimes!
He'll be back, they always come back.

Hell JackGriffin has retired like 9 times already and each time he said he was done for good... and yet he eventually came back.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Sorry to burst your bubble with this one, but the only reason he came back here anyway is because I persuaded him to come back for a mapping contest.
Frag doesn't even play FPS shooters anymore. He's more into his RPGs
Mapping for a game you don't play means no enjoyment factor, just grind.

My sole regret is he never one any of our competitions, when easily his maps are often the most professional and well finished.
The large sizes always seemed to count against him when it came to judging, as many get more fun from fast paced small maps.

I don't think he ever got the accolade he deserved for putting together DM-EpicTown.
From a design and editing point of view it should get a standing ovation.
From a playabilty point of view you need 16-32 players or players that enjoy stalker sniper games, so yeah a map made too late for the world to appreciate.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

DM-EpicTown sounds interesting, I want that! I've been fixing to find a way to put more bots in a match anyway :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr.Flay wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:09 pmMy sole regret is he never one any of our competitions
No, he was in at least one.

He did the 512K mapping competition. Possibly a few others, I'd have to check but he's got competition logos on his maps.
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:02 amDM-EpicTown sounds interesting, I want that! I've been fixing to find a way to put more bots in a match anyway :D
https://sites.google.com/site/fragnbrag ... -epic-town
Attachments
DM-XC-EpicTownV2A-promo1.jpg
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ah, thank you! I had searched for "DM-EpicTown" exact matches. No wonder I didn't find it! Dangit Doc :P

But thanks EG, you're the best!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:36 am
Dr.Flay wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:09 pmMy sole regret is he never one any of our competitions
No, he was in at least one.
Think Dr. Flay ment he never won a contest.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

A long time back Frag gave me permission to edit his Star Trek Voyager maps and I've been lagging on them.

Mainly as he used the ShadowKnight skin and he hadn't been aware of actual Borg skins existing... so last night I busted out the stuff and started up on the edit.

Plus I've noticed some other things since I started up on it last night, like that box around the Earth being so bright, so I'm fixing those too.
Attachments
Shot0072.png
Shot0068.png
Shot0054.png