Anybody wanna try and diagnose this?

Discussions about Coding and Scripting
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Anybody wanna try and diagnose this?

Post by EvilGrins »

Have a bit of a mystery. This isn't about pathing, but it may have to do with the map's scripting, coding... or something. I'm totally confused by this.

Since getting the UTDMS (Deathmatch SkaarjBerserker) I've been mapping (12 CTF/DM/CTF4 map edits so far) and skinning. Typically I place them on a map, select them all for their similar settings, and then do individual configurations for the team settings. In all the maps that's worked fine with no problem, except for this one.

Skaarj that's on the Blue Team is not respawning, even though it's set to. I tried resetting it multiple times, and even went so far as deleting that Skaarj and setting up a new one to take its place. That didn't work any better.

My thought is it's not the Skaarj's issue but something about the Blue Team's side of the map. Some kinda zone over there that doesn't allow for monsters or something... because the Skaarj on the Red Team is not having this problem at all.

Thoughts?
Attachments
CTF-UTDMS-Stonehenge.zip
(4.48 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Shot0236.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Anybody wanna try and diagnose this?

Post by Barbie »

Well, easy: have a look at UnrealTournament.log:
ScriptLog: UTDMskaarjberserker.UTDMskaarjberserker:PreBeginPlay : Couldn't spawn startPoint.
Before game starts, the UTDMSkaarjBerserker tries to spawn a start point at its location. If the UTDMSkaarjBerserker stucks in the wall or ground, a start point cannot be spawned.

Solution: Move your UTDMskaarjberserker some UU higher.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Anybody wanna try and diagnose this?

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:40 pmSolution: Move your UTDMskaarjberserker some UU higher.
I feel mildly embarrassed not to have realized that.

Thankees!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758