ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by Rikia »

ONI Konoko F(based on original model name "k4_F") model for Unreal Tournament.

Voice mod made by OjitroC: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14368

Notes:
-Team skins are supported
-Model is playable on servers

Gamebanana link: https://gamebanana.com/skins/186617

Installation:
1. Put "System" and "Textures" folders to your Unreal Tournament directory
2. Add these lines to Unrealtournament.ini file:

Code: Select all

EditPackages=SkeletalChars
EditPackages=ONIKonokoFsrv
Note: You can play with old team skins by replacing texture(.utx) files

Now run the game!

Screenshots:
1.jpg
2.jpg
2.jpg (56.34 KiB) Viewed 919 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 919 times
4.jpg
5.jpg
Model is related to ONI(2001) by Bungie West.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
OLD POST BELOW!!!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Unreal Wiki does not work again for an unknown reason. Did the servers down again, or it is something wrong with it in my region... I don't know.

I made a skin which model and textures I ported from a forgotten game that is going to be 20 year old for soon.
The player skin works perfect, but the bots one is wearing another texture. I don't know, do it wears a message avatar texture or this is a vertex weights renderer.

I tried to change LODSET of message avatar texture but it didn't help. The message avatar also does not display in the messages.

I think that the problem in int files, but my int files are very short, and I don't know any options for them. I would go to the Unreal Wiki for solving this question but it does not work again!

Help me, please UT99 skinmakers!
dffdgfdgfgfg2.png
dffdgfdgfgfg.png
dffdgfdgfgfg333.png
20210120165231_1.jpg
20210120165343_1.jpg
Last edited by Rikia on Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:18 am, edited 17 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Why do Bots with my custom model get a weird texture

Post by OjitroC »

That's a cool looking model :tu:

Perhaps you need to post the .int file(s) and possibly the model/textures, as there's nothing really to go on at the moment to determine where the problem is.
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:07 pm That's a cool looking model :tu:

Perhaps you need to post the .int file(s) and possibly the model/textures, as there's nothing really to go on at the moment to determine where the problem is.
KonokoFSkins.int
(162 Bytes) Downloaded 18 times
ONIKonokoF.int
(299 Bytes) Downloaded 17 times
:facepalm: uh, now it seems like that there is a missing line......

EDIT: Renaming the message face texture name to like that is written in int file solved the problem with message avatar.
20210120183620_1.jpg
Last edited by Rikia on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

forgotten game that is going to be 20 year old for soon.
not a forgotten game. I remember. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oni_(video_game)
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:07 pm That's a cool looking model :tu:

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=ONIKonokoF.ONIKonokoFBot,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.Bot,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Object=(Name=ONIKonokoF.ONIKonokoF,Class=Class,MetaClass=BotPack.TournamentPlayer,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Object=(Name=ONIKonokoF.ONIKonokoF,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF0,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Object=(Name=KonokoFSkins.KonF2Face,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")
Hovewer, bots are still weird after adding/changing some lines.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Both int files look OK though I don't think you need the "Object=(Name=ONIKonokoF.ONIKonokoF,Class=Texture,Description="ONI KonokoF")" line.

Presumably the texture/skin file has one skin and one talk texture? And the skin is named "KonF0"? Normally this should be named KonF1 - it works OK for the Player but perhaps presents a problem for the bot if named with a 0 (though I see there are one or two other models that use 0 in the skin name so possibly not an issue).

After trying and failing to assign the skin in the Selection Window, is there anything in the log which indicates why the skin can't be found?

Skins usually have a PB flag, do yours?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:17 pm And the skin is named "KonF0"? Normally this should be named KonF1 - it works OK for the Player but perhaps presents a problem for the bot if named with a 0 (though I see there are one or two other models that use 0 in the skin name so possibly not an issue).
20210120204345_1.jpg
Adding a same texture named "KonF1" to utx package solved the problem with bots.
My player model is only able to read texture named "KonF", while the line in int file is named "KonF0". Trying to change it makes player texture weird as bot's one back then. I think there is no point to change these lines for now.
Everything seems okay.

Thank you very much!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:44 pm Adding a same texture named "KonF1" to utx package solved the problem with bots.
That's good.

Just to note that there isn't a download link in the first post or are you going to add that later? Thanks for making the model available - looks good.

The voice can be altered by manually editing the User.ini (for the player and for the bot if it is one of the 32 in that ini).
asosed
Adept

Re: ONI Konoko F Model for Unreal Tournament

Post by asosed »

Rikia, great skin. I want to use it on the server. Is it possible to add team colors?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 pm
Rikia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:44 pm Adding a same texture named "KonF1" to utx package solved the problem with bots.
That's good.

Just to note that there isn't a download link in the first post or are you going to add that later? Thanks for making the model available - looks good.
Wait, the link that I put - does not work?
I'm able to download the skin in the incognito mode, but is there is something wrong?
asosed wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:01 pm Rikia, great skin. I want to use it on the server. Is it possible to add team colors?
You can do everything what you want, just don't forget to put my nickname in credits)
asosed
Adept

Post by asosed »

You can do everything what you want, just don't forget to put my nickname in credits)
Sorry. You misunderstood me :) Can you make the team colors for this skin?
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:53 pm
I'm sorry, but I did not plan to make team colors support for it. I just placed the info about them in notes.
And it's hard for me to take the requests and keep them to be finished.
OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 pm
My friend checked the link and it works.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 pm My friend checked the link and it works.
Yes, sorry about that - my fault - I block javascript and just saw a big space where the link is - I've now 'allowed' Google, etc and the link works fine - thanks. :tu:
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

asosed wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:53 pm
I just thought at morning and found the idea with team skins more important and interesting for me than changing sound scripts.
OjitroC wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Rikia wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:06 pm My friend checked the link and it works.
Yes, sorry about that - my fault - I block javascript and just saw a big space where the link is - I've now 'allowed' Google, etc and the link works fine - thanks. :tu:
Is there a way to make team color support by adding some lines to int files without recompiling the model again?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:35 am Is there a way to make team color support by adding some lines to int files without recompiling the model again?
In short, no - but you don't need to recompile the model you need to alter the utx file.

In essence, you need four more skins in that file, each with one of the four team colours - you don't need to recolour the whole skin but add the team colours to an easily seen part of the skin - so you could put team colour stripes on the trousers or do the top she's wearing under her jacket in a team colour or anything else that you think is appropriate.

Once you've done that you will need to include the additional lines referring to the team colours in the skin's int file.

You can alter the male sounds to female sounds in the .u file by manual editing in UEd.