UT99.org EpicTown ShowDown - Get-Together Of The Century!

Discussions about Events and Tournaments
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: UT99.org EpicTown ShowDown - Get-Together Of The Century!

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:09 pm Got a basic edit done... map has:
· 4 UTDMT, 1 to each tunnel. I removed the BlockAll barriers so while they can't leave the tunnels they can throw boulders at players.
Given the need to reduce the 'load' in this map for online play, are the UTDMTitans in the tunnels necessary or useful? The tunnels are at the margins of the map and players don't really need to go anywhere near them so the Titans are not likely be that much involved in the flow of play.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

And Trains are not killing too many other Pawns but... Players are under attack...

Paths Testing in Human format did not show any 1000 paths limitation so far but I did not push things harder - anyway... I'm aiming a lower number as possible, I'm not sure if I can touch 2800 but something else and cleaned all extra junks will deliver a more educated DevPath using Plain UT 436 440 and even 451.

Impossible Way-Up routes I think can be simplified... Titan from that area is deleted - Default Servers won't allow monsters and these can be part of what a SERVER says as admin's voice. More enhanced servers can adjust paths using XC_Actors and newer assets, here is needed some extra-edititing work for plain servers and/or NewNet - but... it can be done... it's just time consuming.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:37 pm ...Titan from that area is deleted - Default Servers won't allow monsters and these can be part of what a SERVER says as admin's voice ...
What!! Deleted the Titan!!! :P

I've no idea but presumably on a server that doesn't allow monsters it simply wouldn't appear? What about those servers that do allow monsters - if it's not there, they can't allow it?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:23 pm if it's not there, they can't allow it?
They can allow anything added/adjusted later as I did with Doors from Niven. Monday can be a Queen, Thursday can be Warlord and Friday can a Titan or whatever. In the other days you can have gooses from WS_AnimalPack whatever - this is technically what admin can manage as dedicated stuff for his server if he/she wants any such tweaks - including to remove Bot Support on Sundays Evenings or when number of players is 10+ and Bots it's not a need to be extremely brutalized - or Bot Support can be toggled at each 3 minutes - roaming and not roaming from time to time.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:30 am
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 pmIt's in BN4. Sometimes a Nali, sometimes a Cow, but only with the Hammer. And when it dies it goes le big boom.
No, well there may be another version of it for that but i was talking a standalone mutator. Forget what it's called...
Nono, I meani n this case it was part of BN4. It's not a standalone mutator; while there probably is one that does that, it's not loaded in the server either.
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 pmI mean in multiplayer, silly!
So did I.
But it didn't work. The bots SEEM like they teleport at first, but they shortly reappear in the place they were supposed to have just left, and they get stuck....forever, or until they are disturbed, whichever happens first.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Gustavo6046 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:45 pm
Gustavo6046 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 pmI mean in multiplayer, silly!
So did I.
But it didn't work. The bots SEEM like they teleport at first, but they shortly reappear in the place they were supposed to have just left, and they get stuck....forever, or until they are disturbed, whichever happens first.
I think EG took multiplayer to mean playing with bots and scriptedpawns, whereas you used it to mean playing online.

As you may have noted, sektor stated earlier in the thread that the teleporters in the map won't work with NewNet. Perhaps it's not that surprising that EpicTownv2A doesn't work online as FNB indicated that it wasn't intended to do so? Not, of course, that I would not hope that a version that does work can be produced so that a wider audience may enjoy playing it.

In relation to bots stuck in teleporters, sektor has a mutator that gives them a shock so that they move from the teleporter - I don't know if that would be of use in the situation you describe.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:37 pmTitan from that area is deleted
Murderer!
OjitroC wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:33 pmI think EG took multiplayer to mean playing with bots and scriptedpawns
...maybe.
OjitroC wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:13 amGiven the need to reduce the 'load' in this map for online play, are the UTDMTitans in the tunnels necessary or useful?
Necessary? No.

Useful? Kinda.

There's no need to go close to the tunnels, other than weapon pickups which are positioned in front of each one. But the UTDMT will attack anything within their field of view and they can throw their boulders across several city blocks.

Ergo, they keep you on your toes.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

How to get to the Secret Christmas room... for anyone who hadn't figured it out yet.
Attachments
Shot0000.png
Shot0002.png
Shot0007.png
Shot0018.png
Shot0025.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So ?
THERE IS a PlayerStart around, and if you go to get that Flak after spawn, you can simply fall inside room.
NotAProblem.png
It's not like people cannot see map in Editor :loool: . In my edit Bot spawned there it's always moving at Flak and falling inside that room for getting redeemer and then moving out through a Teleporter - because there are NORMAL PATHS there and not what plan UT's Editor does, and I'm aiming to be back inside Engine boundaries and having navigation operational.

All right... there are currently in some edited version 3300 reachspecs - still spamming 1000 paths limitation but not extremely aggressive. I think I need to get rid of paths through several items being in line with others that can be picked up out of navigation relations - kidnapping items. Next moves means deleting long deadly jumps and "rat-hole" paths (if they still exist). Then... perhaps ONE simple version can be checked by curious people. For NewNet's stupid jerks Teleporter codes it will be needed more manual work and... adding a few "entries" - here is needed a lot of cleanup because there are 46 Teleporters (custom, of course, not Epic) that need to be adjusted (with paths over them) for being compatible with NewNet...

In other hand, if I won't be able to move under 1000 Paths, I'll cut nodes which were recommended more often in ramps as long as these are mainly myths, we need paths in ramps not nodes with useless reachSpecs data.
AlternateSolution.PNG
Else these are generating new jumps out of too much logic. If Bot wants to move at Teleporter there are paths on the ground, it won't need to go in ramp for jumping down, he can move where wants using the shortest road.

EDIT: TDM known as TeamGamePlus - TeamCannons are NOT GOING to be only in "MyTeam 0" :pfff: .
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pmif you go to get that Flak after spawn, you can simply fall inside room.
The trick is getting it without falling in.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:32 pm
sektor2111 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:11 pmif you go to get that Flak after spawn, you can simply fall inside room.
The trick is getting it without falling in.
It doesn't matter much if one does fall in if there is no Titan there, plus if you don't fall in you don't get the redeemer :P
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I can do such "trick" (Bot in Stage) but I find it dumb - What for ? Priority is making pathing devs perfectly operational and then it's all about "management" at game-play level not really mapping...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:54 pmif one does fall in if there is no Titan there, plus if you don't fall in you don't get the redeemer
Well, no...
· There are 3 redeemers on the map
· That is where the Stone Titan is
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:18 am
OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:54 pmif one does fall in if there is no Titan there, plus if you don't fall in you don't get the redeemer
Well, no...
· There are 3 redeemers on the map
· That is where the Stone Titan is
I was referring to sektor's upcoming pathed and net-compatible version - you don't need to avoid falling into the 'Christmas' room as there is no StoneTitan in it to cause you damage and, if you don't fall in, you don't get the redeemer that is in the room. So there is an advantage to be gained by deliberately triggering the trapdoors - obtaining the redeemer.

In this version, the purpose of the room becomes a place where there is a redeemer rather than, as in the original version, a surprise trap with a redeemer (well, a surprise trap the first time you fall in, after that the function of the room becomes a place to get a redeemer and fight the Titan should you want the redeemer or a place to avoid if you do not).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:26 amI was referring to sektor's upcoming pathed and net-compatible version
Ah, I see.

I'm hoping when I'm done tinkering with my edit he will simplify it too... but leaving the monsters on it.

Anywho, I long ago replaced the Stone Titan with a Cyberus.
Attachments
Shot0171.png