A Viist to Pan'thali

Discussions about everything else
OjitroC
Godlike

A Viist to Pan'thali

Post by OjitroC »

An account of the visit by Konoko to Pan'thali and of her doings there and the strange things she encountered.

Before entering, Konoko gazes down from the hill overlooking the town, with the aquaduct to the left, the church in the centre and the tavern/cafe to the right
Town.jpg

Being athletic, Konoko drops to the roof of the church for a closer view, careful to keep her trusty SG-552 at the ready.
Town1.jpg
The orator's house is high to the left and the market hall in the centre with the formal garden in front.

A strange, green, chattering creature in one of the town's many paved streets.
GDImp.jpg
An imp from Godz.

Safely viewed from a distance, by the side of the lake a Seraphim keeps a wary eye on the SnowBag behind her.
Sera.jpg

Action! The Salad Stinger does its deadly work!
Mess.jpg
"Sorry about the mess!" says Konoko to no one in particular.

More action! Having foresaken her SG-552, Konoko decapitates a female DDrow with a single shot from the MP5 ...
DDRow.jpg
that's what she claimed though it probably took more than that. The Drow's wrist crossbow lies close by, unused.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: A Viist to Pan'thali

Post by EvilGrins »

I've never tried porting anything out of Godz, or did you just summon it?

Details please!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:03 pm I've never tried porting anything out of Godz, or did you just summon it?

Details please!
The Godz 'characters' are all Players and/or Bots and so don't fit my needs - if summoned they would appear as Players/Bots (messing up the scoring) and possibly would appear without skins.

The Imp is a ScriptedPawn, being a subclass of sektor's SHuman.ScriptedMale, with its mesh swapped for the GodzCharacters.Imp mesh and the skins for the ImpSkins.grut (there may be other colours, I don't remember now) - it uses the GodzCharacters.Imp sounds. It produces a weapon when about to engage in combat and drops it when killed.

The Seraphim is a subclass of sektor's SHuman.ScriptedFemale, with the mesh swapped for the GodzCustomModels.Seraphim mesh and the skin is the SeraphimSkins.ghan. She has custom sounds for die/hit/land, for Acquire/Roam/Threaten and for some of the Syllables (the SHuman is a weapon holding subclass of Skaarj, from memory, and so has the 6 Syllable sound slots that the Skaarj Warriors/Troopers types have - these slots can be used for custom speech, not just syllables) - I can't remember where the sounds are from, probably a female voice pack. Although not holding a weapon in the sshot, like the Imp she does produce one when about to engage in combat (and drops it when killed). Because she flies, I have her dropping the Quake3 flying pickup upon death.

I use MonsterSpawn so both of these are included in the MonsterSpawn.ini and spawned at random in the map.

Because the Godz meshes don't have all the animations called by the SHuman (and some of the animations they do have won't be called either) there is some abnormality in the ScriptedPawns movements compared with the way they move in the Godz mod and some log spam - I'm not concerned by either, partly because they are 'monsters' and how they move is not my primary consideration, as long as they do move, attack, fire weapons, etc, etc.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Is that where you got the Seraphim too?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:39 am Is that where you got the Seraphim too?
Yes, she's from Godz.

I've 'made' most of the Godz characters into ScriptedPawns - here's another
OGuard.jpg
This is the OverGuard (I think that's the name - I call it something different).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

From what I recall, the Godz characters could hover and fly. Do your scripted pawns from there also do that? Do they have their own weapons?

*giddy*
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:31 pm From what I recall, the Godz characters could hover and fly. Do your scripted pawns from there also do that? Do they have their own weapons?

*giddy*
As shown in the screenshots, both the Seraphim and the Overguard hover and they can fly - I can't remember how well they fly as in whether the wings flap, how high they can go, etc - TBH when confronting them, I'm too busy trying to dodge their shots and shoot them to notice that - but I will in the next encounter.

Since they are subclassed from a Skaarj -> weapon holder class, then they do carry a weapon which I have assigned to them (in exactly the same way one would assign a weapon to a Skaarj Trooper type).

As you can see, the Overguard carries and displays its weapon (ithe Overguard is subclassed from one of the classes in Barbie's SBHumaneFixes, different to the Seraphim) - it has the Rail Gun from Weapons Factory.

The Seraphim has a weapon but it is not displayed until she needs to use it - she has the Lightning Gun from Quake3.

I try to give the ScriptedPawns weapons that are appropriate and that approximate to the projectiles they fire in the mod (or wherever else) they come from.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Will you be making them available to others?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:03 pm Will you be making them available to others?
That's difficult - not because I don't want to but because of the method I use (subclassing existing weapon carrying ScriptedPawns and only importing sounds, sometimes skins). - it's relatively quick and easy to do and, importantly, fun. But ... it does mean, in many cases, that the ScriptedPawns aren't self-contained (with everything in the package) and so they depend on other resources not in the .u file.

As an example, to use the Seraphiim someone would need to have installed :
Spoiler
DevLoad: Loading: Package SeraphimSkins
DevLoad: Loading: Package SHuman
DevLoad: Loading: Package GothSkins
DevLoad: Loading: Package FCommandoSkins
DevLoad: Loading: Package Q3Weaps
DevLoad: Loading: Package GodzCustomModels
DevLoad: Loading: Package Godz
DevLoad: Loading: Package GodzEffects
So, as a method for creating stuff to use in MonsterSpawn, it works well but it is not a method for making pawns for easy distribution (unless they are simple subclasses of UnrealI/Unrealshare ScriptedPawns with the required assets, like skins or sounds, imported).

It's something anyone can do if they want to use ScriptedPawns locally.