Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:37 pm Not that you have to Rikia, but it seems like you're primarily taking posed shots of your model... which isn't "fun". It wouldn't be any big deal except you're doing it daily.

Because of the insane number of screenshots I take I got in the habit of posting once a month, not that you're under any such obligation... but maybe take more than just posed shots.

It's getting a little monotonous.
I think the posed shots are fun - they show off the models in situations where one can really appreciate them - and they're interesting shots of the coop trip, posed to capture parts of that trip, which is presumably taking place over consecutive days.

Personally I wouldn't dissuade anyone from posting those screenshots that they find interesting and entertaining. I post shots of my scriptedpawns in non-combat situations as, to me, that's the best way to fully appreciate them (plus if I tried to take sshots of them in action I would be dead, which is not ideal :P ).
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:37 pm Think I'm understanding the OCD now.

Not that you have to Rikia, but it seems like you're primarily taking posed shots of your model... which isn't "fun". It wouldn't be any big deal except you're doing it daily.

Because of the insane number of screenshots I take I got in the habit of posting once a month, not that you're under any such obligation... but maybe take more than just posed shots.

It's getting a little monotonous.
The "fun" is a subjective concept, like how OjitroC confirmed. Even he found these shots fun.
And OCD is not related to my shots, cause it's not that stupid disease. This is disease of mistakes fear and keeping everything ideal as how you want.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Rikia wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:18 pmAnd OCD is not related to my shots, cause it's not that stupid disease. This is disease of mistakes fear and keeping everything ideal as how you want.
My bad, I took the acronym literally. Admittedly I was fuzzy on the details.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ividyon
Average
Personal rank: UnrealSP.org Staff

Post by ividyon »

I found the posed shots interesting, because there are clearly applications of photography skills like image composition, negative space, picking the right location with the right background and lighting, the right FOV etc. which are all interesting topics with artistic merit, each of which can be explored really in-depth and perfected over time by the person, and is adjacent to real life photography or painting. These are not things I see taken into account with random ingame screenshots otherwise.

It reminds me of, for instance, the "GPOSE" scene in Final Fantasy XIV, where theres thousands and thousands of entire social media accounts dedicated to artful posed shots. (An example of mine), which is also where my Reshade idea came from.
Also known as: sana
UnrealSP.org - the premier Unreal single player site
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Just to bust up the monotony...

From an ongoing map edit · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12072
Attachments
Shot0030.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

ividyon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 pm Sorry, what? :D Would you break down what the condescending part was?
I think your recommendation felt less like a suggestion and more like some sort of standard. I'm sure that is not intentional, though.
ividyon wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 pm As for requiring a strong rig, uh, maybe? Not really? When it's about screenshots, you can simply run the game with the shaders off, then briefly toggle them for the moment you take the shot, with a hotkey. Reshade by itself shouldn't consume much/any resources while shaders are off.
Eh, fair enough :D
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

20210317200806_1.jpg
20210317200806_3.jpg
20210317200826_1.jpg
20210317201337_1.jpg
20210317201338_1.jpg
go home bot, you're drunk
drunk1.jpg
drunk2.jpg
pity can't hurt me, cause of anti-toxin suit
pity.jpg
10 logic, 100 accuracy
nologic.jpg
20210317203353_2.jpg
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

You know you're playing way too much Apex Legends, when the second screenshot above reminds you of Horizon. :lol2:
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Feralidragon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:16 pm You know you're playing way too much Apex Legends, when the second screenshot above reminds you of Horizon. :lol2:
2nd from the top or 2nd from the botton?
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

2nd from the top.

I don't want to really go off-topic, so I am posting a link to the image (instead of posting the image itself), so you understand what I mean:
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/eS7jc ... evXLsg.jpg
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
Hentai from Na-Pali
9.jpg
with Google image transparecy glitch: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... F540A79D1/
10.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

A few shots from a recent Island adventure -

First up is an IcedKrall taking in the view and keeping an eye on the approaching rain
IcedKrall.jpg
whilst possibly hoping it will get a chance to turn something into ice.

A weird mutant - the DipersionSlith, merely contemplating as Sliths do until spurred into action
DSlith.jpg
and yes, it does shoot dispersion projectiles.

High above the clouds is the fearsome G59MagatsuTrooper
G59Troop.jpg
From the EXU SP campaign, G59, this Trooper not only looks fearsome and carries a fearsome weapon but also despatches a fearsome homing projectile upon death (if you manage to kill it before it kills you).

Here's a female Drow, blissfully unaware she's about to be abducted
Drow.jpg
No weapon, you ask? She has but she keeps it hidden until needed - a wristcrossbow from Nali Chronicles I think.

A modified G59 Drone attracted by the clear, blue sea
Drone.jpg
They can, of course, fly a lot higher than this. Some nice bonuses when you kill them - some great effects and a WarLord's Vest.

Finally, a BoloScout
BoloSc.jpg
Probably unwise for the saucer to attempt to abduct that Skaarj Scout - no prizes for guessing what projectile it fires!
Rikia
Experienced

Post by Rikia »

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:13 pmHigh above the clouds is the fearsome G59MagatsuTrooper
G59Troop.jpg
From the EXU SP campaign, G59, this Trooper not only looks fearsome and carries a fearsome weapon but also despatches a fearsome homing projectile upon death (if you manage to kill it before it kills you).
I've never really taken a look at EXU before, but that's a nice looking SkaarjTrooper. Is it only available in SP?

So, what's a rombler? Because i can't find it anywhere in the EXU.u but this texture did pop up.
Attachments
RumblerSkin.png
RumblerSkin.png (44.66 KiB) Viewed 286 times