MH-TheFifthVortex

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

Re: MH-TheFifthVortex

Post by Buggie »

Problem in duplicate name for Manta133. Now map loaded in v451 server. IDK how this happen.

In Beta2 fixed warp zones rotations and reduced count of monsters on start. Now there only 700 monsters on map load.

Beta2: https://www.sendspace.com/file/6dhf6a
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The same LOW FPS and NO air as in original.
OriginalFlight.PNG
And visible different from original area
OuttaFlight.PNG
Good, and now I go to play other things, this "conversion" should be done in 227i or 227h and not in UT. What UT does it's not a conversion unless you want to do XC paths not EPIC paths.
I was surprised to find myself telefragged at start after looking at how many PlayerStart actors are there - useless - Plain UT is sorting from 16 PlayerStart pieces in team games doesn't matter how many you have:

Code: Select all

function NavigationPoint FindPlayerStart( Pawn Player, optional byte InTeam, optional string incomingName )
{
	local PlayerStart Dest, Candidate[16], Best; //Yeah, suuure, 32 64 128 - add more TRASH
	local float Score[16], BestScore, NextDist;
	local pawn OtherPlayer;
	local int i, num;
	local Teleporter Tel;
	local NavigationPoint N;
	local byte Team;

First are sorted ones possible from the Linked List known by friends as NavigationPointlist and then it follows an iterator ONLY if results are None, the rest of starts out of list are discarded in this case, lol. This is available for map BattleForNazali whatever X useless playerstarts added out of purpose - it's why I'm pushing them UPPER, allow people to spawn as many as possible using only 8 10 pieces.
MoreScrewed.PNG
MoreScrewed.PNG (5.73 KiB) Viewed 662 times
First, you can look at TeamgamePlus codes and understand why NavigationPointlist it's important in MonsterHunt unless you want some "Spawn" troubles. Beta2 at this point it's more rammed than Beta1, lol.

EDIT: Took a look at this one - it's OVER Engine anyway... and HAS AIR paths back. Here I should test if DevPath works but... I'm thinking if it worth wasting time with this lagger.
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta2_Linked.7z
(5.14 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
And that's all for me with regard to this map.
Zones are the same junks, actor settings are still spamming in the same way... DevilFish23 it's not in map but under bottom of lake, and so on. Logs are already posted - else they are available and can be read by everyone in their system.
EDIT2:After getting rid of dumb settings (null states and null animations and deleting multiple zoning insanity) I tested a bit DevPath. It looks like there are chances for XC_MonsterHunt and XC devs as long as plain map doesn't have a default plain response, but a XC one. I cannot say that it will be in good state after setting up Net stuff as long as more charge doesn't do anything than damaging more... I'll do more here another time, it needs some extra moves for saving map... Probably those alarms won't work as supposed because Engine won't react as expected.
Then... WaterZone33 has the same zone as LevelInfo0 - Located INTO VOID. As result, definitely the Void it's a water area demonstrating a zone leak with void - a non-colliding wall.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Beta3: https://www.sendspace.com/file/30xezh

- Fix TriggerLight issue on Dedicated server: if bHidden = true then TriggerLight not work on dedicated server. Very strange issue.
- Fix DevilFish23 in void.
- Remove WaterZone33.
- Add screenshot.
- Fix network role for rotating movers (DumpProxy -> SimulatedProxy).
- Fix EncroachType for movers trigger only once (Return -> Ignore).
- Fix Light unknown initial state.

----
Also I want note if message for Broadcast (via SpecialEvevnt) longer then 250 symbols it simple silent discarded.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 pmBeta2:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/6dhf6a wrote: Warning!
No javascript available!
Your browser does not support JavaScript or JavaScript is disabled. You must enable JavaScript or use a JavaScript supported browser for this site to function correctly.
What for do they need JS for downloading a file? :mad2:
(Finally I set the domain to "temporary trust" and downloaded the file.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE

ut99@ubuntu-x32:~/ut-server/Music$ fdupes .
./Trophy.umx
./Credits.umx
(files with same content)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE II
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Light382.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Light383.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: AmbientSound307.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Light384.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Light385.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: AmbientSound308.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: scoutshipdec2.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Teleporter20.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: Teleporter17.bStatic=False is not the default value
TheFifthVortexBeta2.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: scoutshipdec3.bStatic=False is not the default value
(and many more of them)
Changing the property "bStatic" to false does not work online, so for example Teleporter20 will not move. Instead sub class them and set their default value for bStatic to FALSE.
UPDATE III
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta2.MapPatcherSvr0.FixMoverTriggeredOnce LOG_Warning: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta2.AttachMover12 InitialState is 'TriggerToggle' - bTriggerOnceOnly has no effect then
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

1. I can use any other simple file share. Mediafire not friendly to me.
2. Yep. But you can not use Credits.umx because song name must match with package or no music. ut bug.
3. You sure? Because I checked on dedicated server and all fine. You can use "causeevent short2" at start position from admin for check.
4. I see this. Mover22 and AttachMover12 triggered only once.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

You should see client logs for those net "Nothings", a static class is not created in client, it doesn't exist in client - and then I cannot predict movement timing when server is miss-aligned with client. Flares and all those screwed "lights" ported on a mover are not seen in clients. You should compare OFF-Line with ON-Line and see what is about. Client log has also game data at this point.
A mover triggered once only is TriggerOpenTimed and not one intended for toggling. TriggerToggle can be toggled again, that's the purpose of such a mover and not triggered a single time.
Boulder5 is a BlockALL set as bHidden=False and it won't spam a mesh screwed.
Movable Teleporters ? LOL, these can be adjusted like ones from SkaarjTower, STATIC, and spoofing a portal with a portable decoration on a mover right into Teleporter place, these aren't hard to do. If you want monster/bot paths FORGET dynamic teleporters, these are BUGS and nothing else.
Whatever Music messing up names can go in MyLevel - What's the problem then ?

At this moment I have two options:
- waiting BetaX whatever number;
- continuing to solve initial beta where... XC_Engine offers Bot Support.
I'm thinking... I believe I'll remove some extra polygons... I don't see any reason to get in crashing stage.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Beta4: https://www.sendspace.com/file/b517r1

Lot of fixes and improvements.
Fine work with v436 clients on network. Near 500 monsters at start.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Still something to do: :highfive:
-----------------------
Boulder MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.Boulder5 (Function UnrealShare.Boulder.PostBeginPlay:003C) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Pos2' not found in Mesh 'Nali1'
Boulder MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.Boulder5 (Function UnrealShare.Boulder.PostBeginPlay:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Pos3' not found in Mesh 'Nali1'
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: ObjectPath1.bStatic=False is not the default value
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot118 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot120 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot132 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot135 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot139 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot140 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot144 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot155 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot170 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot180 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot193 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot196 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot210 has no inventory item
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.ShockCore15 has no InventorySpot (and hundreds inventory items more...)
MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.MapPatcherSvr0.FixMoverUseTriggered LOG_Verbose: Fixed this mover to not be cheated by grab command: Mover272
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

> MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.ReportNoneDefault_bStatic LOG_Error: ObjectPath1.bStatic=False is not the default value
This is fine.
> MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.MapPatcherSvr0.FixMoverUseTriggered LOG_Verbose: Fixed this mover to not be cheated by grab command: Mover272
This is intended.
-----

ScriptLog: InventorySpot118      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot144      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot155      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot170      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot180      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot193      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot196      markedItem    'None'
ScriptLog: InventorySpot210      markedItem    'None'
Ok I deleted it.
It happens because I replace some original items with another ones. And do not rebuild pathes. But I think this path irrelevant for monsters - they not collect Inventory. And this maps not for bots.
All another not my problem/fault.
For example

MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.InventorySpot120 has no inventory item

Begin Map
Begin Actor Class=InventorySpot Name=InventorySpot120
     markedItem=RocketCan'MyLevel.RocketCan1'
     upstreamPaths(0)=6535
     Paths(0)=6536
     visitedWeight=10000000
     nextNavigationPoint=InventorySpot'MyLevel.InventorySpot119'
     Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0'
     Tag="InventorySpot"
     Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=-1)
     Location=(X=17917.806641,Y=-6284.996094,Z=-859.000000)
     OldLocation=(X=17917.806641,Y=-6284.996094,Z=-859.000000)
     bSelected=True
     Name="InventorySpot120"
End Actor
End Map
markedItem=RocketCan'MyLevel.RocketCan1' so when your code replace this unreal ammo to old unreal equivalent, this link now lead to None. Not my fault.
----
> MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.KHMBase0.CheckInventorySpots LOG_Verbose: MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.ShockCore15 has no InventorySpot (and hundreds inventory items more...)
I not rebuild paths because silly algorithm make InventorySpot for each ammo, even if its located too close. So when I place spot with all ammo in one place it create a lot path nodes near. So greatly increase path network. And on start, when monsters try find closest node in path network limit of iterations reached and map crashed.

Possible instead of this "ammo spots" need make special actor with very special code, which spawn and get all ammo on touch.
But it is very hard solution. And not flexible, because all ammo replacer not work for it. And old weapons ammo maybe not work.
----
> Boulder MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.Boulder5 (Function UnrealShare.Boulder.PostBeginPlay:003C) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Pos2' not found in Mesh 'Nali1'
> Boulder MH-TheFifthVortexBeta4.Boulder5 (Function UnrealShare.Boulder.PostBeginPlay:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Pos3' not found in Mesh 'Nali1'
This fixed by change base Actor to Car.
---
Currently, after reduce start count of monsters paths can be rebuilt without break map on start. But...
Here paths before rebuilt:
scr_1603253579.png
And here after:
scr_1603253519.png
As sektor love say "path network need a bit love". But I not agree with him.
This path network entirly bad builded and algorithm which build it must be corrected, because it pointless try fix it.

For example I leave visible only relevant part of map on Top view:
scr_1603253918.png
And now tell me why need connect all PathNodes between them? For example
scr_1603254127.png
Point 1 need be connected with Point 2?
Even if between them happily appear point 3, near exact line connect 1 and 2?
In general speaking all nodes can be connected with reasonable count of edges of graph. not this hell where almost all node connected with each other visible in some radius.
But this required a bit mote intelligent algorithms rather simple loop over all visible nodes in some range.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Last edited by Buggie on Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Buggie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:23 am As sektor love say "path network need a bit love". But I not agree with him.
This path network entirly bad builded and algorithm which build it must be corrected, because it pointless try fix it.
And I AM DISAGREE with you. I already build Paths CLEAN in this map - crash-free and tested with Bots in first stage, all Navigation Chain is doable properly using XC_EditorAdds ( mapping AIR PATHS AS ORIGINAL MAPS/Episodes ) - even plain build does a clean and properly linked Navigation chain disregarding reachSpecs out of Engine recommendations.
Like I said in Nazali map topic (redundant posting) you can copy-Move ALL junkie items (ammo and such) in a t3d file, build paths and then import items BACK, Post-Pathing - nothing will explode and will prevent a lot of paths to be created and spam data added in map.
Next NETWORK sektor-rial for dummies or "turturial" aka network-turtles or such:
- bStatic actors attached at a mover or such and Never seen, neither Spawned in clients can be seen using... LOVE, yeah, the True Love. I'm loving to put these bNoDelete - for not being deleted in Net Games and allowing replication to do its job here... see Movers as a sample... replicated and never deleted.
- Increasing NetPriority up to 4;
- toggle them AlwaysRelevant if are under 10-20 pieces;
- removing bStasis by any matter;
- reducing NetUpdateFrequency at 20-50;
- pick a suitable remote-role SimulatedProxy or DumbProxy depending on map and how are they behaving.
UTFlare_MovingOnLine.png
Here I did not wanted more MyLevel - just using... SETTINGS... and this is CLIENT-GAME.
This is plain UTFlare (bStatic) adjusted as long as when it was attached to mover and movable like here was never seen by clients, EXACTLY like those Boulders from CTF-Face never seen ON-Line anywhere, but... they could be seen if those n00bs from EPIC would have a clue about Unreal Networking - not only cube-drawer skillz, lol.
Buggie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:23 am For example I leave visible only relevant part of map on Top view:
scr_1603253918.png
And now tell me why need connect all PathNodes between them? For example
scr_1603254127.png
Point 1 need be connected with Point 2?
I have to answer with a QUESTION: Why are needed so many PathNodes here ? Any logic reason for having PathNodes here ? Did they even read what Polge was explaining in pathing tutorials ?
Let me answer then: This is a mindless load - here AlarmPoints can substitute PathNodes in all ways, yeah, simple as that. MapGarbage is helping in preventing SpawnPoints from having Paths as long as this is NOT a Must-Have.
Simplified.PNG
And I'm not done, yet, I have no reason to rush for releasing files, I'll solve navigation chain with aerial paths and reduced paths. 16 PlayerStarts because this is UT and nothing else, preventing creating paths for all Inventories SpawnPoints etc. I think I can be under 4000 reachSpecs but I'll try to go lower as possible. XC is the tool here not Epic.
And here is your spotted charge - simplified... for detonating mystical "bugs" in dust and pieces.
Point1_2_LOLZING.PNG
Clean as crystal. A crystal for a woman which you are Loving...
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Yep. you can open Paint and draw photo-realistic picture. Open .unr specification study it and write entire map in HEX editor.
Or write map blindly in notepad in t3d.
And I believe such people exists. But this prove nothing.

I extract this PathNode to cube map, build it and get same mess:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/129

UnrealEd use bad way for build paths. Of course you can use some workarounds and so on. And may be get some reasonable result. But you can not blame people just because result is wrong - they use broken tool.
This is work for computers, not for people - build oriented graph in 3D space. And UnrealEd MUST give us simple and easy tool for that. It is that why we use it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

People at learning about paths should read first what Polge was writing - ALL PathNodes nearby other navigation points are a nonsense.
Map's Navigation Network aka Bot Support - basics
They added Nodes for NO REASON causing damage by themselves and blaming machine for not knowing how to drive. It's why computer does damage, because we are not used to follow Rules:

Rules, You got point !
MapGarbage was helping me tens of times for preventing borks.

Class MySpawnPoint extends SpawnPoint;

May I ask why this mess ? It's a mess, no joking... Did they have any clue about using KeyPoints instead ? Unreal Victims are Victims based on their own actions. Unreal was reacting correctly. Viva Unreal !

If by chance in future I'll release such a "Sektor-Version" it will have KEYPOINTS and not NavigationPoints for loading navigation chain with thousands of elements, and all Useless Pathnodes are going to be moved in other maps which are not having PathNodes :satan: .
And people are making these using Tools and not by the Tools using people.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

MySpawnPoint for spawn monsters like SpawnPoint do, but without Factory. Simply and clean class. Read it code.
With it I lower count of monsters on map start from 1700 to 300.
Another workaround because UnrealEd can not understand simple things - monsters which in thousand miles from player must be skipped and not eat CPU at all.
But UT can not work in this way. So this is another hack. Like system of pipes on level for avoid 63 zones limit. Like very many things here. Like make bStatic = False subclasses for fix v436 clients. Because map must run fine in broken clients.
bStatic = False in runtime mostly work fine in v436a. And not need subclass, but map for all versions.
WarpZones too need subclasses on every map where they not in one direction, because exists bug: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/103
And these lot of such stuff.
----
For manually fix 4 WarpZoneMarker's I need 4 times reload UnrealEd because bug: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... /issues/81
I edit first WarpZoneMarker. Save Map. Go for next WarpZoneMarker and UnrealEd crash.
So I go load UnrealEd again and next WarpZoneMarker. On next WarpZoneMarker it crash...
It is also example how can be things can be builded with broken tool. but it is not proper. It is object of changes and fixes.
Last edited by Buggie on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Buggie wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:37 am MySpawnPoint for spawn monsters like SpawnPoint do, but without Factory. Simply and clean class. Read it code.
I HAVE read code and this code can be KEYPOINT. Can you get this any why ? Because keypoints are not processed during a scan into NavigationPointlist. They are excepted, and it speeds up processing: FindPathToward, FindPlayerStart, etc.
And no, screwed bStatic actors are not the How to. I've adjusted maps for plain UT clients in ages before any UT469 and all was functional using the same STOCK actors.

If Monster Gaming Server will have such/this map, it will be done by ME as I consider, and a welcome for UT436 player in the same way as for UT469 player.
I don't see anything improved and then I have no reasons for downloading any file. Navigation chain will be reduced with at least 1000+ points and reachSpecs not that far from 3000 elements. Bot Support included in big parts, if not, no other such map will ever leave this room.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.