Tater
Average

Re: Renaming a .u package

Post by Tater »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:08 am
Tater wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:59 pm Oh and yes UT4BarretRifleV2 is fine
Caveat - not tested - simply followed sektor's intructions which produced this
UT4BarretRifleV2.u.zip
When I open a practice session in the game the weapon doesn't show. It's there to choose but when entering the game there's nothing
[Public]
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNArenaBolt,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="FUNBarret")
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNBarret,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentWeapon,Description="Classification: Ultra long Range Ballistic Assassin Rifle")
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNTrans,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentWeapon,Description="Classification:[UT4]Trans")
This is the .int
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

That doesn't do too much except when weapon has a configuration that has access from game's preferences menu. In other hand if package has a sort of arena mutator, only that sort of thing does whatever listing, else I don't get what else should happen.

Like I said, testing means summon command, weapon doesn't simply show from nowhere. Either way THIS int

Code: Select all

[Public]
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNArenaBolt,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Description="FUNBarret")
Preferences=(Caption="Mutators",Parent="Advanced Options")
Preferences=(Caption="FunBarret",Parent="Mutators",Class=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNArenaBolt,Immediate=True)
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNBarret,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentWeapon,Description="Classification: Ultra long Range Ballistic Assassin Rifle")
Object=(Name=UT4BarretRifleV2.FUNTrans,Class=Class,MetaClass=Botpack.TournamentWeapon,Description="Classification:[UT4]Trans")
allows listing through mutators and YOU NEED to Pick It for being used.
Barret_Mutator.PNG
Now let me see if package posted by Oijtroc has normal integrity because the file which I've exported it looks functional (but it uses old package for some reasons )... perhaps it has old hard-coded calls from mutator and properties accordingly...

Code: Select all

else if (!Other.IsA(WeaponName))
         {
               Fourth = Spawn(class'UT4BarretRifleV1.FUNBarret'); //LOL
		       Fourth.SetLocation(Other.Location);
		       Fourth.SetRotation(Other.Rotation);
		       return false;
		  }
To not forget that for a server this package has to be placed in ServerPackages or else there is nothing to see in clients...
Edit:
Now let me solve mutator because it does calls to old weapon... These properties weren't normally visible and then... we have to adjust a bit this mutator... and making properties visible.
Edit2: I studied package and we have a surprise (conforming package perhaps would be easier...). All codes concerning whatever internal class are calling OLD package name, all these calls should be pointed to newer package... or removed package calls allowing only class call. Never mind I'll edit them all.
And then... package it looks like has a configuration menu allowing user to control "features" - it's not like a dedicated server has a menu... In this case package being dedicated to a hard-coded name, simply morphing it won't help, but it's still doable, every single class calling package must be edited... cough...
Edit3:I think I've done it...
UT4BarretRifleV2.7z
(722.41 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Internal assets calling "V1" were modified for calling "V2" - these being re-compiled still without a source-code, but using Editor with internal data loaded... these resources are a bit more harder to manage than textures and sounds...
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Sektor, YOU DA MAN! Everything comes up just as need, thank you all very much.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Hey guys, I got another issue I could use help with if you don't mind. It has to do with another rifle and the .int so I figured that I'd just put it here. The rifle is the USMC Sniper Rifle. When I first got it there wasn't a .int with it so I used UTINITGENERATOR with no luck. I can load the package into the "actor classes" in the editor but every time I try and place it nothing appears. In a practice session again, there's nothing in my hands even when using "summon" I've attached the .uc and existing int. I'm not sure how they should load but it looks like the "usmcsniperarena and USMCSRMute" are the only things loading. Any help would be appreciated.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tater wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:39 pm Hey guys, I got another issue I could use help with if you don't mind. It has to do with another rifle and the .int so I figured that I'd just put it here. The rifle is the USMC Sniper Rifle. When I first got it there wasn't a .int with it so I used UTINITGENERATOR with no luck. I can load the package into the "actor classes" in the editor but every time I try and place it nothing appears. In a practice session again, there's nothing in my hands even when using "summon" I've attached the .uc and existing int. I'm not sure how they should load but it looks like the "usmcsniperarena and USMCSRMute" are the only things loading. Any help would be appreciated.
I've got the USMCSniperRifle.u and summoning it in game works OK for me - have just tried it - what does your UT.Log say when you try to summon it? What does the Editor.Log say when you try to use it in the Editor?

The .int looks OK - having compared it to the one I have.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I just got it, thanks. I found a .u and .int and all is fine.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

OjitroC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:58 pm
Tater wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:39 pm Hey guys, I got another issue I could use help with if you don't mind. It has to do with another rifle and the .int so I figured that I'd just put it here. The rifle is the USMC Sniper Rifle. When I first got it there wasn't a .int with it so I used UTINITGENERATOR with no luck. I can load the package into the "actor classes" in the editor but every time I try and place it nothing appears. In a practice session again, there's nothing in my hands even when using "summon" I've attached the .uc and existing int. I'm not sure how they should load but it looks like the "usmcsniperarena and USMCSRMute" are the only things loading. Any help would be appreciated.
I've got the USMCSniperRifle.u and summoning it in game works OK for me - have just tried it - what does your UT.Log say when you try to summon it? What does the Editor.Log say when you try to use it in the Editor?

The .int looks OK - having compared it to the one I have.
Do you have any issue with the translocator with this USMCSniperRifle? The gun works fine but I can't get it to switch weapons.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Tater wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:35 pm Do you have any issue with the translocator with this USMCSniperRifle? The gun works fine but I can't get it to switch weapons.
The USMCSniperRifle mutator works OK - it replaces just any default sniper rifle (and ammo) that may be in a map with the USMCSniperRifle so the translocator can be used with that mutator.

The USMCSniperRifle Arena mutator removes everything, including the translocator, and replaces everything in a map with the USMCSniperRifle (and ammo). So, no - there's nothing to switch to if you use the Arena mutator.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I was running it with both the USMCSniperRifle and the Arena loaded but if I removed the Arena and just left the rifle it wouldn't load anything. I was looking at other rifle code and found that a lot of them have a HUDMutator so I made a USMCHUDMutator and now I can load the HUD and not the arena