Disabling texture filtering?

Discussions about UT99
Novaeon
Average

Disabling texture filtering?

Post by Novaeon »

I was wondering if there is any console command, or .ini line that can be added to disable texture filtering for textures alone (not including lightmaps)? I am aware of the NoFiltering line that can be set to true in UnrealTournament.ini, but it also applies to lightmaps, which I think looks bad. I like the sharper look of the textures when there's no filtering though, hence the question.

Thanks!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: Disabling texture filtering?

Post by Gustavo6046 »

I have been looking for this lately as well, although so far my search has been sadly fruitless. Looking at UnrealEd's Advanced Options might offer better insight, though.

OpenGLDrv?
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
sn260591
Average

Post by sn260591 »

Code: Select all

set texture bnosmooth 1
set actor bnosmooth 1
Novaeon
Average

Post by Novaeon »

sn260591 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:19 am

Code: Select all

set texture bnosmooth 1
set actor bnosmooth 1
Excellent! Thank you!
Do you know if it is possible to launch UT with these commands enabled?