Error Messages

Discussions about UT99
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Error Messages

Post by sektor2111 »

First of all I don't know if I can open file in Notepad in my system. The question is if UT can manage enough memory for handling such files. This is happening when you are using all sort of lousy wrecks and poorly codes things + incompatible assets with CTF purpose. All memory is taken and UT gets stuck unable even to close log file. Let's reduce things a bit...
BAD Skins, Mr. Skiner

Code: Select all

Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_Stark.Iron5tom': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_Stark.Iron5tom'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_Stark.Iron5tom': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_Stark.Iron5tom'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_3': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_3'
ScriptLog: Failed to load Soldier_MU.MUST2T_3 so load Soldier_MU.MUST2
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1'
ScriptLog: Failed to load Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1 so load Soldier_MU.MUST2
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_0': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_0'
ScriptLog: Failed to load Soldier_MU.MUST2T_0 so load Soldier_MU.MUST2
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1'
ScriptLog: Failed to load Soldier_MU.MUST2T_1 so load Soldier_MU.MUST2
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_Xmen.Xmen5Cycl': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_Xmen.Xmen5Cycl'
Warning: Failed to load 'Texture Soldier_Xmen.xmen5Cycl': Failed to find object 'Texture Soldier_Xmen.xmen5Cycl'
Next - cannons "addiction" - spam junks and code runs borked

ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-UTDMT-Cannons-ESF-River.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.CTFGame.AssessBotAttitude:002C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-UTDMT-Cannons-ESF-River.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.CTFGame.GameThreatAdd:0013) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-UTDMT-Cannons-ESF-River.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.CTFGame.AssessBotAttitude:002C) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: CTFGame CTF-UTDMT-Cannons-ESF-River.CTFGame0 (Function Botpack.CTFGame.GameThreatAdd:0013) Accessed None
Then... entertaining render

Critical: URender::OccludeBsp
Critical: URender::OccludeFrame
Log: URender::DrawWorld anomaly
Critical: URender::DrawWorld
Critical: UGameEngine::Draw
Critical: UWindowsViewport::Repaint
Critical: UWindowsClient::Tick
Critical: ClientTick
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UD3DRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Exception in Info->Surfaces7(j)->Release()
All log is full filled with that "Surfaces7(j)" (thanks to coders that I have other options for opening these "great" files, lol...)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 amFirst of all I don't know if I can open file in Notepad in my system. The question is if UT can manage enough memory for handling such files.
Patience is a virtue, Notepad can handle it but it takes like 3 minutes to load which is unusual.

So it seems part of the issue is all my bots use custom skins, most other people likely won't have that problem.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:01 am Patience is a virtue, Notepad can handle it but it takes like 3 minutes to load which is unusual.
A tip - if you find you have a 766MB log in future - just copy a few of the recurring lines and state that they recurr multiple times - that way it's easier for people to find the errors. Like sektor, my system (Mac OS) opens the that file instantaneously so I don't have to wait for Notepad.
EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:01 am So it seems part of the issue is all my bots use custom skins, most other people likely won't have that problem.
Most (or a lot of) custom models and custom skins throw those errors. My model does - it's not a problem and is not responsible for the map crashing. Two of the skin textures that can't be loaded because they can't be found are talk textures - they can't be found because they don't exist - that they don't exist is not a problem. The rest are team colours that don't exist - again not a problem, the non-team coloured part of that skin is used. If there is a major problem with a skin or with a model, UT will use one of the default models (Male Soldier or Male Commando) with one of the default skins.

The Player skin - '"Failed to load 'Texture SoldierSkins_DRNJ.DRNJ': Failed to find object 'Texture SoldierSkins_DRNJ.DRNJ'' - is that because you are a spectator?

As a matter of interest, what's "RadarScale=50? bInfilAutoReload=True? bInfilAimIsToggled=True? bInfilPlayerRadar=False"

Onto the map - it runs fine in 469b (reliease) with EXUOpenGL - I would suggest you try another renderer, rather than D3DDrv, and see what happens - use OpenGL for example or a newer D3D like D3D9. As sektor points out the crash is a renderer issue (DrawWorldAnomaly).

Finally, do you never have problems because your UT path has a space - "Base directory: D:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament\System\"?

________ UPDATE ___________________
Of course, if those talk textures or team colours do exist and have not been loaded, then you need to check the relevant utx/int.
Last edited by OjitroC on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 amThe question is if UT can manage enough memory for handling such files.
When adding a line to a log (text) file, there is no need to read the complete file.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:45 amThe Player skin - '"Failed to load 'Texture SoldierSkins_DRNJ.DRNJ': Failed to find object 'Texture SoldierSkins_DRNJ.DRNJ'' - is that because you are a spectator?
Possibly, that is the skin I'm currently set at; the Dragon Ninja.
OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:45 amAs a matter of interest, what's "RadarScale=50? bInfilAutoReload=True? bInfilAimIsToggled=True? bInfilPlayerRadar=False"
That radar there, though never really noticed it before.
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpClip0001.png
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpClip0001.png (9.83 KiB) Viewed 965 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:30 pm That radar there, though never really noticed it before.
That's odd - looks like you've played Infiltration and it's written to your User.ini (Is that your User.ini as the top entries are all in the wrong, or at least an unusual, order?). You don't need those entries there so you can take them out if you wish (actually you can take them out and try the map again).

Try the map again with another renderer - it's a very simple map with simple textures - can't quite see why it should give rise to renderer errors. It certainly runs OK in 469b (obviously the basic version without the Titans).

The interesting thing in the crash log is where "Log: Exception in Info->Surfaces7(j)->Release()" comes from.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Shhht.... can I tell you a secret ?
D3D it's just D3D... everywhere. By example in Editor's version from UT 469 when I'm switching ViewPorts to that render it's all K.O. Nothing stays alive and Editor won't even start. It's needed editing Ini file and changing Driver else... bye bye...
Of course, I managed to look at that log file... excuse me... I'm not hosting such things. And I'm disagree with textures chapter, when a texture is referenced somewhere but it doesn't exist I doubt to see machine in a stable state because texture was replaced by something else. Heck knows what going on in that TArray and what render is doing there...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:12 pm Heck knows what going on in that TArray and what render is doing there...
Not sure what that means?

You're right about textures of course - the only exception is with skins as, unlike normal textures, alternatives can be loaded. What you see in EG's log is the 'engine' looking for team colours - now there are 5 alternative skins than can be loaded, the four team colours and the non-team colour skin - so if the team colours can't be found, the non-team colour is loaded and there is no issue - there would be an issue of course if there was no non-team colour skin to load - then a default model skin would be loaded (which I have seen) or a default model would be loaded (which I've also seen).

It's the same with non-default models - quite a few of these have a one piece or two piece skin - the 'engine' searches for skins as though the model was a default model and so reports in the log that it can't find particular skins - it doesn't need to find them as the model uses only one or two skins. None of this creates any problems.

I've played 1000s of games with non default models and default models with custom skins - I use custom models as a Player. I have never experienced any problems.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:12 pm Not sure what that means?
Means that UT uses OBJECTS referenced in memory in various locations - as far as I know UT has an ARRAY with these, a chain. Snippet from Initializing Hash stage...

// Init hash.
	for( INT i=0; i<ARRAY_COUNT(GObjHash); i++ )
		GObjHash[i] = NULL;
As far as I know ARRAY_Count it's self explanatory, it doesn't need translations... else such sort of iterations are in many places...
I'm not going to hunt what GAPS are doing when whatever pointer is referencing A VOID. You can look for whatever resources through forum and drop any eye in "Core" assets and see yourself.
This is a trouble in many environments not only in UT. Even in other OS types these voids are not welcomed if codes are not having sanity checks. Before calling something made sure that thing does exist unless you are in for a system/application crash. UT uses a lot for guards but... not always things are going on the right way, not at C++ level.
By example if you have a projectile exploding and using a decal without texture, this is a "happy case", UT won't do anything because has a sanity check and code is stopped from doing damage and a log message is being written.

void ADecal::execAttachDecal( FFrame& Stack, RESULT_DECL )
	if( Region.Zone->bFogZone )
		return;
	if(!Texture)
	{
		debugf(TEXT("AttachDecal: No Texture"));
		return;
	}
But such wrappers are not everywhere...
And now it's ranting time... If you have something missing, Instead of a Trash SPAM pointing nothing, you could nominate which class was trying to do this mess without forcing me to hunt craps through a source-code full of useless classes.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Let me see...
Actually I think this was caused by a lock down in iterations loop, blocking render to finish the task from that moment.
These iterations are coming from SPECTATOR witnessing a CTFGame instead of joining and playing. UT is for play not for spectating Bots and lousy monsters.

XC_Engine has whatever fix around this "CTF-END-Spectate" (ViewClass replaced) issue but... I think I solved problem in my custom CTF because I'm testing maps even without XC_Engine. CHSpectator is trash in UT, boys...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

This seem like anything serious?
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0001.png
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0001.png (11.33 KiB) Viewed 861 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:01 am This seem like anything serious?
Yes, because it caused a crash. So what you now do depends on how often that crash happens and how important it is to you that it happens given the frequency of crashing.

Looks like poor coding of the FatSkaarjZombie - similar to the problem with some of the QuakePawns. I don't remember having a crash with the FSZ, which is not to say that I haven't had one.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:28 amLooks like poor coding of the FatSkaarjZombie - similar to the problem with some of the QuakePawns. I don't remember having a crash with the FSZ, which is not to say that I haven't had one.
Played the map twice (zombie edit) and it only happened the 1st time. Might have to do with hitting it with a full rocket spread at point blank range.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Sanity checks... I forgot how much I wrapped NsScriptedPawn for preventing any lock-down in ON-LINE especially where in random cases a projectile can harm a monster and instigator has disconnected because of:
- Internet problem;
- hardware problem;
- doing this on purpose.

I don't recall any stock creature what will do against a bDeleteMe Pawn or a None Pawn. Results are coming sooner or later. Main checkers in recent functions are based on CHECKING if something from arguments is valid. Believe me or not, at a moment "SeePlayer" from ScriptedPawn aka UTDMT was doing Accessed None errors while I was ghosting and moving through walls... while pawn was switching states and doing delayed calls because of these changes...
Barbie
Godlike

Bat1.PlayDeathHit

Post by Barbie »

CriticalError@Bat1.jpg
CriticalError@Bat1.jpg (45.17 KiB) Viewed 810 times
But I don't see what's wrong in function PlayDeathHit(), and the animations "Dead1" and "Dead2" DO exist in the used Mesh 'UnrealShare.Bird' (only its skin is changed via MultiSkins[1]=Texture'KasarulSkins.Bat').
complete code of bat1@Bat1.u

//=============================================================================
// bat1.
//=============================================================================
class bat1 expands Bird1;

/*****************************************************************************
* You don't need the #execs because you don't posses the mesh                *
*****************************************************************************/
// You subclassed it so you already possess these variables you don't need to 
//redeclare them
/*
var() name GoalTag;
var	actor GoalActor;
var() float CircleRadius;
var float Angle;
var	vector CircleCenter;
var() bool bCircle;
*/
function PreBeginPlay()
{
  // This will call the parents class PreBeginPlay();
  Super.PreBeginPlay();
}

function PlayCall()
{
}

function PlayHit(float Damage, vector HitLocation, name damageType, float MomentumZ)
{
	if ( FRand() < 0.5 )
		TweenAnim('Hit1', 0.1);
	else
		TweenAnim('Hit2', 0.1);
	AirSpeed = 1.5 * Default.AirSpeed;	
	bCircle  = False;
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
	GotoState('TakeHit');
}

function PlayDeathHit(float Damage, vector HitLocation, name damageType)
{
	if ( FRand() < 0.5 )
		TweenAnim('Dead1', 0.2);
	else
		TweenAnim('Dead2', 0.2);	
}

function Died(pawn Killer, name damageType, vector HitLocation)
{
	local Actor A;

if( Event != '' )
		foreach AllActors( class 'Actor', A, Event )
			A.Trigger( Self, Killer );

if ( Region.Zone.bDestructive && (Region.Zone.ExitActor != None) )
	{
		Spawn(Region.Zone.ExitActor);
		Destroy();
		return;
	}
	GotoState('Dying');
}

function WhatToDoNext()
{
	if ( bCircle )
		GotoState('Circle');
	else if ( GoalActor != None )
		GotoState('MoveToGoal');
	else
		GotoState('Meander');
}

auto state startup
{
	function Trigger( actor Other, pawn EventInstigator )
	{
		if ( GoalActor != None )
			GotoState('MoveToGoal');
	}

Begin:
	if ( GoalActor == None )
		WhatToDoNext();
}

state TakeHit
{
	ignores seeplayer, enemynotvisible;

Begin:
	FinishAnim();
	Sleep(0.3);
	TweenAnim('Flight',0.1);
	WhatToDoNext();
}

state meander
{

singular function ZoneChange( ZoneInfo NewZone )
	{
		if (NewZone.bWaterZone || NewZone.bPainZone)
		{
			SetLocation(OldLocation);
			Velocity = vect(0,0,0);
			Acceleration = vect(0,0,0);
			MoveTimer = -1.0;
		}
	}

begin:
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Flying);
wander:
        // - You forgot this - //
	/*if ( FRand() < 0.2 )
		PlayCall();*/
	Destination = CircleCenter + FRand() * CircleRadius * VRand();
	if ( Abs(Destination.Z - CircleCenter.Z) > 200 )
		Destination.Z = CircleCenter.Z; 
	if ( (Destination.Z >= Location.Z) || (FRand() < 0.5) )
		LoopAnim('Flight',1.0);
	else
		TweenAnim('Flight',2.5);
	MoveTo(Destination);
	Goto('Wander');
}

state movetogoal
{

function HitWall(vector HitNormal, actor Wall)
	{
		GoalActor = None;
		GotoState('Meander');
	}

begin:
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Flying);
wander:
        // - And this one - //
	/*if ( FRand() < 0.5 )
		PlayCall();
	*/
	LoopAnim('Flight',3.5);
	MoveTo(GoalActor.Location);
	If ( VSize(Location - GoalActor.Location) < 100 )
		Destroy();
	else
		Goto('Wander');
}

state circle
{

singular function ZoneChange( ZoneInfo NewZone )
	{
		if (NewZone.bWaterZone || NewZone.bPainZone)
		{
			SetLocation(OldLocation);
			Velocity = vect(0,0,0);
			Acceleration = vect(0,0,0);
			MoveTimer = -1.0;
		}
	}

begin:
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Flying);
wander:
	if ( FRand() < 0.2 )
	{
		LoopAnim('Flight',1.0);
                // - And this one - //
		// PlayCall();
	}
	else
		PlayAnim('Flight');
	Angle += 1.0484; //2*3.1415/6;	
	Destination.X = CircleCenter.X - CircleRadius * Sin(Angle);
	Destination.Y = CircleCenter.Y + CircleRadius * Cos(Angle);
	Destination.Z = CircleCenter.Z + 30 * FRand() - 15;
	MoveTo(Destination);
	Goto('Wander');
}

State Dying
{

function TakeDamage( int Damage, Pawn instigatedBy, Vector hitlocation, 
							Vector momentum, name damageType)
	{
		destroy();
	}

function Landed(vector HitNormal)
	{
		local rotator newRot;

newRot = Rotation;
		newRot.Pitch = 0;
		newRot.Roll = 0;
		If ( FRand() < 0.5 )
			TweenAnim('Ground1', 0.2);
		else
			TweenAnim('Ground2', 0.2);
		SetRotation(newRot);
		SetPhysics(PHYS_None);
		SetTimer(2.0, True);
	}	

function Timer()
	{
		if ( !PlayerCanSeeMe() )
			Destroy();
	}

Begin:
	SetPhysics(PHYS_Falling);
	Sleep(10);
	Timer();
}			
PS: I found a masterpiece of coding in Function PreBeginPlay() :ironic:

<EDIT>
Anyway, no fixes needed: I used class'Bird1' from UnrealShare.u instead and set the MultiSkin manually.
</EDIT>
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett