Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:37 pm I've never really taken a look at EXU before, but that's a nice looking SkaarjTrooper. Is it only available in SP?

So, what's a rombler? Because i can't find it anywhere in the EXU.u but this texture did pop up.
To answer the second question first - the Rimbler, Rombler and Rumbler are all EXUBehemoths. They should be in the EXU.u (they're certainly in the one I have) - it's possible you have an earlier version.

Yeah, that Skaarj Trooper looks nice but ... at 3K health and with that weapon it takes some getting rid of, preferrably from long distance!

I have used a few 'things' from EXU before but they are mostly high health or have deadly projectiles/weapons or a combination of the two (so somewhat overpowered for a UT game with normal weapons (like Counter Strike). I've come back to it after downloading (and playing some of) first, the Xeops/Dorado SP map and second, the G59 campaign. These are both in threads on UnrealSP.org. Both have their own .u files (Xeops and Jigoku) and you can certainly use the Scripted Pawns and the pickups from those in UT (provided you install all the required EXU files) - the weapons I think require OldSkool in UT. Both those download threads contain all the EXU files needed to run those .u files (and, of course, the Xeops map and the G59 campaign - both worth having a look at).

Xeops is basically an Unreal SP map for UT using Oldskool which uses EXU assets but the ScriptedPawns are, mostly, enhanced and altered variants of UnrealI/Unrealshare pawns and can be dealt with the modified and enhanced Unreal weapons in the map. On the other hand, G69 uses EXU scriptedpawns (some suitably modified) and EXU weapons so these scriptedpawns are much more high powered in all ways (you need the 3K armour points you can accumulate).
ividyon
Average
Personal rank: UnrealSP.org Staff

Post by ividyon »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:37 pm So, what's a rombler? Because i can't find it anywhere in the EXU.u but this texture did pop up.
Rumblers are an enemy type from System Shock 2, a late-game monster aligned with the antagonist "The Many". EXU2 contains a bunch of System Shock 2 references (the Fusion Flare, rumblers, security bot brutes, Annelid Hybrid sounds for various mobs, etc.), and that is just a Brute variant with a skin to reference the original SS2 Rumbler.

As OjitroC said all EXU2 custom pawns are super-powered and balanced for a completely different set of weapons and armor (EXU2 is a Total Conversion pretty much), the Rumbler included.
OjitroC wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pm Xeops is basically an Unreal SP map for UT using Oldskool which uses EXU assets but the ScriptedPawns are, mostly, enhanced and altered variants of UnrealI/Unrealshare pawns and can be dealt with the modified and enhanced Unreal weapons in the map.
The nice thing about EXU2 is that it comes with all the "basic Unreal pawns" as EXUScriptedPawn subclasses, with all their original values and balancing, but with the cool EXU2 features such as kickable gibs, AI script fixes etc. built in. I believe that is what Xeops used.
Also known as: sana
UnrealSP.org - the premier Unreal single player site
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:15 pmTo answer the second question first - the Rimbler, Rombler and Rumbler are all EXUBehemoths. They should be in the EXU.u (they're certainly in the one I have) - it's possible you have an earlier version.
No I see them listed under scripted pawns but the textures for that thing don't seem to line up with a typical brute skin... I'll try mapping it. Maybe the EXU has a different setup from the standard one.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

ividyon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:23 am EXU2 contains a bunch of System Shock 2 references (the Fusion Flare, rumblers, security bot brutes, Annelid Hybrid sounds for various mobs, etc.), and that is just a Brute variant with a skin to reference the original SS2 Rumbler.
That's interesting - I've never played System Shock so I wasn't aware of that connection.
ividyon wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:23 am ... cool EXU2 features such as kickable gibs, AI script fixes etc. built in. I believe that is what Xeops used.
Yes, the kickable gibs are fun - one of the other cool features of EXU2 is the introduction of flying ScriptedPawns such as the various drones - I can't really think of anywhere else where this has been done as well. Blow up a drone and kick around the metal debris!

Should anyone not have seen the Rumblers, etc and are curious - here's a Rombler (left) and Rumbler (right)
RomRum.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Yeah, been playing around with them, on a basic map for testing and viewing purposes...
Attachments
Shot0231.png
Shot0235.png
Shot0244.png
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Fire! Earth! Water!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

More from the island adventure

Olivia Dun (look her up) with looming rain clouds in the background
Olivia.jpg

A miserable Kitty about to be engulfed in snowy rain
Kitty.jpg
Unhappy as well because it has misplaced its Squidy.

Indigenous wildlife encountered on the beach
Nelsian.jpg
A Nelsian variant - the NelMustivo, as vicious as its cousins!

Meanwhile, high in the sky above the island is Molly and her trusty chaingun
Ghost.jpg
Unbeknown to her, over her shoulder lurks a ghost - well, not really, it's a G59MagatsuStalker. I've never had a good view of one - unsurprisingly!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The island adventure draws to a close

with a curiosity
Seawalk.jpg
a NelMustivo walking on water

Another curiosity - the Eco Gunner
EcoG.jpg
with its Salad Stinger - biodegradeable projectiles!

Not something one wants to meet too often - a G59MagatsuBot
G59Merc.jpg
still when you kill it you can kick its gibs around in celebration!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:27 pmMore from the island adventure
What island is this again?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 am What island is this again?
It doesn't seem to have a name but it's the map CTF-Horizons - from this thread Horizons.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

What does the loneliest Titan in the world say?
Attachments
Shot0148.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Almost missed the deadline for my monthly 8 screenshots dump once a month...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:08 pm What does the loneliest Titan in the world say?
Wait what?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

No comment... :lol:
LetsPath.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Konoko has fun in Epic Town

Floating, weightless Overguards patrol the town
Shot00513.png

Konoko pushes one onto the subway tracks ... just before a train passes ... "Beat by a girl!"
Shot00512.png

Another floats, dead and dripping blood - "Perfect!" says Konoko
Shot00505.png

"Umm, a nice pair of boots!" All in all, a profitable visit, with a new shock rifle acquired and tested as well!
Shot00508.png