★ MapVoteX112 ★ [UPDATED 11/09/2022]

Search, find and discuss about Mutators!
BassXX
Average

Re: ★ MapVoteX106p ★ [UPDATED 06/12/2020]

Post by BassXX »

Yes the MVX Logo itself, is there a way to disable the drawing on the startup screen? I tried bEnableSplashLogo=False, but it did not change for me.

Moreover, I like giresun’s idea: it would be great if it would be possible to have a random map on gametype change, rather than one fixed map. But since I am no coder, I have no idea about the complexity :P
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Currently there's no way to remove mvx logo will look into it. The random map idea is somewhat implemented via [button] you can also vote for random gametype.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
giresun27
Average
Personal rank: 34

Post by giresun27 »

Que wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:01 am @BassXX
Are you referring to the MVX Logo bottom right?

move those tutorial maps to a sep folder. Just be sure to leave DM-Tutorial in maps folder.

@giresun
not sure we can help with those requests. will discuss with proasm

not sure if this is what you're asking , but are you saying that if you have a custom game type which has only 1 map like say Deck16][ and the gametype is voted for
for the server to automatically load that map and not wait for the user to select it?

secondly youre saying that you have a custom gametype which you would like to set a password for users connecting.. ?? this could be a problem for your users if server is stuck in this gametype and no0ne can get in to change it.
Thats correct thats exactly what I mean, we will have a woot tournament soon and only woot map is needed there it;s easy for voting but now we have to vote gametype and map but the gametype is already named woot tournament and only 1 map is in it.

And because its a tournament mode gametype i wanted to put a password for the people who signed up for the woot tournament.
the other gametype i have is just public with alot of maps.

and yes gamepassword and after the match has ended that it automatically defaults back to the public gametype and title and random gamemaps without password so that people can enter again.
hmm something like if there are no people in the woot tournament that after a while it defaults back to public is something like that possible? autovote?

here;s my server ip 5.200.18.137 you can see how it is configured at the moment.
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

When the tournament starts in your mapvotex.ini set the default gametype to the woottournament Gametype.

Set to false all other gametypes so they can't be voted for.

Set the start map to wootabulous for this gametype.

Now when you start server it will automatically load the woot map.

At the end of the match it will allow a pause before opening and then either players vote woot again or the server will automatically load it as it is the only map in list.

Set a game password temporarily for server during tournament.

Will look into the single map voting scenario.

Aside from that there's not much else we can do.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
giresun27
Average
Personal rank: 34

Post by giresun27 »

Que wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:41 am When the tournament starts in your mapvotex.ini set the default gametype to the woottournament Gametype.

Set to false all other gametypes so they can't be voted for.

Set the start map to wootabulous for this gametype.

Now when you start server it will automatically load the woot map.

At the end of the match it will allow a pause before opening and then either players vote woot again or the server will automatically load it as it is the only map in list.

Set a game password temporarily for server during tournament.

Will look into the single map voting scenario.

Aside from that there's not much else we can do.
Thanks
BassXX
Average

Post by BassXX »

Is there the ability to exclude some maps from gametypes?

For example, in InstaGib CTF I would like to remove 2 maps from my CTF stock maps.

Is there a way to exclude them without duplicating all the CTF Maps in a separate folder?
Que
Inhuman

Post by Que »

yeah theres no exclude filter in MVX , only way to do this is like you say have 2 folders with duplicated maps.. one for NW-CTF and one for IG-CTF
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
BassXX
Average

Post by BassXX »

Hi, any updates on the option to disable the splash logo on the startup screen?
Que
Inhuman

Re: ★ MapVoteX106q ★ [UPDATED 22/12/2020]

Post by Que »

//UPDATED MVX106q//

Code: Select all

Changes to 106q
---------------
Added bDisableMvxLogo to disables the MapVoteX logo.
Added Mvx start text if bDisableMvxLogo=True.
Latest update in first post.
*Join our Discord Here.*
*Our Servers
BassXX
Average

Post by BassXX »

Hey thank you for the updated version.

I have a few questions:

1) Why is the mid-game voting first iniatiated but then cancelled upon a tie?
Wouldn´t it be more convinient to iniate mid-game voting, if the majority of players placed a mid-game vote? In case of a tie, choose a random winner, instead of cancelling?

2) Sometimes it displays clients in the admin login window

3) Is it possible to set priorities? Let´s say 3 Players are online A,B,C.

We are playing DM

A votes for DM-Something
B votes for LMS Gametype
C votes for CTF Gametype

This would cause a tie. For me it would be more convenient, if A wins the vote, since we are already playing DM. B and C would need to overvote A, by giving 2 votes for the same gametype in order to initiate the change.

Is that possible to implement? :P

EDIT: I noticed the Mapvote crashes for 436 Clients upon MapChange. Is there a way to fix that? I know there is 469 out there, but I have the feeling there are a bunch of casual gamers who will not update, because either they don´t know or don´t want to
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

Initially we had all sorts of options for midgame voting but players got the mutters with the vote menu during a game so we made it if its a tie or no vote it just closes.
It seemed to solve the complaints at the time.
The 436 crash we know about and is fixed in 469 and partially fixed in 451.
We sat for months trying to find this problem.
It's the UT engines garbage collection routine that causes this.
One day when I more or less finished with SmartSB, I'l go back to MVX and see if I can find this bug again as I agree, not everyone will switch to 469 client anyway, as the server side of 469 is very nice and very much faster.
BassXX
Average

Post by BassXX »

I also noticed the following:

If you pause the game as admin, you are never able to unpause again.

Because in pause mode, I cannot reopen the MVX Window. The only thing that gets you out of this situation is a server restart
ProAsm
Skilled

Post by ProAsm »

BassXX wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:25 am I also noticed the following:

If you pause the game as admin, you are never able to unpause again.

Because in pause mode, I cannot reopen the MVX Window. The only thing that gets you out of this situation is a server restart
Yes thanks for the reminder, I meant to remove this a long time ago.
When you get stuck, just open the Console and type: Pause and it will unpause you :)
I just set a key in my User.ini
P=Pause
[Remidas]
Personal rank: 7

Post by [Remidas] »

i am trying to use a mapvote on my server running monster hunt, everyone always asks have you put files in the right place, i have read cover to cover of read me file, i ahve put in eaxctly how it should run perfectly fine in any other server but mine is not popping up, but it shows in nexgen that it is in use, i have added maps maual, i ahve used =MH-A* all in sections of list for this to be ABC sorted but nothing is working, i have used more than 15 map votes all same results, i even used mutate bdbmapvote votemenu in console still not work, who ever help me get a running server i will pay them £50 cash transfer as it is annoying me how no one wants to share info i been on here years, on discord years, everywhere possible & server like DU, UM, MHA, Barbie, Public all those said figure it out yourself as so rude so obviously sharing isn't a thing but i will pay who ever helps me but i bet still no one will help me & the people that want to help don't know anything about a server or trying to get a mapvote to work so can anyone help or am I wasting my time like the last 5 years?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Relax a bit with any payment and... it will be much better to share some details about configuration:
- server-start method - platform;
- ini file content used for server;
- ini used by MapVote.
Generally more details are involved and needed or else nobody knows what you have and what you do wrong. I used map-votes these lasts years, some of them more ruined than fixed until I found something suitable and more bugs-free. Else... even MapVoteLA13 can be used in a well polished MH server - that one was my first tool when I did buid my first server.