UT99 skins

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilWIZARD
Novice

UT99 skins

Post by EvilWIZARD »

Hi people , :???:
I was wondering if you can edit a previous custom skin that was made ? All i can find is the int and the utx files but i cant seem to figure how to open them to edit in utsm
any help would be great. in other words i made some skins years ago and want to refresh them thanks.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: UT99 skins

Post by OjitroC »

EvilWIZARD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:34 am Hi people , :???:
I was wondering if you can edit a previous custom skin that was made ? All i can find is the int and the utx files but i cant seem to figure how to open them to edit in utsm
any help would be great. in other words i made some skins years ago and want to refresh them thanks.
Hi!

Yes you can edit a custom skin you have made - you don't need to use UT Skin Maker but if you want to, check out this thread 13&t=4487 and you can also search the forum for other information on editing skins using keywords or just look through the topics in the Skin Discussion.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

I edit skins using UnrealEd for the .utx and Windows Notepad for the .int, plus ThumbsPlus for graphic conversions and Microsoft Paint.

Basically, you can use all sorts of things to edit skins.

What skin are you looking to edit?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilWIZARD
Novice

Post by EvilWIZARD »

Thanks for the reply's i am trying to edit a solder skin i made years ago , I tried to open it in UED2.0 but nothing shows up at the top is shows its there but i got no preview
also tried to open it in utsm and i cant find my skin it wants skmm file all i got is utx and int. thanks for the help.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilWIZARD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 pm Thanks for the reply's i am trying to edit a solder skin i made years ago , I tried to open it in UED2.0 but nothing shows up at the top is shows its there but i got no preview
So you open UEd, go to the TextureBrowser, open your utx and nothing shows up in the browser window?

That's odd - presumably the file size of the utx indicates that it has content? Don't know what to suggest really - you could post a screenshot of the file open in the TextureBrowser. Alternatively you could PM the file to someone to have a look at.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Attach the files to this post, let me take a look at it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:15 pm Attach the files to this post, let me take a look at it.
Perhaps the OP doesn't want to 'publish' his original skin (if it's posted here then it will be distributed) - which is why I suggested a PM.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

when nothing shows up after opening the utx in the editor, open the texture-browser and hit that little "All" button.
Tell us what you see.
EvilWIZARD
Novice

Post by EvilWIZARD »

Thanks for the quick responses and help I did get the utx file to open and also exported them to a bmp file (should I use bmp?) Now I just got to get a program to edit them
any suggestions on a good free program ? I tried to open them in 3d paint with windows 10 but it just hangs on (opening file) thanks again
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

EvilWIZARD wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:33 pmThanks for the quick responses and help I did get the utx file to open and also exported them to a bmp file (should I use bmp?)
.png is a better format than .bmp for this kinda thing.