MH-TheFifthVortex

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-TheFifthVortex

Post by Buggie »

Port to MH TheFifthVortex map pack.

Original map pack:
http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... Vortex.zip
https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2231
https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3672
https://unrealarchives.com/the-fifth-vortex/
g6MJb7h - Imgur.jpg
x6ur1lZ - Imgur.jpg
w8F6YfV - Imgur.jpg
4ujk9xi - Imgur.jpg
Video Playthrough:

MH map (Beta 1):
place 1: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rxt06a
place 2: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... xBeta1.zip

Beta2: viewtopic.php?p=123424#p123424
Beta3: viewtopic.php?p=123434#p123434
Beta4: viewtopic.php?p=123487#p123487
Beta5: viewtopic.php?p=123495#p123495
Beta6: viewtopic.php?p=123602#p123602
Beta7: viewtopic.php?p=123620#p123620
Beta8: viewtopic.php?p=123685#p123685
Beta9: viewtopic.php?p=123685#p123685
Beta10: viewtopic.php?p=123714#p123714
Beta11: viewtopic.php?p=123892#p123892
Beta12: viewtopic.php?p=124060#p124060
Beta13: viewtopic.php?p=124579#p124579
Beta14: viewtopic.php?p=125370#p125370
Beta15: viewtopic.php?p=125946#p125946
Beta16: viewtopic.php?p=126162#p126162
Beta17: viewtopic.php?p=128290#p128290
Beta18: viewtopic.php?p=128909#p128909
Beta19: viewtopic.php?p=129173#p129173
Beta20: viewtopic.php?p=129260#p129260
Beta21: viewtopic.php?p=129407#p129407
Beta22: viewtopic.php?p=129527#p129527
Beta23: viewtopic.php?p=129814#p129814
Beta24: viewtopic.php?p=130061#p130061
Beta25: viewtopic.php?p=130558#p130558
Beta26: viewtopic.php?p=130572#p130572
Beta27: viewtopic.php?p=130654#p130654
Beta28: viewtopic.php?p=130700#p130700
v29: viewtopic.php?p=132078#p132078
v30: viewtopic.php?p=132078#p132078
v31: viewtopic.php?p=144398#p144398

Known problems:
- Somewhere bsp errors cause invisible obstacles. Mostly hidden by placing deco.
- Castle low fps.
- Bots not supported. Partially only.
- In the sky sometimes visible circles or trees.

I hope these files not need to be included with map:
Extro.uax
UTemple.umx
Surface.umx
utend.umx
WarLord.umx
Palettes.utx
But if you miss something - report, I add.
Last edited by Buggie on Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:25 am, edited 29 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-TheFifthVortex

Post by OjitroC »

Buggie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:10 am Port to MH TheFifthVortex map pack.

But if you miss something - report, I add.
Nothing missing from the zip for me anyway - the maps runs.

Looks interesting - a nice idea putting all the levels from the Fifth Vortex into one map - thought I had the campaign pack but I don't seem to.

I just played the first bit
1) Are there supposed to be UT and Unreal Weapons at the start?
2) You've presumably added more monsters in? Can you briefly outline the changes/additions?

Importantly I found that the map only runs in 469 - in 451 it starts to load and then stops (nothing in the log to indicate why - just gets to the stage of loading mutators and then cuts off).
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Added more monsters for MH, more ammo. more weapons, more powerups, more secrets.
All maps connected in one.
Translator events replaced with usual Special Events.
In general typical MH conversion. Because original monsters counts is too low for MH.

About v451 server: I find this issue. Look like near 1700 monsters too big for v451.
Locally I can run run it, but on v451 server - no.
Later I try reduce count of monsters.

If I remove all ScriptedPawns from map, v451 run fine.
Currently it stuck after successful load and detect monster count with full load of CPU.

In general map build on edge of possible limits. It can not be easy rebuilt.
There too many limits on edge, and too many hacks for make this map even run.

About weapons:
Yes. You can pickup old and new weapons at same time at start.
Ammo points contains 1000 ammo for each weapon, but not often on level, so you better have backup with old weapons if you run out of ammo.

And if you do not like it - you can skip it and not pick up.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Must give it a proper play through ASAP - so how long would it take for one person to finish it, not rushing but taking a normal measured pace?
Buggie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:05 pm About v451 server: I find this issue. Look like near 1700 monsters too big for v451.
I see - I'd forgotten I came across that issue several years ago when putting more monsters into Melt Town, having it not run and then eventually realising that there was a limit on the number of monsters that there could be in a map.

Just to clarify, I can't run the map locally in 436 or 451 but it does run fine in 469.
Buggie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:05 pm Ammo points contains 1000 ammo for each weapon, but not often on level, so you better have backup with old weapons if you run out of ammo.
That's a good idea - should prove very useful.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Maybe 6-8 hours. IDK. Map really big even if you know all ways and how pass specific monsters.
But if you not know map and want collect all secrets... :lol2:

Map without monsters start on v436 too. So I think reduce count monsters help in both cases.

Will be fixed in next beta.

-----

Another issue appear on server - warp portals not correct rotation of player. Possible UT bug.
Locally connections between levels near invisible. I spent a lot of time for achieve this. Even by light and sounds where it is possible.
But on server... :pfff:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

It looks like it's needed some network love then...
There is a strategy for that... but ACE doesn't know it...

Edit: Took a watch 2 minutes... I'm not surprised...
Bot Support... probably might work if DevPath is responding (must be tested first) but not this way which is spam bytes - without any purpose - Gasbags can find alarms anyway because they fly. SpecialEvents for sudden wind ? Do they need to be so many ?
Interesting_AndUseless.PNG
Yes, Paths View is active but there is nothing to see... lol, and still 6000+ reachSpecs.
I'm still looking at it...
Edit2: Umm.. yes, great map for writing some tutorial about "How Not To Do" pathing. Then I'll check what's problematic at geometry. More people are still using 451 servers as they are... and then... What's the purpose of such charge ?

Edit3:IN CERTAIN MH2 versions. MonsterEnd attached to movers won't do anything as long as those mods are poorly coded not taking "Bases" in account, the same as in MH-Miam... mmm, nope... I don't think I'm interested to see more...

Code: Select all

Duplicated: Manta133 was found 2 times.
Just a fragment because iterations were crashing during scan...
Then, referenced reachSpecs are 6148, but a map scan is reporting 623, maybe because:
UtterTrash.PNG
UtterTrash.PNG (5.66 KiB) Viewed 1979 times
Real show, destruction test:

DevPath: Remove 6755 old reachspecs
Why Engine v451 doesn't run map ? The Legend says that Engine 451 has his dignity... :pfff: and... it doesn't have a mouth because you might not want to hear what Engine has to say... I think Engine 451 does the right thing based on logic: Why trying to run map and crashing when it can be directly rejected without to crash. It's pretty simple, like the other logic: Computer won't execute any error if it's turned off :mrgreen: . Driver's logic: Don't go anywhere with a damaged car, better go get some sleep.
Cutting log to last line:

VoidCheck: 6565 actors look placed into void, check those.
Not all of them are damaging but enough ones for being another useless load.
Next sh!t show:

StaticsCheck: Bork >> Teleporter17 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> scoutshipdec3 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> scoutshipdec0 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite6 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite7 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite8 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite9 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite10 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite11 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
StaticsCheck: Bork >> ScaledSprite12 won't be seen in clients. Class has bStatic True and has been screwed to False.
then

... spam
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo12 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo14 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo18 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WarpZoneInfo2 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WaterZone25 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WaterZone24 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WaterZone19 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WaterZone18 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and WaterZone33 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo27 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo13 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo17 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo35 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo34 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo16 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo19 share the same zone
ZoningChecker: MyZoneInfo15 and MyZoneInfo8 share the same zone
... spam
and K.O.

ScriptLog: Logged 15969 actors...
Without InventorySpot types...
The big question is how many of these are replicated or an attempt at replication and these happening through only 1024 channels.
Good luck, guys!
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

You tell this like that regular map. Not a conversion of exists map pack. Not a unreal huge map nearly working.
It is not so.
You can try rebuild geometry. After that you cant not even save map.
You can just rebuild paths. Map not start after that.
You can...

There too many things bad. And miracle consist in fact all of these still work.

These ~30k polys and ~55k Nodes in static brushes. Also exists ~10k nodes in moving brushes.
This map on edge possibilities of engine.

You can not threat it like regular map. Or try tune in same way.
SteadZ
Average
Personal rank: 1337

Post by SteadZ »

Of course you thought to ask Doublez-Down or Teridax whether they were ok with you doing this conversion of their campaign before you decided to make it, right?
"The problem with dreams is... you never know when you're gonna wake up"

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You could ask others which were changing author names for the same thing - 90% unchanged or even worst than original. One of them was trying to hack my accounts and sending me some "love" in PM and all possible resources (skype, e-mail, etc) when I asked him about what it does - or IT doesn't do in maps and renaming them and writing crap in Read-Me files... and uploading them at unrealarchive.org.

Me one I'm not bother to ask anybody anything - such type of work deserve deletion without passing through RecycleBin. I suffered back in years around 2009 based on such maps. First time I though that I'm really stupid unable to launch a good MH server without to know how damaging are these maps happily spread and "helping community". NOBODY can have a stable MH server with such "great maps". It will always go down-hill sooner or later. Kaal was Evil were you saying ? It's not the only one... However, like I said, I'll complete some information in Pathing Tutorials not exactly Bot Pathing tutorials about guessed stuff and what can be avoided in maps because it's out of any purpose and using LOGIC not guessing.
Buggie wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:52 pm There too many things bad. And miracle consist in fact all of these still work.
Its surprising to see Editor still Alive by only opening it.
I cannot say it cannot be "normalized" but it needs a lot of manual work outside of Editor... in Notepad++ lol. And... I'm not a slave to work like a slave behind others. It took one month to wrap a bit that Tarmation2 which still has things to solve...

Edit: Perhaps this one has some chance for getting into playground, I cannot say that is sure 100%.
The fact is that I've just removed paths for getting rid of buggers bytes, and... I rebuild map in Editor 451b - IT Worked - as usual using my way not "button pusher" style, not 34 MB but 28.4 MB. I'm expecting holes as long as MaxPoints limit is not that far...
And then, some experts probably are capable to do more than I could... I've just tested assets because I don't have any plan with it so far.
Edit2: For the record, after cleaning it a bit (not monsters) it was started in XC_MonsterHunt and game v451. The show continued to play in run-time:

ScriptLog: Boulder5 will not run any null animation for a mesh screwed - Fix Level...
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light279 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light285 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light288 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light289 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light290 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light291 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light292 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
ScriptWarning: Light MH-TheFifthVortexBeta1_R20_2.Light293 (Function Engine.Actor.SetInitialState:001E) GotoState (TriggerToggle None): State not found
Somebody had a... lightning trouble, lol... these actors are unchanged... MapGarbage cannot see if actor will call a NONE state...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bump ahead.
I was looking at one of Episodes -> EhatoraOne.unr.

Map it's in a good state. When I'm talking about a good state I'm referring at THIS:
Mr.Garbage wrote: Specs: PathNode51 - UpstreamPaths[0]=410 ->PathNode49 --->PathNode51 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=462
Connected: PathNode49 to PathNode51.
Specs: ___________________________________________
Specs: PathNode51 - Paths[0]=418 ->PathNode51 --->PathNode49 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=462
Connected: PathNode51 to PathNode49.
Specs: PathNode51 - PrunedPaths[0]=416 ->PathNode51 --->AlarmPoint17 RFlags=Fly =2 Dist=857
ShortcutConnected: PathNode51 to AlarmPoint17.
Specs: PathNode51 - UpstreamPaths[1]=415 ->PathNode50 --->PathNode51 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=388
Connected: PathNode50 to PathNode51.
Specs: PathNode51 - Paths[1]=419 ->PathNode51 --->PathNode50 RFlags=Fly =2 Dist=388
Connected: PathNode51 to PathNode50.
Specs: PathNode51 - PrunedPaths[1]=417 ->PathNode51 --->PathNode48 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=653
ShortcutConnected: PathNode51 to PathNode48.
These Episodes are done properly in "U227i" and they are complete as SinglePlayer out of all sort of network-gaming requirements - where story is different.
Episode_One_GoodState.PNG
Episode_One_GoodState.PNG (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
Actually plain UT Editor WILL NEVER add such paths and any "conversion" to MH it's a junk full of loads out of any purpose. Excuse me, but this is not a MH "conversion". Original map is addressing Monsters correctly with air paths and all requirements. "Converted" UT version is addressing to DELETION being out of Engine boundaries, out of sanity, out of everything, and it doesn't have any aerial reachSpec as are having original Episodes.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Very nice stress test map to challenge the servers... 2.5 GHz core load is up to 80% with 2 clients connected.
Some servers that have channels count issues will not be able to run this map at all, same way as MH-SkaarjTowerF.

(There is one abandoned project that was intended to implement a proper replication for Mover position with bAlwaysRelevant==False. But there was no actual need in this, since more simple solutions performed the needed work with all the maps fine enough. Probably, now it is time to bring it into the working condition and to give it a try in some tests... This map seems very good for it, will try this a bit later...)

Image Image Image
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Server Stress - I don't get the point of testing an out of Engine map. You cannot even see in client all map's actors due to settings - those things need NET VERSIONS in Mylevel or... outside of Level. But, if you can manage to play it, good to hear that...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Get rid of the duplicate brushes for sure.

Plus I don't think you are supposed to use Unreal1weapons on MH maps, I don't remember what the reason was, but I always use only UT stuff.

And definitely get rid of the extra zone infos or make them a zone again or reduce amount of zones. (delete the left over green nonsolids)
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Previous SP episodes do look fine, this Mix cannot even be adjusted or done some extra things with MapGarbage in initial stage because it's getting over engine limitations. At UScript Level iterations are crashing. I was doing a temporary testing, removing paths, several useless stuff, fixing that duplicate Manta... but there is more work to do for making map errors free and THEN testing some server, not in this state. MaxPoints boundary it's not far, you have options:
- get used with invisible surfaces;
- crash at limit.
In 436 I could see boat in first stage leaving spot. In 451 it was almost invisible...
Mixing Episodes in this Unreal Engine 1 it's not good in any way. If they are like that it's because this is the How To do things in this Engine and nothing else.

As for UnrealI weapons in MonsterHunt you can only dream at these, they are REPLACEMENTS in run-time, only in Editor you can see them in original class format - use <cheatview> command in game and see what I mean, I think I was already talking about this subject, and exactly these replacements are bugging Skaarj monsters because MyWeapon is REPLACED going None - they have weapon only during a lucky move or else they don't have anything. The function ReplaceWith for MonsterHunt should be rewritten, Engine is useless here. A map with these things can have a tiny actor tweaker taking care of Skaarj but... Who cares ?