NaliModLights for reflexive rifle

Need some nice Mods? Here, you are right!
plontotra44
Novice

NaliModLights for reflexive rifle

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi. :rock:
I am a junior admin for a friends server.
https://www.gametracker.com/server_i....172.227:7777/

We use nw3,but not all elements.
One of the most popular elements are the nali modifier lights,that are used in conjunction with the green reflexive gun.
For some strange reason after the server managers removed an anti cheat mod,there are way less of these mod lights seen on a lot of maps.
Could this,the removal of the anti cheat mod be the reason for it? :???:
The nw3 extras config looks the same as the servers does.
Any idea how to get the mod lights properly back?
Thanks in advance. :gj:

You can see an orange and yellow nalimod light,and the scope of the reflexive gun.The orange light makes the gun shoot faster.
Image Image
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: NaliModLights for reflexive rifle

Post by OjitroC »

Have you tried increasing these values in the NWExtrasCfg.ini? Particularly the second one, I would think.

PlayerSpawnsModifiersDensity [internal server float, default=0.350000]
- Odds on the appearance of modifiers near player spawns (from 0.0 to 1.0).

LevelModifiersDensity [internal server float, default=0.100000]
- Odds on the appearance of modifiers in the whole map/level (and pathnode points).
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

I just edited the NWExtras.cfg file here...
The level mod..density changed from 0.1 to 0.2

[NWModifiersVIII.ModifMut]
PlayerSpawnsModifiersDensity=0.350000
LevelModifiersDensity=0.200000
bUniqueSequence=True

There was a bit of an increase in the nalimod lights,but i dont want them all over the place,so i,ll keep going higher,and get back you to.
Thankyou :)

=MERGED=

The lack of nali modlights seems to be affecting 3 maps.
The default map for the server is GetawayCabin.Its the map the server goes to after it is restarted.Dont think i can remove it.
2 others are also affected...DM-ASC Livingroom,and DM-SUF Criterion.They have been removed,and after i edit the nw..cfg file ,i will put those 2 maps back in,and restart the server again.

Here is what the nw3extras cfg file looks like now
[NWModifiersVIII.ModifMut]
PlayerSpawnsModifiersDensity=0.360000
LevelModifiersDensity=0.300000
bUniqueSequence=True

I tried increasing the levelmod density figure to 0.5 but too many lights...same for 0.4,but 0.3 seems ok for all except the 3 maps i mention.
Thankyou :)
Last edited by papercoffee on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Those are spawned throughout the map using PathNodes.

Meaning the more PathNodes a map has, the more of those "modlights" (modifiers) will be spawned, for the same configured density.
That is to say that how many of them are spawned is highly map-dependent as well, as you have seen.

If those 3 maps are spawning less, it means that they have less PathNodes in them, so in those cases you either try a middle value in the configuration itself (if 0.3 is too little, and 0.4 too much, then maybe go with 0.35, or anything in between), but if the differences are still too great, then one last resort is to edit those maps yourself and just add some pathnodes around in them, up to the point where you're satisfied with the result (just make sure to save the maps under different names, to not cause mismatches with older clients).

As for anti-cheats affecting this, if the server has any additional mod (anti-cheat or any other) that spawns extra PathNodes in it, then NW3 may pick that up and spawn more modifiers as a result, which could explain what you have seen.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

plontotra44 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:27 am...
Please avoid double posts within a 24 hours limit next time ...we allow our member to edit their posts to add new content.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

Hi.
Somehow two identical posts were posted at the same time. :confused2:
When I saw two of them,i tried to edit,and remove the second identical post.

=MERGED=
Feralidragon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:07 pm Those are spawned throughout the map using PathNodes.

Meaning the more PathNodes a map has, the more of those "modlights" (modifiers) will be spawned, for the same configured density.
That is to say that how many of them are spawned is highly map-dependent as well, as you have seen.

If those 3 maps are spawning less, it means that they have less PathNodes in them, so in those cases you either try a middle value in the configuration itself (if 0.3 is too little, and 0.4 too much, then maybe go with 0.35, or anything in between), but if the differences are still too great, then one last resort is to edit those maps yourself and just add some pathnodes around in them, up to the point where you're satisfied with the result (just make sure to save the maps under different names, to not cause mismatches with older clients).

As for anti-cheats affecting this, if the server has any additional mod (anti-cheat or any other) that spawns extra PathNodes in it, then NW3 may pick that up and spawn more modifiers as a result, which could explain what you have seen.
I,m only supposed to add or remove maps on the server.The main admin owner is away for a while.Not sure about pathnodes.
The nw3cfgextras.ini file so the value is set to 0.35 ,and that was a good improvement for one of the maps,but asc-livingroom,and dm-sufcriterion remain barren when it comes to nalimod lights.
Sometimes...quite a few,if i rename a map it wont run.Both maps have been removed,and i will try to rename them to something else,maybe add a numeric value at the end of the maps titles.
Thanks. 8)
Last edited by papercoffee on Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post again
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

plontotra44 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:57 am ... asc-livingroom,and dm-sufcriterion remain barren when it comes to nalimod lights.
If you're using the original versions of those two maps, then neither is pathed (they don't have pathnodes).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

plontotra44 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:49 am Hi.
And you did it again.
Please read this little Guide here if you have troubles to understand what a double or multi-post is. ;)
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

Some admins fix this by simple mutators that spawn specified number and class of modifiers around the PlayerStart locations.
plontotra44
Novice

Post by plontotra44 »

papercoffee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:46 pm
plontotra44 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:49 am Hi.
And you did it again.
Please read this little Guide here if you have troubles to understand what a double or multi-post is. ;)
This also has happened on other forums.
i post once but it is listed twice.
It may have something to do with firefox or win7. :barf: