◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: <||> Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release <||>

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

There should be an option also to disable the redirect and have a normal speed download package from the server instead of the slow capped one. Unreal has a reasonable download speed but UT was made in mind with optimization of the time, so there should be the download cap removed or let it be controlled by the server admin....
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release ◄►

Post by sektor2111 »

It's implemented and even configurable in 469... and XC_Engine for old servers has already something to say here... I did some tests, it works but messages are FAKE... My server never sent any UZ file directly as some XC version was reporting... nope, these networking problems should be tested and logged because they are serious not some kiddie joke. If admin has disabled by accident anything, client should see log - maybe admin will test stuff as client and should see a valid reason for not having file:
- unaccepted direct download from server (plain stupid now days)
- wrong file in redirect
- missing file in redirect
- forbidden access at redirect
- redirect server has an error - download unavailable
- redirect domain doesn't exist
You won't play here then because files are missing and no download source is available. If file is compatible but of course different in size due to another generation THIS IS NOT A REJECT reason at all, Player playing with 436 can play in 440 451 469 servers, there is no reason to reject generations.
Words as GUID exist in client logs so rejecting from client side doesn't make any sense. When client had old file cached and server had newer conformed file, he could join properly so this new 469 deal is going nowhere.
Sample of client:

Code: Select all

DevNet: PendingLevel received: CHALLENGE VER=436 CHALLENGE=1412276916 STATS=0
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=1B11117747781B229FD2418FE21EA207 PKG=DM-LP-Oleum FLAGS=1 SIZE=4698096 GEN=1 FNAME=DM-LP-Oleum.unr
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=D18A7B9211D38F04100067B9F6F8975A PKG=Engine FLAGS=1 SIZE=1165783 GEN=20 FNAME=Engine.u
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=4770B88411D38E3E100067B9F6F8975A PKG=Core FLAGS=1 SIZE=59791 GEN=12 FNAME=Core.u
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=1C69657611D38F44100067B9F6F8975A PKG=Botpack FLAGS=1 SIZE=39041454 GEN=15 FNAME=Botpack.u
DevNet: PendingLevel received: USES GUID=4770B88C11D38E3E100067B9F6F8975A PKG=UnrealShare FLAGS=1 SIZE=22174208 GEN=2 FNAME=UnrealShare.u
We can see GUID PKG FLAGS SIZE GEN FNAME = File name lol
These are sent by server not by my grandma (which is dead) because I see word "received" and not "created", all list is delivered by server and files should be decompressed after download and a join to server should not do anything if all are matching game parameters. Client after downloading file from redirect can see the GUID after decompressing file and if it's different from what server has pointed. If both server and client have an exact GUID match, files-size mismatch error is just a nonsense. Anti-cheat should have the word here for various "modifications".
When GUID is matching, PKG, FName are matching then what exactly is the problem for rejection ?
Let me see, changing protocols without checking well ALL FACTORS will return EMPTY servers.

I was intended to drop in redirect a conformed old crusher file RelicsBindings.u.uz capable to be decompressed by client out of crashing, but... this way won't work and neither helping with anything. Of course, I think everyone has a sort of GOTY version so probably nobody needs it.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: <||> Unreal Tournament v469a Patch Release <||>

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

But I heard from someone who tested this that the server doesn't send the non-uz files at faster speed, that its slow as snail as it used to be on UT before. This is outside of the redirect issue.
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

I've just wanted to inform you that ShitHub (I don't even call it GitHub) where for ex. UT99 patch 469 and some more UT related mods as well are being developed, is very bad and toxic place for hosting anything, because ShitHub is known for agressiviely banning users's accounts for no reason / or for no real reason, they do it all the time over years, just read:
- https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23832437
- https://github.community/t/my-account-is-flagged/282

They've right now banned my gargul2 account, it returns 404: https://github.com/gargul2
I wouldn't care so much if it just would be a typical ban or they would remove one of my comments, but they deleted all my comments and issues (important bug reports) as well, incudling these which were completely unrelated to whatever reason they wanted to ban me for, along with every comment made by other users, everything is lost, including other's users comments, without any kind of warning, just like pressing a button to detonate the bomb. That's how their pathological and toxic banning system works. It means that one can spent 10 years on ShitHub, create hundreds threads, write thousands comments, make an effort and take the time, help contributing to many projects, create many projects / repos, even pay for the account, and they will just wipe your account along with everything, as you never existed, in a matter of seconds, and then they will ignore your mails nor exlpain the reason. I have internet like 20 years already, I have used many sites but I have never encountered such aggressive and toxic banning system along with removing all unrelated comments and threads from the past, as if they never existed.

All my important bug reports (over 7) including tens of my and other users's comments have been just wiped without any kind of warning nor reason: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues

As far I remember some of my bug reports's titles were
- [win][v469a] XOpenGL performance issues / lags / delays / fps drops both in-game and in the menu - long thread over 25 comments
- [win][v469a] OpenAL Audio / Cluster 3D Audio issues / max volume too quiet even when set at maximum - a medium-long thread 12 comments
- [win][v469a] OpenGL stat fps command font too small + mixed colors, thus unreadable - a medium-long thread: 12 comments,
- [win][v469a] XOpenGL mouse cursor red atrifact while opening voice menu in-game
- [win][v469a] software rendering window mode Aero gltich

I'll try to remember more with time...(I'll edit the post)

ShitHub and Shitbook (Facebook) are examples of websites known for doing such extremely toxic political censorship / banning along with completely erasing user generated content, even if the content is completely unrelated to reason of the ban and was posted 10 years ago, without any kind of respect to the user hard work. Toxic people made ShitHub, toxic people maintain ShitHub. Due to such toxic erase of all my issues (bug reports) and comments and other users's comments as well, now UT99 patch 469 is going to experience some troubles with getting all bugs fixed. You can thank ShitHub, the place devs have choosen as a UT99 bug tracker. ShitHub has a monopoly and they don't care about anyone. ShitHub should not be promoted, it should be abandoned as fast as possible.
Last edited by gargul2 on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I was a bit reserved with that Hub thing - I have my feelings...
However... if we all are looking around I think here is the biggest interest for UT'99 and generally UE1 specific assets (excepting... exceptions), whatever fixes are needed in UT, I'm not sure if they should be moved elsewhere just like that. Here are tens and hundred of posts self-explanatory about a mountain of bugs, and miss-behaving assets. Why would copy-paste all of them elsewhere redundantly ?
Of course, there are some people trashing topics and I don't see admins maintaining TOPIC clean of human and personal debates as long as UT debates are in first place... All needs as priority are FIXES and then... a few bonuses for being used as packages. But... I see a big interest only for "BIG Machines" which will make this patch capable to get rid of some people or making them to ignore it - I'm not sure if this is on purpose. Anyway... I'm looking here from time to time...

GitHub... eh, a few minutes ago I was looking at Higor's assets planed for Editor... for v469a... nope, all audio coming with this thing doesn't even starts for me and Galaxy ("use as fallback") is a plain NO way even is the only one working. 400 432 436 440 451 451b - ALL of them worked for me and then, when I cannot even run game properly I guess I'm not capable to deliver more feed-back and bugs reporting if the thing it's a plain crusher. As result my presence there has NO meaning, during this time I can setup more "cleanups" in crapped maps from 2003-2008 recovering the game. If it's a competition in how to get over engine boundaries for some "testing" I think I'm getting tired of these "tests" and I'm out of stage... because I think some people have started confusing UE1 with UE4...
We do have polygons issues, maxpoints issues, lights issues, pathing issues... in fact... it's about people's issues which are not understanding something self-explanatory UT 1999 - exactly 99, it's not '20...
I think first problem to solve would be COMPILER itself and then UT... For me, on a Laptop with Win10 I could run this UT for my daughter. It worked as it was - OLD UT'99. I just needed sanity checks and not adds...
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

Code: Select all

Log: AttemptFullscreen
Log: Initializing D3D9Drv...
Log: Enter SetRes()
Log: D3D adapter driver      : nvldumd.dll
Log: D3D adapter description : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Log: D3D adapter id          : 0x10DE:0x2182
Init: Depth bits: 24
Log: 8 Texture Mapping Units found
Log: Trying to use S3TC extension.
Log: MinLogTextureSize = 2
Log: MaxLogTextureSize = 14
Log: UseDetailAlpha = 1
Log: Forged object: got UBersHealthPack DM-CampersParadise.UBersHealthPack57, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Log: Forged object: got UBersHealthPack DM-CampersParadise.UBersHealthPack76, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Log: Forged object: got UBersHealthPack DM-CampersParadise.UBersHealthPack79, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Log: Forged object: got UBersHealthPack DM-CampersParadise.UBersHealthPack26, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Log: Forged object: got ProZXSniper DM-CampersParadise.ProZXSniper16, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Log: Forged object: got TFemale1Bot DM-CampersParadise.TFemale1Bot8, expecting Class Engine.Sound
Critical: HandleStream
Critical: UActorChannel::ReceivedBunch
Critical: (Actor None)
Critical: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch
Critical: Direct
Critical: UChannel::ReceivedRawBunch
Critical: DispatchDataToChannel
Critical: BunchData
Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedPacket
Critical: UNetConnection::ReceivedRawPacket
Critical: UTcpNetDriver::TickDispatch
Critical: UpdatePreNet
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=3)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Cluster shut down after error.
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UD3D9RenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 10/19/20 10:38:31
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
ixion

Post by ixion »

Are there any known issues regarding OldSkool/Single Player mods and save games in the linux 469a client?

I can start all of the linux-supported single player mods fine and they're all playing great. I can quick save or save through the menu, but 469a is always crashing when I try to load the save games. It may just be my install since I unpacked 469a over a heavily modified (and probably close to 20 year old) install folder. If this isn't an issue that has been reported (or has been tested and verified to work for others) I'll try it over a fresh steam install folder and see if that problem exists for me there as well.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

@RocketJedi
Those are packages conformed but not compatible due to a new structure, different adds... I know such errors. See what's happening at random when 451 player wants a 436 server...
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

ixion wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:57 pm Are there any known issues regarding OldSkool/Single Player mods and save games in the linux 469a client?
I'm not sure whether it's related / similiar to your issue but I've found a save bug report:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/108
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't know at this moment what else was "implemented" with regard to BSP and geometry generally.
Let me see I was looking for movers here - using ISA - so everything should be reported - definitely map has ZERO movers.
MoverStuff_0.PNG
After a rebuild due to some Non-Colliding wall problem, I got this warning:
MoverStuff_1.PNG
Now I need to know what kind of 32887 Mover Nodes are here... Where did this count came from ?

Hooligans were answering at local radio station:
For the record we are accepting idea about invisible movers in this map, it sounds pretty logic - Map has ZERO Movers, and then it's normal to have them invisible. Definitely something which doesn't exist is invisible as well - LOGIC.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

See this: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/131
gargul2 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:47 pm I'm not sure whether it's related / similiar to your issue but I've found a save bug report:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/108
Not related. "save map in editor" not same as "save game".
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Maybe Yes, or maybe Not.
Man, look very well what is there. I'm not talking about a wrong count, this is a FAKE count, it's counting ZERO things. Here map doesn't have any movers. Pink lines are PATHS not brushes. My finder written in MapGarbage is different because I know how to find using Editor menu, it's why MapGarbage uses <ISA> in order to find all sub-classes - zoneinfo and custom ones, decorations from all sorts and so on.
Here is nothing like a mover but... surfaces out of collision are a lot, due to the sh!t-mapping "level of mapping" practiced here to not call things different.
That Vortex map has Movers, this one doesn't have any. What anything else implemented has a similar operation mode ? This is goofing all day long...
In end, it saved map, but map... is not a map and it wasn't a map neither before, lol. A few checks in MapGarbage have revealed the "jewel". 64 players described in LevelInfo and all cheap stories for slow minded admins...

Edit: Ah... yeah I'll log things properly, writing what exactly was searched not only zero results if nothing has been found. But this is another subject.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Can someone please indicate what the colours of the bot paths in the 469 Editor mean?

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:19 pm In end, it saved map, but map... is not a map and it wasn't a map neither before, lol. A few checks in MapGarbage have revealed the "jewel".
Not that it is that important but that map is based on a Jungle Warfare map (JWF-FIrebase) which had only one base (no weapons or pickups) - the CTF map was 'done' by Kaal, duplicating the original by copying and pasting it - so much of the pathing plus all of the inventory/pickups/vehicles were added by him (as well as the embedded random weapon mutator and the teleporter links).

Aside from any other deficiencies, having the flagbases in the garages reduces the usefulness of the two main buildings as players have no real purpose to go in them other than to use them as a defensive position; attackers certainly don't need to go in them - it would have been better for the flags to be in the main building, perhaps even on the roof?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Topic is about 469a - what this software does it's reporting FAKE nodes - None Nodes, "map" is just demonstrating this. Yes, Kaal has ruined the 469a party, LOL. No worries I do not have more plans here... I was asked to drop an eye around and these were a few results. To not mention entertaining slant bug which DevPath does which I'll introduce later and how to fix it. Not here, topic should stay "nice".
OjitroC wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:12 pm Can someone please indicate what the colours of the bot paths in the 469 Editor mean?
If nobody explained these anywhere let me share my deductions - I might be wrong:
Green Light - Valid MonsterPaths BotPaths using Walking as reachFlags;
Green Dark - "Thin" Paths - Bots are main candidates here;
Yellow Light - MonsterPaths and BotPaths having Jump requirements;
Yellow Dark - "Thin" Paths - described above - Jumping is required;
Blue Light - Paths through water - these requires swimming capability;
Blue Dark - Do they exist ? I haven't seen these yet, just deducting based on above colors;
Red Light - It looks like these are AERIAL paths requiring flight capability;
Red Dark - Do they exist ? Assuming that "Dark" means more thin paths.
Pink - Are these special paths for creatures having BRAINS_Human ? Human, Bot, Skaarj etc. ?

Did I miss any color ? Open desired map in 436 and compare... the picture...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 pm Pink - Are these special paths for creatures having BRAINS_Human ? Human, Bot, Skaarj etc. ?
It seems to me that Pink paths connect LiftExits and JumpSpots - but that's just looking at one map.

Some paths turn white when right clicking a pathnode and, in other cases, just white directional arrows appear - what does that mean?

It would be an idea to include a key to path colours in the documentation for the 469 patch.