forsaken.utx file not same filesize :evil:

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
darksonny
Adept

forsaken.utx file not same filesize :evil:

Post by darksonny »

Hi all
Im having problems when I try to find the true forsaken.utx file to play these maps with correct textures loading and avoid the "gray" textures. These are the 3 maps that uses this package:

Forsaken.utx from dm-utwa_06: 348 KB
Forsaken.utx from DM-CaerMerthyr: 2'80 MB
Forsaken.utx from dm_1v1deepwithin: 2'71 MB

You can see none of them load correctly themselves only work when the proper map has his version but not for others. Anybody does have the true forsaken.utx untouched or anybody could try to fix these stupid errors?

I dont understand why the hell author does not create a unique name for this utx file to avoid conflict with same textures from other same file and maps
dm-utwa_06.zip
(1.62 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
DM-CaerMerthyr.zip
(5.36 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
dm_1v1deepwithin.zip
(3.03 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: forsaken.utx file not same filesize :evil:

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, it's a real mess.

I would just point out that the texture name is actually ForsakenT.utx (there are at least three other texture files with 'forsaken' in the name in one form or another).

You can safely use the ForsakenT from CaerMerthyr to run deepwithin as the two texture files are the same except that the one with CaerMerthyr has one additional texture - a moon. This ForsakenT version won't run utwa as the file with the latter has one different texture not in the other ForsakenT texture files.

I have a very large ForsakenT.utx (over 19MB) that combines all the textures from the other versions of ForsakenT except, unfortunately, the moon from the version with CaerMerthyr - it also includes many more nice looking textures. One could just add the moon texture to this but then there would be yet another texture file named ForsakenT.

I can only suggest that you use the ForsakenT version from CaerMerthyr to run that and deepwithin and keep the other version of the texture in a folder off the UT path, swapping it in for the other one when you want to play utwa.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:23 pm Yes, it's a real mess.

I would just point out that the texture name is actually ForsakenT.utx (there are at least three other texture files with 'forsaken' in the name in one form or another).

You can safely use the ForsakenT from CaerMerthyr to run deepwithin as the two texture files are the same except that the one with CaerMerthyr has one additional texture - a moon. This ForsakenT version won't run utwa as the file with the latter has one different texture not in the other ForsakenT texture files.

I have a very large ForsakenT.utx (over 19MB) that combines all the textures from the other versions of ForsakenT except, unfortunately, the moon from the version with CaerMerthyr - it also includes many more nice looking textures. One could just add the moon texture to this but then there would be yet another texture file named ForsakenT.

I can only suggest that you use the ForsakenT version from CaerMerthyr to run that and deepwithin and keep the other version of the texture in a folder off the UT path, swapping it in for the other one when you want to play utwa.
thanks dude, I will try this way, its a tru pity I have to discard the utwa map and take the others two, same story with those matthias dolfinger maps.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:38 pm thanks dude, I will try this way, its a tru pity I have to discard the utwa map and take the others two, same story with those matthias dolfinger maps.
Many apologies - I'm afraid I have misled you.

You can play all three maps with the ForsakenT.utx version from CaerMerthyr. I didn't actually try playing those maps in UT or opening them in UEd but looked at each of the ForsakenT texture packages in UTXGaffer (a texture viewer) - one of the textures in the ForsakenT package with utwa didn't show up correctly and so I assumed that it wasn't in the larger ForsakenT package when I couldn't see it. In UEd the texure shows up properly and can be found in the larger ForsakenT package.

I've now tried all three maps in UT - the screenshots are all correct so the maps can be loaded though I haven't actually played them yet.
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:43 pm
darksonny wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:38 pm thanks dude, I will try this way, its a tru pity I have to discard the utwa map and take the others two, same story with those matthias dolfinger maps.
Many apologies - I'm afraid I have misled you.

You can play all three maps with the ForsakenT.utx version from CaerMerthyr. I didn't actually try playing those maps in UT or opening them in UEd but looked at each of the ForsakenT texture packages in UTXGaffer (a texture viewer) - one of the textures in the ForsakenT package with utwa didn't show up correctly and so I assumed that it wasn't in the larger ForsakenT package when I couldn't see it. In UEd the texure shows up properly and can be found in the larger ForsakenT package.

I've now tried all three maps in UT - the screenshots are all correct so the maps can be loaded though I haven't actually played them yet.
What if I try to play the forsakent.utx with filesize 19mb keeping in mind you told there are all the complete texture packages in it for utwa6 too? Could you pass that file to test it, please?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

darksonny wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:18 pm What if I try to play the forsakent.utx with filesize 19mb keeping in mind you told there are all the complete texture packages in it for utwa6 too? Could you pass that file to test it, please?
Yes, all three of those maps will run with the 19MB ForsakenT texture package - have just tried that. That package comes from The Wheel of TIme and I think that over the years people have used textures from it but not wanted to distribute the whole package because of the file size, and so have created their own smaller versions but not renamed the package as they should have done.

Here it is
ForsakenT.zip
(13.86 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

:rock: :rock: woW this solved the problem! thanks dude! im happy having 3 more maps to my collection! 1344 (only single) maps right now for dm :)