Some statistics

Discussions about UT99
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Re: UT99 is almost dead

Post by Hook »

RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:18 pm I remember seeing these same posts 10 years ago, and here we are :)
DITTO!!! :tu:
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Hellkeeper wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:10 pm I hardly ever play with humans, bots are my friends and family. The game will stay alive for me as long as I have the shortcut on my desktop. Why worry?
Thats what we need , better Bot Support !!
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

gargul2 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm The intention of my post was not to write about every single player, but only about players playing at the same time at the highest peak, for simplicity, nor was the intention to calculate stats with 1% accuracy, nor was to mention about Discords...however you are free to do so if you need, however it won't change a simple fact UT99 is almost dead.
I would argue that the intention of your post was to antagonize a community dedicated to the game, a.k.a. trolling. You seem like the kind of guy that pays for a Katy Perry ticket just so you can bring a "You Suck" placard to the concert.

Anyhow, you'll be gone soon enough I'd wager but thanks for the info and in other news you might revel in, water is wet. :gj:
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:18 pm I remember seeing these same posts 10 years ago, and here we are :)
There is a bunch of hater that isn't satisfied enough! They need more headshot to experience the real deal! :loool:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

There has been the same post already:
UTPe wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm people have been talking about the death of the game since 2010 and here we still are...so who cares about your stats ? :lol2:
may ut99 live forever ! :rock:
And there has been someone who has been quoting and applauding it already:
OjitroC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:28 pm
UTPe wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:48 pm people have been talking about the death of the game since 2010 and here we still are...so who cares about your stats ? :lol2:
may ut99 live forever ! :rock:
Yeah, very true. It's hard to say UT99 is almost dead given the amount of on-going and recent development work and the continuing interest in that work.
And there has been finally me who has replied to it already:
gargul2 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm
UTPe wrote:people have been talking about the death of the game since 2010
I don't care about it as I am not one of them, I'm talking about 2020, so don't confuse / mix me with them...
UTPe wrote:and here we still are...so who cares about your stats ? :lol2:may ut99 live forever !
"We" = 100-125 players at the peak. wow. sure...
And now here we go again:

There is another person posting the same:
Then there is another person quoting and applauding it:
Hook wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:39 am
DITTO!!! :tu:
And there is finally another person who is replying to it:
Chamberly wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:44 am
There is a bunch of hater that isn't satisfied enough! They need more headshot to experience the real deal! :loool:
It's just what I said:
gargul2 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 pm Meanwhile I'm escaping this thread as more and more fanboys are comforting themselves by repeating "yeah it's still alive" and soon this thread will be hijacked by bunch of UT99 fanboys repeating how the game is pretty alive....so I leave this thread dedicated for UT99 nostalgia.
is really happening, some forum spammers / fanboys have apparently forgotten to change the CDs lolz
Carbon wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:26 am a.k.a. trolling.
Chamberly wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:44 am hater
So far the only such kind of persons are the ones with their repeat-mode CD, as above.

Nope, I love this game, it's one of my favorites games ever, but it's almost unplayable nowadays due to low playerbase mixed with too many aimbotters (and the servers's admins refuse to remove them), so I have nowhere to go, and that means the game is dead / almost dead. I still wish you luck with UT99 and to find populated servers of your gametype, free of aimbotters, no need to attack me personally...
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

gargul2 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm
Nope, I love this game, it's one of my favorites games ever, but it's almost unplayable nowadays due to low playerbase mixed with too many aimbotters (and the servers's admins refuse to remove them), so I have nowhere to go, and that means the game is dead / almost dead. I still wish you luck with UT99 and to find populated servers of your gametype, free of aimbotters, no need to attack me personally...

What game types /servers are you playing that is ruined by botters? Are they running ACE? What server admins aren't doing anything? How do you know? As an admin when we get complaints we investigate and it usually comes back false, and there is no need to discuss further. You sound a little disgruntled lol who hurt you? I'm j/k Seriously though I would like to know how we as a community can make your days better in UT99 and keep it alive.
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

Every not-a-noob knows that:
- there are several public bad servers in UT99, and they unfortunately are the ones which are the most populated nowadays...
- these bad server are running ACE, but it's easily bypassed by the newest UT99 premium cheats...
- these bad servers are full of botters and bad guys doing much shit, disturbing and ruining games
- and the bad admins don't ban botters / bad guys nor they reply to emails, they just enjoy hosting trash servers,
- and stupid crap players rarely use a kick-vote feature to remove botters / bad guys from a game, actually in 9 out of 10 cases players use a kick-vote feature to kick / hate / troll / harass other fair players for no reason,
- there is also many winning team switchers / losers, team unbalance switchers, chat insulting / trolling / spamming,
- such servers are almost unplayable
RocketJedi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm As an admin when we get complaints we investigate and it usually comes back false, and there is no need to discuss further.
That's great, perhaps on your well-maintentained server everything is great like in your dreams, but the reality is that's not the case with many public servers I've just mentioned, they are full of shit, and your single case won't change the fact UT99 is filled with bad servers full of botters, bad guys and crap admins. Perhaps you live on a moon...or are limited to playing on your dream server.
RocketJedi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm who hurt you?
Your father...lolz just kidding, serioulsy I've explained above already, enjoy reading...
RocketJedi wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:47 pm You sound a little disgruntled lol
Nope, nor angry, rather just discussing about some facts about current UT99 status, rather it's you who sounds like trying to make me looking like that.
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

we play simply because we have fun and that's all. so what's the problem ?
"discussing" about what ? do you really think we don't know that the golden age of ut99 is over by time ? yes, it is but we love this game and this community anyway so we will keep on playing.
I don't get the point about losing your precious time on this forum trying to explain things we see everyday and know by much time.
as Carbon pointed out above, it seems a smart guy came in to announce that water is wet. nice find...well, next ? sun is hot ? :lol2:

PS:
I'm not a fanatic/funboy of ut99. I'm a GREAT fanatic/fanboy of ut99 :highfive:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
Dizzy
Experienced
Personal rank: Oaf

Post by Dizzy »

Meh. We're still developing our UT BunnyTrack servers and some of the best and highest quality BT maps have been released in recent months. I dunno how many times I've seen people say "UT is dead". Maybe if people actually played or put effort into creating content instead of complaining?
Join the BunnyTrack.net Discord chat server: https://www.bunnytrack.net/discord
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

The amount of good players i see being accused of AimBotting is phenomenal. unfortunately due to the well drying up there are only what appears to be "Better than Average" players left in the pool.
once these gurus make their presence known on a server immediately all mediocre players start crying.. this leads to alot of false accusations and in some cases the eviction of very good players.
unfortunately 20 year veterans have no real place (server) to call home. Yet they are the ones keeping the game alive and on the flip side killing it also.

sad.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

@UTPe

Unlike lucky you I have nowhere to play UT99 anymore, hence I decided to discuss why I have nowhere to play.
It's always worth to discuss about anything related to UT99, because there always someone will add / bring something interesting to discussion.
Don't worry about my precious time, since I have nowhere to play UT99 anymore, I have more time to discuss why I have nowhere to play UT99 anymore.
If you still don't like it, you can always switch to a different thread to not lose your precious time.
Oh, I wish you much luck with playing UT99...

@Dizzy

I wish you luck with your developing, unfortunately I don't play BT.
As for playing instead of complaining, unable to do, read my reply to UTPe above...
also I'm just discussing / replying, and not "complaining", I see some others who are actually complaining much and aiming me personally instead of discussing in a more civilized neutral way...

@Que

Yes, there are many noobs acussing good players of AimBottting, but as for me, I'm not one of them, because I'm a good player and I know when someone is botting.
The amount of real aimbotters is phenomenal as well, and if you call any of them an aimbotter, they will lie and say they are just good players and that you are a noob acussing them of AimBotting...they are (the aimbotters) the ones ruining the game.
hee
Experienced

Post by hee »

This is an interesting point. Not so much related to other games, but what about UT2004? I played 2004 and I liked some of the vehicles, but it did not seem as "crisp" as UT99. I downloaded the analogy and set up a home network to play the game. We have had up to six players with members of the family. (I used to rule, but my son now kicks everyone's ass). But the question remains. Where does UT99 relate in the big picture? I guess as long as people want to play it, it will still survive. The game still has some of the essential ingredients to a good first person shooter game, with good bot support. The only problem is that it competes against a lot of games that frankly are actually are not as good.....but who knows about it.
gargul2
Average

Re: Some statistics

Post by gargul2 »

OK, I've changed the title, as I've realised that it has been too offensive :oops:
Long live UT99 ! As there is no other game in the universe like UT99!
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: Some statistics

Post by UTPe »

gargul2 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:57 am Long live UT99 ! As there is no other game in the universe like UT99!
well said :thuup:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Dizzy wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:02 pm Meh. We're still developing our UT BunnyTrack servers and some of the best and highest quality BT maps have been released in recent months. I dunno how many times I've seen people say "UT is dead". Maybe if people actually played or put effort into creating content instead of complaining?
any links for said BT maps? :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB