MH-TheFifthVortex

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

Re: MH-TheFifthVortex

Post by Buggie »

TexasGtar wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 am Tried to join the barbieworld and got this
Try disable precache textures.
Also you need try join barbie server when others map loaded. For distinguish reason. Because this map really hard for start enter to server from it.
Barbie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:02 am Map started at 01:26.
Yep. Map on engine limits. So nothing surprised. But now it is run acceptable. So players can play. No hard glitches.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

I got in as spectator on different map. After you and barbie left, so yup the map was crashing the game on me.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

On v469a I can not enter on some maps with precache = true. So I disable it. With v436 I enter here fine.
What version of UT you used?
You tried disable precache?
What render you use?
----
sektor2111 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:04 am Map is not fully pathed but navigation chain is not corrupted - I deleted useless nodes, it would be advisable to LEAVE PATHS ALONE if you don't want other modifications.
I never do with paths anything on this map. All copied from original map.

Speaking about this version - spawnpoint1 outside network. So Spawned skaarj not follow order. And not run in deadly beam.
scr_1603528904.png
in original:
scr_1603528920.png
----
Look like other scripted stuff not broken. So I use this version as base for next Beta. Thanks for work.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

TexasGtar wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:08 am Tried to join the barbieworld and got this
I'm sure it's on my end. Not sure how to get up to speed. Haven't played online for years.
It looks like you are using the original D3D renderer. Look through your installation and see if you have OpenGL or a later D3D (D3D8/9/10/11); and if you do, try one of these. If you don't have them, have a look on this forum (in Tweak your UT setting or Modernize Your UT threads) for links to these later renderers.

Alternatively just update to the 469a patch - be sure to backup your UT/System folder before installing it (it includes a couple of updated textures (fonts) but these work OK with earlier UT versions so not a problem to overwrite them). You can switch between UT versions simply by renaming one of the System folders.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Thanks for the help everyone. I have the ut I installed off the box set. Not sure what version that is. I have not done any patches. I have opengl which I usually use but I switxhed to d3d for some map that was too dark.
I'll find time to get reinstalled. I need to copy my maps folder to somewhere so I don't lose anything. What a hassle..lol Thanks for the help all. I am not an unreal epert on tweking settings, patching and everything else. I'll see what I can do by myself and go from there. I think I have a nvidia card but computer wants Intel graphics. I don't understand it. I keep getting these nvidia driver needs to be updated and when I try it says I don't have a nvidia hooked up to anything.

Not to worry. I'll get on it and see how far I can get by myself.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Buggie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 am Speaking about this version - spawnpoint1 outside network. So Spawned skaarj not follow order. And not run in deadly beam.
Nonsense.
All SPAWNPOINTS should be excepted here from having reachSpecs. By adding SpawnPoints into network it grows reachspecs ARRAY size and processing cycles, going nowhere, yeah, ruin it back, and I'll fix it back - I know what I have to do in such stages. Final version will have MY PATHS and nothing else. If you want real good tweaks except them from network and Move ALL these HIGHER - UNREACHABLE from ground pawns, yes, it's simple as a pie instead of creating a new mountain of data linked in Level - already loaded at insane stage. When people will understand Real Life Movement Logic will understand Unreal Movement logic too, making Paths and all sort of cheap tweaks accelerating the Devs instead of slowing them down.

But... of course, first I want to see if this mix will ever work, lol, and then it will come my love over it and I'll be happy to destroy 2000+ useless reacspecs which you are adding just because "SpawnPoint outside network" - ALL can be outside and Out of Problems. More than that it's helpful to have these keypoints not NavigationPoints.
In other hand... I made a few tests for DevPath, Not SpawnPoint is the problem no worries, DevPath processes over that maximum "GCycles" allocated in some moments, beyond that stage it won't give anything any neither to a monster - and by the way, if that's a RED path then it's not for Monster - creature is instantly rejected. Then more reachSpecs = More GCycles taken. Solution is reducing paths not loading more :lol2: .
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:23 pm which you are adding just because "SpawnPoint outside network"
Maybe you bad read:
Buggie wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:53 am I never do with paths anything on this map. All copied from original map.
About Spawnpoint. Before YOUR PATHS skaarj follow order and run into deadly beam and die.
After YOUR PATHS skaarj stand still wait player and attack he.

So what reason of this break logic?

----

I face strange issue.

Castle full of dynamic light (TriggerLight) for effect with temporary off light on this part map. It cause lags like hell.
So I decide sacrifice this effects (especially it not work properly on network - too many TriggerLight want replicate, so replicated only few of them, all other stay enabled and effect of total dark gone. After 15 seconds all enabled back so this effects most player not see fully).
Because of that I goes to replace all TriggerLight with usual light.
Rebuild light. All fine. FPS increased.
But all Actors black like no light here. In UEd in all renders all fine. In game - they dark.
But not all. Nali fruit which I add later is light normally. Old actors - Trees, Monsters, books - dark.
Fruit is good. Near black book. Very strange.
I try delete replace light. Rebuild without and import from t3d. Rebuild light and got same issue.
Possible push into another limit. IDK.
I try add fresh new light near actors. They black. I ti s mercenary. When they fire they light by muzzle flash and projectiles. But not by map.
Map light as supposed.
Maybe anyone have ideas? I try copy actors to text - nothing special. Light to text - nothing special again.
----
Also I try send to Last Light - nope. Send to last actors - nope.
----
Look like another limit.
Fruits very special case. They work properly.
If I add book - it is dark.
If I add light - it light actors. Because all Light added without rebuild light added as bDynamicLight.
But if I rebuild light on map, then again all actors dark. Light come to brushes. Possible converted to light maps. But for actors it is not work.
v436 now crash even on try save map. c0000005 exception. Access violation somewhere. Even not usual c++ exception for crash. :loool:
----
Log from build light:

Code: Select all

Log: Opened temporary viewport
Log: Occluded 8340 views in 15.635867 sec (1.874804 msec per light)
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level MyLevel.MyLevel
Log: 1390 Lights, 27943 Polys, 166296 Pairs, 57865713 Rays
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I REPEAT: MOVE SpawnPoint higher and Skaarj is moving if paths are not RED (see in original UT Editor 436), if paths are RED it won't move anywhere and generally here DevPath will work slow... I have tools for testing these and I know well a normal response vs no response or anything else. Whatever is wrong at paths due to reducing the load, reachspecs can be edited manually. The problem comes in pulling map through Editors, it's crashing or it's not saved - that's my problem, not pathing. If by chance will be a normal map I'll bet that ALL Monsters will work as intended without X thousands of paths and useless chained data. This is easy, I'm not scared about that. Then, I could do things well and tested properly if I would be capable to play it normally... but it lags, it's crashing, DevPath works only when it wants. How do am I supposed to work this way ?

And such crash I guess it's coming from some memory overlapping. If you are not removing several brushes reducing map's load for going inside engine, it will never work.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:37 am I REPEAT: MOVE SpawnPoint higher and Skaarj is moving if paths are not RED
See screenshots above. Spawnpoint not connect with AlarmPoint after YOUR PATHS.
All paths green.
Before YOUR PATHS work. After YOUR PATHS - not work.
If this need place higher why before YOUR PATHS it is work?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

I've never seen such an armada of SpecialEvents (1251). I guess something is wrong there...
Attachments
SEArmarda.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Heart of EhactoraFour map. A lot of sounds. All light turns to black, eyes on wall off. And Bam! Light stroke from sky. Quake. Eyes on walls turn to red. All light on level return back. Now teleport to The Fifth Vortex open.

So all of this intended. but All light is Trigger Light. It is mean entire map is on dynamic light. And low FPS.

Also all flame everywhere is movers or attached to movers. For hide on dark period.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:48 amSo all of this intended.
Let's take for example the (hundreds?) SpecialEvents with the Tag "FVQuake". They are located all close to each other and have the settings

Code: Select all

InitialState=PlaySoundEffect
Sound=Sound'AmbOutside.OneShot.quake33'
The sound is played at the location of the SpecialEvents.
So what could have been mapper's intention? That the sound can be heard at any place there? I think, in this case ONE custom Actor would be better instead of hundreds SE.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Beta8: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0dk2y6

- many improvement.
- now rebuild lights not break disco at end.
- eyes on wall fixed.
- special spawnpoints now work only once.
- Add some messages for better understand map logic.
- integrated SEKTOR PATHS.
- reduce health for tentacles.
- some other improvement.
---
IDK exactly what mappers mean but look like this way of make directional sound which placed in 3D space and hear everywhere.
---
I fail replace DynamicLight to static on castle. If I remove light from their order in actors/map list, then light for actors stop work. So we stuck on this dynamic light.
Maybe possible export entire map to t3d. Edit text of 185 TriggerLight to Light, and load back. But I think it break too many things here.
---
Beta9: https://www.sendspace.com/file/rmeg7f

- really fix disco at end map.

Also in Beta8 fix many music issues.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Eternity wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 amThe only serious problem that still happens - is significantly increased latency after reaching location with flying AttachMover's - Tick Rate drops down to 10-15, but the core load is only at 1/2..2/3 and free memory available is enough, i still haven't found what produces this latency.
This is not map-related, but is another bug of v469a Linux build. With v469a Windows build this map works with no problems (tested Beta7_1 with both builds).
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 am Maybe possible export entire map to t3d.
I always do that if I have to replace more than two or three items.

Take into account that lines with more than 1023 characters are cut off without a hint. Can happen with longer descriptions in TranslatorEvents or such.