FCommandoSkins Negaverse Titus

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

FCommandoSkins Negaverse Titus

Post by Barbie »

With version 469b of UT the skin "FCommandoSkins Negaverse Titus" is not loaded any more:
Login: Barbie
Failed to load "Texture FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0": Object not found: Texture FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0.
Failed to load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0 so load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2
Attempted to use illegal skin from package FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus for FCommando
Failed to load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus.ttus1 so load FCommandoSkins.cmdo1
Attempted to use illegal skin from package FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus for FCommando
Failed to load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus.ttus4titus so load FCommandoSkins.cmdo4
Possessed PlayerPawn: TFemale1 MH-CastleHuntingV2.TFemale0
Join succeeded: Barbie
With previous version 451 there were error messages too, but the skin was loaded. What has to be changed that this skin can be loaded with v469b?
FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.int

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus1,Class=Texture,Description="Negaverse_Titus")
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus1T_0,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus1T_1,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus1T_2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus1T_3,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2,Class=Texture)
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus4titus,Class=Texture,Description="Titus")
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus5titus,Class=Texture)
Attachments
FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.utx.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: FCommandoSkins Negaverse Titus

Post by EvilGrins »

Never noticed you had your own forum before, though its setting off my browser warnings as unsafe.

Doesn't look unsafe.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

I compare NeoCop (loaded fine) with Titus and saw next things:

1. Case different. ttus1T_0 and copi1t_0
2. Titus locate all textures in group ttus, NeoCop in group None.
3. Name of face is Titus, but texture named titus. Again case issue. In NeoCop name face and texture match with case.
4. NeoCop use 4 textures for seconds state, Titus - no.
5. Description of Titus enclose in double quotes, NeoCop - no.
6. Even section name in int file "Public" in Titus and "public" in NeoCop.

I think really Matter group of textures and case things not relevant.

Try this:
FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus_fix.zip
(313.89 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
Exported to png. Imported back without group. LOD set to LOD_Skin.

Also about names - UT list Titus and titus as faces. So maybe case matter in some places.

Also maybe bteer duplicate texture 2 for each color for get rid off log flood.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The important bit from the error message is surely "Attempted to use illegal skin"? So why is the skin 'illegal'?

What's in the .int is not critical - it's what's in the .utx that's more important. I have a Female Commando skin with just this in the int
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Dizz.recn1,Class=Texture,Description="Flores")
Object=(Name=FCommandoSkins_Dizz.recn4iris,Class=Texture,Description="Dizzy")
and the skin loads OK in-game.

I've tried the Negaverse Titus skin off-line in 469b (release) and it works fine - with just this log error
Warning: Failed to load "Texture FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0": Object not found: Texture FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0.
ScriptLog: Failed to load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2T_0 so load FCommandoSkins_Negaverse_Titus.ttus2
(to be expected as there are no team colours for ttus2). I get just the same error when using the skin in 436.

So there are no problems with the skin.

The issue appears to be using the skin on-line? And the crucial question is why is there now an issue in 469b?

A search of this forum suggests the "Attempted to use Illegal skin" error message is associated with servers using XCEngine, NewNet or UTPure.

NOTE : you don't actually need an .int for the skin to be used in-game, provided the correct information (skin and face name) is in the User.ini (remove the int for the skin you are currently using from your System folder and the skin will still load in-game). The .int is for the skin info to appear in the Player/Bot selection windows.

It's the same with voice packs as well - I have VPs without ints but manually input the file/package name in the User.ini for the Player or Bots and the voice works in-game but doesn't show up in the selection windows.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This may be over simplified, but the Female Commando is a standard default UT skin... and all of those use textures that're 256x256.

Your skin isn't like that, most of the textures are 257x255, one is 258x256, another one is 258x257.

Adjust those, except for the talk texture which is fine as is, to 256x256 and it should work fine.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:47 amits setting off my browser warnings as unsafe.
See also this post at Obscure UT sites.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:40 am This may be over simplified, but the Female Commando is a standard default UT skin... and all of those use textures that're 256x256.

Your skin isn't like that, most of the textures are 257x255, one is 258x256, another one is 258x257.

Adjust those, except for the talk texture which is fine as is, to 256x256 and it should work fine.
Yes, initially I thought that ... but the skin works fine as it is (off-line anyway) so that isn't the issue - there is no inherent problem with the skin or, indeed, with the .int file.

Like I said, the crucial part of the error message is "Attempted to use illegal skin" - that's not what you normally get with a skin. It's the 'illegal' part - what's 'illegal' about it? I think that comes down to where it is being used and what is it that considers it to be 'illegal' - not 469b per se as it works fine in that off-line.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:00 amThe issue appears to be using the skin on-line? And the crucial question is why is there now an issue in 469b?

A search of this forum suggests the "Attempted to use Illegal skin" error message is associated with servers using XCEngine, NewNet or UTPure.
Nothing of that is running on that server.
<EDIT>
Other skins also create error messages but seem to be loaded:
ucc.init.log wrote:Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0.
Failed to load Abbeyskins.abby2T_0 so load Abbeyskins.abby2
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2.
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0.
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2.
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby5t_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby5t_0.
Possessed PlayerPawn: Abbey MH-Alarm_Ver3.Abbey1
</EDIT>
<EDIT2>
Does it make a difference if this skin is installed locally at client or not?
</EDIT2>
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm Nothing of that is running on that server.
It may be worthwhile to raise the 'illegal skin' as an issue on GitHub.

Does the Negaverse Titus skin load OK for you off-line in 469b?
Barbie wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:15 pm also create error messages but seem to be loaded:
ucc.init.log wrote:Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0.
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby2T_0.
Failed to load "Texture Abbeyskins.abby5t_0": Object not found: Texture Abbeyskins.abby5t_0.
Possessed PlayerPawn: Abbey MH-Alarm_Ver3.Abbey1
That's the normal 'error' with that (and other custom) models - Abbey only has a one piece skin (and the team colour variants of that skin) and so can't find or load Abby2 as it doesn't exist and doesn't need to exist. (Why it is looking for Abbeyskins.abby5t_0 I've no idea as 5 is the talk texture and that doesn't have team colours).

The error message there is different though - no reference to 'illegal' skin - the reference to 'illegal' only seems to occur with the default models.

Perhaps the server in question only allows the use of default (rather than custom) skins for default models like the Female Commando?

I don't have a server or play on-line so I have no idea but I would think that the client has to have (or download) the skin for it to work?
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

@EvilGrins you should take some time to learn what the browser errors are telling you or they are no use.
It is warning that the certificate is not trusted, because a) it is self-minted and b) certificates are minted for domain names, not IP addresses.
When you see an error like that go to the address bar and look at the certificate info.

As for safety, it is at risk if the list of vulnerabilities shown in shodan are exploitable.
Testing with sucuri I see a bunch of other common security issues.
Testing the certificate and config with SSLabs shows a few exploits are usable against it.
@Barbie due to the fact it is listed in shodan, I suggest you attend to the exposed vulnerabilities and disable all those old certificate protocols. It looks like an easy target so will attract attention.