[SOLVED][MS3D]Why do the LODs on this model get broken

Maps, mods and resources ported from or to Unreal.
Must run in UT99 or with Oldskool Amp'd.
Unreal 227 only projects are "Off-Topic"
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

[SOLVED][MS3D]Why do the LODs on this model get broken

Post by Rikia »

Need a help from MS3D user!

I'm getting a broken LODs on my fixed and imported ONI Konoko S model for no reason. I'm importing this model to Unreal and the same was used for UT99, where everything is normal, while in Unreal LODs getting a HUGE holes. The same but non-fixed model was imported to Unreal months ago and there wasn't any LOD issues.

I also checked my MS3D importing on the other model and it gets normal compared to this one.

I'll just put a files with MS3D files of broken model and normal one, but they aren't the same models, just other one was re-exported in same time for a checking.
BrokenLOD.zip
(3 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
NormalLOD.zip
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
The link to the non-fixed(wrong neck position) Konoko S model where LODs are pretty normal: https://gamebanana.com/skins/186893

The archives I put into the post contain MS3D model files, .psk files and source files for Unreal model compilation.

The LOD glitches I'm getting in Unreal with this fixed model are absolutely not normal, cause there is no any clear reason of their appereance!

Images of broken LOD of fixed model:
brokenlod1.png
brokenlod2.png
These holes are pretty noticeable from such small distance!
I forget to shot the normal LOD of non-fixed same model. But you can believe me or check it by yourself.

Image of normal LOD of compiled in same way model:
normallod.png
Image of normal LOD of the same FIXED model in UT99:
ut99konnormallod.png
These issues are not normal. We also tried to figure out this with SteadZ but we got no idea why this happens.
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Re: [SOLVED][MS3D]Why do the LODs on this model get broken

Post by Rikia »

I figured out the problem. Too much of .psk file imports/exports can corrupt the .psk file. The MS3D port for UT99 worked well, probably because there is a bit different .psk converting.
I took very first MS3D files of this model which never were imported/exported and just fixed neck position again, and then I got a normal .psk file.