Anubitek's Misc Creations

Discussions about everything else
ANUBITEK
Adept

Anubitek's Misc Creations

Post by ANUBITEK »

I probably shouldn't be making this on this board at all, but I figured I'd make a general dumping ground thread for stuff I make that isn't mapping. Speaking of, still working on/off on fixing pathing on my CTF-Noxion edit, editor crashed a couple of times without saving so I gave up for a bit, picked it back up today.

In this topic, I'll be posting some map edits I'm doing in The Plutonia Experiment (Final Doom Wad) with a fork of Brutal Doom Sperglord Edition. If you watch the video, you'll see (or rather hear :wink: ) why I'm posting that here. I'll also dump progress on my Godot game and my Unreal Gold project, if I can remember how to even code UScript anymore. I'm abandoning the 2D platforming aspect and planning on making it a third person arcade shooter again.

So to start it, Plutonia Experiment: Bleeding Edge Map01.

Spoiler
If any mods/admins don't want this here, feel free to delete it. Message me first to let me know that you did please.
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Koolflux
Experienced

Re: Anubitek's Misc Creations

Post by Koolflux »

Wow, didn't know you made stuff for other games.

That looks pretty good, by the way. I've only ever played Doom, I think, once in the past.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

ANUBITEK wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:17 am
Spoiler
If any mods/admins don't want this here, feel free to delete it. Message me first to let me know that you did please.
Spoiler
It's in Off-Topic, therefore it's fine.
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

Koolflux wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:26 am Wow, didn't know you made stuff for other games.
I've done Super Mario World level/world/tile edits, Fallout Tactics level edits, and some Super Mario War level/tile edits. I don't have any of that content anymore, but the knowledge is still there.

ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

An update on the Godot game I'm working on. I debated whether or not to post this for a while, but figured I would because it is the closest approximation I have for what I wanted to do with my old Unreal Gold project. The game was intended to be an Unreal Gold mod, a Stealth Tactics Platformer. I ran into too many roadblocks but I'm considering going back and cleaning up the package and uploading it because it had some neat input stuff in there.

Recently Squad orders were implemented and UI is coming to a more acceptable state to help convey input actions to the player while still being relatively accessible. It needs more work, right now it is a little confusing while it works in real time so I'll have to make it so pulling it up pauses the game.

Spoiler
New PLUTONIA: BLEEDING EDGE video soon, showing Brutal Doom SE gameplay as well as vanilla gameplay. I have to learn GZDoom/Zandronum coding to change a bunch of ammo variables, right now the player just maxes out ammo way too quickly.