◄►469 Patch Discussions◄►

Discussions about UT99
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: ◄► Unreal Tournament v469b Patch Release ◄►

Post by Feralidragon »

Barbie wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:45 pm What is this new padlock button in Group Browser for?
It makes all actors from that group "unselectable", in other words, by locking a group you can no longer select any actors from it (until you unlock it again, of course).
Basically is the same kind of feature you have in programs like Photoshop, Gimp, etc, where you can lock layers with the same effect.

It's a useful and long overdue feature which allows you to edit anything within the map without accidentally select something that you want to be effectively "locked" into place.
Before, the only alternative was to hide these groups, which meant editing some stuff completely blind, especially if what you're hiding is BSP, otherwise you would have to be extremely careful and pray that you didn't mess anything by accident (really troublesome, especially in more complex maps).
Last edited by Feralidragon on Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

ucc.exe wrote:D:\Programme\UT.469b\BarbiesWorld\Classes\SharedCode.uc(1214) : Error, Function 'Locs' specifiers differ from original
Was a new function "Locs" (lowercase a string) introduced after v436? The UT script sources do not contain a function with that name.
My version of Locs

Code: Select all

class SharedCode extends Object;

static function string Locs(String s) {
/******************************************************************************
(slow) function returning lowercase *s*
******************************************************************************/
local int i;
local string result;
	for (i = 0; i < Len(s); i++)
		result = result $ Chr(Downcase(Asc(Mid(S, i, 1))));
	return result;
}
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Yes, it was introduced in 469a:

Code: Select all

native(238)	static final function string Locs	( coerce string S); // -- rjp
Although I don't know what it does, and you cannot really use it, as 469 checks if any of the new functions are being used in custom packages, and refuses to save any custom package with them.
At least until a way is implemented to safely include functions like this without breaking previous client versions.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

In the 469b Editor, what does the main menu item Tools > Cleanup Level do?

Tested on AS-Mazon - done once it increases the file size by c600 bytes, done again it reduces the file size by 1.2Kb and logs this
Spoiler
Log: Model50 - Model54 differs.
Log: Brush39 - Brush49 differs by MainScale
Log: Brush185 - Brush285 differs by CsgOper
Log: Brush217 - Brush218 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush217 - Brush219 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush218 - Brush219 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush221 - Brush222 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush221 - Brush223 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush222 - Brush223 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush224 - Brush226 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush224 - Brush228 differs by PrePivot
Log: Brush226 - Brush228 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush230 - Brush231 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush230 - Brush232 differs by PrePivot
Log: Brush231 - Brush232 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush261 - Brush262 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush261 - Brush263 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush262 - Brush263 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush265 - Brush266 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush265 - Brush267 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush266 - Brush267 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush269 - Brush270 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush269 - Brush271 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush270 - Brush271 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush273 - Brush274 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush273 - Brush275 differs by Region
Log: Brush274 - Brush275 differs by Region
Log: Brush277 - Brush278 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush277 - Brush279 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush277 - Brush280 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush278 - Brush279 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush278 - Brush280 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush279 - Brush280 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush61 - Brush289 differs by CsgOper
Log: Brush331 - Brush332 differs by PolyFlags
Log: Brush377 - Brush378 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush377 - Brush379 differs by Region
Log: Brush378 - Brush379 differs by Region
Log: Brush384 - Brush385 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush384 - Brush386 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush385 - Brush386 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush387 - Brush388 differs by Rotation
Log: Brush387 - Brush389 differs by Region
Log: Brush388 - Brush389 differs by Region
Log: Brush402 - Brush403 differs by CsgOper
Log: Brush432 - Brush433 differs by CsgOper
Log: Brush456 - Brush457 differs by PostScale
Log: Model502 - Model503 differs.
How does one interpret that information and what use does one make of it?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

Just asked Anthrax about that, since I didn't know it myself either, and apparently it's a tool that checks for duplicated actors, in the sense of actors overlapping each other with the same properties, such as, for example, one BSP brush being exactly at the same location, having the same shape, etc, as another BSP brush.

If all properties match exactly, then one of the actors is deleted, if not, if they only differ by one property or so, it's logged.

In other words, it's meant as a tool to check and clean accidental duplicated stuff from the map.
For things which are overlapping, but the properties do not fully match exactly, it throws that log for you to see and debug it yourself.

For example:
Log: Brush221 - Brush222 differs by Rotation
means that both of these brushes are exactly the same, at the same location, etc, and they only differ by their rotation.

Log: Brush185 - Brush285 differs by CsgOper
means these brushes only differ by their CSG operation (additive or subtractive, if I am not mistaken).

Additionally, it also purges deleted actors which may still linger in the map, hidden and inaccessible, just wasting space in the map file, which could be the result of some bad Undo operation (the editor had some bugs like that, most of which should be fixed by now).
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Feralidragon wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:30 pm It makes all actors from that group "unselectable", in other words, by locking a group you can no longer select any actors from it (until you unlock it again, of course).
Basically is the same kind of feature you have in programs like Photoshop, Gimp, etc, where you can lock layers with the same effect.
I can select actors from group with padlock. In any way. Click with Ctrl, Ctrl+A, rectangle by mouse and Ctrl+Alt.
After selection I can drag it with Ctrl and so on.

What you mean by "unselectable"?
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

That's exactly what I mean.
But I just tried it and it seems indeed broken.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

At first I was of course eagerly anticipating the new community patch release, after trying it out I'm kinda disappointed from a developer's point of view tho:

- Custom renders aren't recognized by the engine anymore, even if the designated render DLL exists, the engine doesn't recognize it... new c++ package implementation macros?
- Some custom DLLs give an entry point error for standard functions like "TwoWallAdjust" - its a standard movement function in AActor and I dont know why this error is appearing while loading custom DLLs using this function, I assume it's a header mismatch between ut 436 public headers and changed ut 469b headers - the oldunreal team should really consider releasing public headers of at least Core and Engine! I hope this will be done in conjunction with their SDK release they were teasering
- Non-Script C++ classes now require Unreal Script versions, if they get referenced in another class on Unreal Script level - THIS is really the worst instability here, since 469b the compiler needs to have UC versions of C++ classes - this is a total no-go

Of course I'm going to mention these issues at github, too..

So for now I have no option but to stick with 469a
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

//Shadow.CanSee(Ya);

Oh... well... it's nice to meet you around...
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Yeah, good to be back. Had some very rough years starting with 2013, but continued SDK development since last year with full steam, getting it updated to work at least with 469a and implementing new features.
gargul2
Average

Post by gargul2 »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:05 pm
gargul2 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:47 pm
Alcoholodeck16 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:38 pm I still have performance issues with XOpenGL. I still get brutal FPS Drops on Win 10, RX 480 and Intel i5 4460. Maybe i should go back to utglr. I wonder if this is actually an AMD issue. OpenGL performance doesn't seem as good as it used to be.
There is already a thread on the github bug tracker, with such performance issues: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/114
So I've posted your issue: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... -802839572
That issue looks like it's been closed - I presume the devs don't revisit closed issues.
Then you are very wrong, they have replied: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... -803708604
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

gargul2 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:53 pm Then you are very wrong, they have replied: https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... -803708604
That's good then!
Feralidragon
Godlike

Post by Feralidragon »

I want to note that apparently some issues were closed automatically after some time, for some reason (at least Higor noticed one of them), which was not intended.
Not sure if it's the case here, but either way, even if an issue is closed, it can still be replied to and even potentially reopened.

The devs will look at pretty much everything, as much as it's actually possible.
Remember there are pretty much just 2 developers for UT99 alone, even if there's a strong community helping them in testing and other things, so they may not reply immediately, or may even forget to reply.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Issue closed because someone push commit (or approve pull request :tongue: ) with info like
Fix #1234.
So Github automatically close issue 1234.

But close issue or not, all ppl in issue got notification about new messages on issue.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

@buggie

hi I don't know if this is related to path 469b or some kind of error..

but sometimes when I activate BrasilTauntV1 using both the mouse and the keyboard, only the text comes out and the voice does not come out...

can you tell me something?
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666