2 postings forced

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
pTaarmi

2 postings forced

Post by pTaarmi »

I know, i know...just registrating to download needed files is bullshit, but to force 2 postings, too =) In my opinion nobody can force somebody to be an active board member, or what is your intention by doing that restriction?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: 2 postings forced

Post by Creavion »

pTaarmi wrote:I know, i know...just registrating to download needed files is bullshit, but to force 2 postings, too =) In my opinion nobody can force somebody to be an active board member, or what is your intention by doing that restriction?
That may be right, but traffic can be very expensive. That wouldn`t be really cool, if everybody download only and leave again. Only costs but we wouldn`t get anything back from the community. I think, 2 posts are fair and can be made very quickly, if anybody don`t like this forum here. Besides, we realize who spams only and who not.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
[MS]Kalku
Average

Post by [MS]Kalku »

some people like to take take take without giving alittle back!!! :cry:
DANdan

Post by DANdan »

......i feel posting is a good idea .... it will encourage open discussion... and flow of ideas....between members, ,,,,in return we get access to files and other members experiences,
,,,,fair trade? i think so ,,,,, :bio:
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

I think we should have a system where the most posts you have the more downloads.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Dare wrote:I think we should have a system where the most posts you have the more downloads.
Definitly No. That might inspire someone to boost his post count by writing tons of senseless posts just to have access to more downloads than others have - But for me: Smart activity and clever posting > Overall Post Count. The general restriction concerning min. Post Counts in order to gain access to downloads is a good thing. (Mass) Post Count is irrelevant. Resistance is futile. You'll have to become an active member posting useful threads and articles - End of transmission.
[MS]Kalku
Average

Post by [MS]Kalku »

maybe give access to those who actually participate in the community..hence post and help others :) and for those who dont wanna do that, have a donation vip thing so as if someone donates he gets access without waiting :)
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

[MS]Kalku wrote:maybe give access to those who actually participate in the community..hence post and help others :) and for those who dont wanna do that, have a donation vip thing so as if someone donates he gets access without waiting :)
OMD, this is getting serious and creepy anywise.
Who the hell should control all this? That would mean that poor noobs would be left stranded... :o
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Creavion wrote: OMD, this is getting serious and creepy anywise.
Who the hell should control all this? That would mean that poor noobs would be left stranded... :o
yawp, and that's not the goal of any community
warsong

Post by warsong »

I don't like this thing - being forced to post in order to access the downloads section...Anyway, this is my first post...just one more to go.... :P
{SBZ}_BaDaSS
Average

Post by {SBZ}_BaDaSS »

I just had the greatest idea... :!:

Create your own forum and stop coming here to biatch.......... :lol2:
milbenplage
Novice

Post by milbenplage »

It's not like that this site is the only one that offers those downloads. Personally I wouldn't mind if you have to have 2000 posts till you get access to those downloads. Calm down guys!
P.S. The simplest (?) solution would be to delete the download section^^. No downloads -> no forced posts ->no spam ->no ban.

OK...here's the real suggestion: Increase the number of posts you have to have to lets say 20 and hide the download section from anyone who's postcount is below that number. If you don't know that you'll get access to a download section after posting some senseless post's you won't post senseless shit just to get access...
pro4tho

Post by pro4tho »

i think if some people really want to download they just post somthing it's only 2 postes not very much
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

For these people there is an Off-Topic Category where they can post (nearly) what they want. :agree1:

The 2 posts limit gives the users the chance to look around here. If they dont like the forum -> Offtopic, 2 posts.
Otherwise... welcome and happy posting :)
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Shade wrote:For these people there is an Off-Topic Category where they can post (nearly) what they want. :agree1:

The 2 posts limit gives the users the chance to look around here. If they dont like the forum -> Offtopic, 2 posts.
Otherwise... welcome and happy posting :)
I agree, and for other hand, we can do some statistics about how many people still enjoy to play the old UT GOTY. :idea: :tu: