Game pad rant-ish.

Discussions about everything else
Red_Fist
Godlike

Game pad rant-ish.

Post by Red_Fist »

I despise this xbox total crap we have now days and games that I can't control hardly at all, and I should NOT have to get used to, or learn, I want control of the control.

I never used a keyboard for games, the ONLY reason people used keyboards and to this day being prominent, was because of DOS typing games there was no 3D. So if you want to play hangman or scrabble a keyboard is fine.

So what happens on a new game is you can't friggen get rid of that 360 BS unless you unplug the damn thing and I don't want rumble either, kind of stupid in my opinion. So the only fix was to find a gamepad that has nothing to do with "X"

It's soooo easy and practical and little setup. All I ever do is use JoyToKey, EVERY game has almost the same setup and even if it doesn't all you do is go through keyboard bindings and press buttons, works excellent.

Well hopefully this new one I ordered for $26.50 will work, it's the Logitech F310, why ? it has a switch to use direct input or 360. Now they wouldn't have put a feature on it like that if it wasn't needed and popular and to play older games.

All I ever see for help on the internet is making an old gamepad work like a 360, puking :roll: , everyone is so brainwashed, LoL I need to make a 360 work like an old gamepad.

So I will use JoyToKey just the same and use direct input, I am so glad someone made this with that switch. :D

And if you try to use JoyToKey with a 360 you get double inputs because all the kiddies and those stupid consoles that they write games for first then a PC later, use that stupid 360 and you can't disable it at all. :evil:
If you have a game that the 360 stuff can be disabled or not use it, everything if fine using the 360 with JoyToKey, I disable all controllers-joysticks in every game old or new, if possible, even way back with Quake1 since using JoyToKey it solves EVERY problem and every game becasue all it sees is keyboard input.

I might try their software from Logitech, but so long as my computer recognizes the pad I won't need that either.

The other thing is I rarely use those joystick-knobs for movement, maybe for a racing game, but now days everyone thinks using the plus-sign Dpad is for switching, I only use it for movement. Those joy knobs are a pain in the ass, all I want is strafe, and move front-back.

I am using an old Gravis gamepad pro right now and it works quite well, on EVERY modern game, but I need more input keys.

I always use a mouse and gamepad, some keyboard, I know you guys could care less about gamepads, and I don't own any consoles, so I hope it works good.....................Logitech F310 Direct input AND 360, no rumble and low price.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Game pad rant-ish.

Post by Red_Fist »

Well this is all working very good, there is a switch that you can reverse the pad and ministick, so I have the ministick as the POV.

Plus the reviews on this F310 are yet another thing I bought where the reviews are just so wrong.

The flat Dpad IS loose by design and is easy to press and works better than a strict one direction because you never press exactly straight up, down, sideways, and also facilitates diagonal keys better without having to cram your finger on the center of the plus sign to use diagonal if you programmed the dpad to want that.

Also it isn't creaky and loud, and it isn't super light cheap plastic feel at all.

The front triggers are a little stiff, but in my case I am using it for sprint toggle, but it's not as tough as those reviews exaggerating geez.

Also the deadzones are not huge like some other review on youtube, matter of fact I am setting it to 20% and works better for driving with a slightly larger deadzone, much better control. But even at 0 or 2% it moves right away, there is no play and needs a deadzone increased.

With the latest version of JoyTo key, version 5, I was using version 3, it will find the right side ministick and that program is also working very good.

Now if I am really dying for a 360 I can flip that switch, or use my 360 if I ever wanted to.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Well, it broke, and I don't even realize when or how.

So I guess the idea is that no one is supposed to use the D pad, for movement and only meant for a POV, switching type button.

So I assume that Logitech assumes, that everyone wants to use the mini joystick for movement.

I will email Logitech but will probably look inside and see if I can remedy the problem and the factory problem.

The left Dpad I have to press hard to make it work, so they didn't think people would use it very hard.
Even though I DID NOT use it hard, so something funky is going on.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

That sucks..
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Update.

It was not about the way it was designed at all, for some reason there was that one left D-pad button that had something on the carbon pads.

There is no way I spilled in it, and it came sealed. There is just no way you could miss something dripped in it because the silicone pad would have not let a leak in, which you would see the spill marks,, it was just on that pad. But when I got it, it worked perfectly and all the sudden that button stopped working making me think it was broke.

It all works good now, tricky putting back together because the wire has to be exactly just right for the board to seat properly. I had to take the damn board off because the silicone pad nubs would NOT push in, I had to take the board off to pull them through.

LoL plus I fixed our old 19 inch flat screen TV today too, Came down to bad solder connections. They don't use enough solder for parts that get hot. So I scraped down the foil around those pins so there is a nice solid solder mass. I re soldered the regulators and a chip and the secondary winding side transformer pins, and all the pc board grounds I even sanded the chassis points that they contact, LoL killer grounds now !!! Well it worked, otherwise I was just going to part it out, and trash. It's actually better than factory now.