Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by OjitroC »

The further adventures of Konoko

Shot00514.png
"I need your help!" Lost forever inside a map!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 pm"I need your help!" Lost forever inside a map!
What map is that?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:48 am
OjitroC wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:14 pm"I need your help!" Lost forever inside a map!
What map is that?
That's MH-MHF-[RMD]Sironex.unr.

There's another version - MH-MHF-[RMD]FV1Sironex.unr - which fixes the hole into which Konoko fell (it's actually quite a large part of a hillside) but ... introduces an invisible wall and something much more bizarre - the whole map is underwater!!

These two maps are examples of a mapper not (a) playing the map much and (b) not checking the log (or ignoring what it says), before releasing it.

Some of the errors include : gasbags are spawned from SpawnPoints and not via factories; Warlords have their meshes swapped for Moon1, which has no animations, with the result that they merely move around and can't fire projectiles and the log is spammed by 'missing anims' messages; an overabundance of PathNodes for a relatively small map; a paucity of weapons; a barely reachable mover in water that moves when touched so that it is impossible to get into it; 12 - 16 recommended players but not enough PlayerStarts for 16 players; Giant Mantas given a RangedAttack that doesn't work; several Skaarj Berserkers in the same room of a house with the obvious consequences; etc.

There's a new BSP hole in FV1Sironex as ammo falls out of the world.

The idea is good, the execution flawed - both can be played of course but keep away from the sides in Sironex. A regen for health is required for playing FV1Sironex or one will soon drown.

Both can be found on UnrealArchive > Latest Additions.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

OjitroC wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:35 amMH-MHF-[RMD]Sironex.unr
Another master piece of Torus labs :loool:

BTW: my screenshot above was from map "MH-ADV_Assault[Remidas]", also build by that mapper. That map also has at least two areas with BSP holes.

What a shame that UnrealArchive.or has no comment function...
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I don't get for which reasons these "mappers" are not banned for what they do in community. This is a "deja vu", by looking there I feel like watching n00bs in 2004-2008+ "try this" "let's see if it works" "I did not know blah blah".
Their Read-Me should have a small errata at Known Bugs:
ReadMeFile wrote: ...
Known Bugs: Fore mentioned Author called by friends UT "mapper" and floating around like a lost boat.
CopyRights: Never touch my trash, leave players to get frustrated as much as possible and admins to get mad.
etc - blabbering useless directives about sudden Server needs for this garbage supposed map. I did not made map for game-play, I made it for demonstrating that I can create UNR files. Happy Hosting !
PS: Perhaps also it's time for originality. A little and naughty actor acting like a decoration with stripped code might take care about map for not being adjusted at title or author and recovering original data if a sudden "mapper" is signing map and removing original author... or simply ruining it automatically if it has been "over-signed".
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:58 pm I don't get for which reasons these "mappers" are not banned for what they do in community. This is a "deja vu", by looking there I feel like watching n00bs in 2004-2008+ "try this" "let's see if it works" "I did not know blah blah".
"floating like a lost boat" is very apt for FV1Sironex!

Konoko swims over to visit some Berserkers ...
Shot00517.png

and, later, a tentacle and a fly
Shot00518.png

Later, in the first Sironex, to test out a theory she flies (yes, Konoko can fly!) over to chat to some Behemoths - "they're very friendly"
Shot00521.png

Found another nasty BSP in a cave in FV1Sironex, plus some non-attacking tentacles in the houses inhabited by Krall and Skaarj Warrior-types and "ScriptLog: MH-MHF-[RMD]FV1Sironex.Squid2 Error - PlayRangedAttack should be implemented in subclass".

Neither map is recommended for play on-line or for serious play off-line (though the original Sironex is OK off-line if one keeps an eye open for the BSP holes). If one fancies some swimming (with a health regen and an insta-kill weapon) then FV1Sironex is pointless fun for a few minutes.

FV1Sironex can't have been tested before release (presumably as a fix for the first version).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Nephew's new model · viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14494
Attachments
Shot0164.png
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

That's what I call Quality
DmBuD-IPCity.zip
(1.31 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Original author is Juergen Vierheilig

Also, can you check if the map requires other packages? Cause I found this when was seeking city maps for Unreal, and there were much maps with same textures.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm
Also, can you check if the package requires others? Cause I found this when was seeking city maps for Unreal, and there were much maps with same textures.
Yes, a nice map - one of a number of versions of Zahltag, this one BUD style.

Looks like the map requires
dino081199.utx
dinosound111199.uax

The rest should be default Unrea/UT textures.
Rikia
Experienced
Personal rank: Masterful

Post by Rikia »

OjitroC wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:50 pm
Rikia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pm
Also, can you check if the package requires others? Cause I found this when was seeking city maps for Unreal, and there were much maps with same textures.
Yes, a nice map - one of a number of versions of Zahltag, this one BUD style.

Looks like the map requires
dino081199.utx
dinosound111199.uax

The rest should be default Unrea/UT textures.
Here are them
Unreal1ZahltagTexSnd.zip
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 9 times
Also, what is BUD style?
Is there other versions of map for Unreal?(I know the original was made for UT) Like bigger sizes for example?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Rikia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:58 pm Also, what is BUD style?
Is there other versions of map for Unreal?(I know the original was made for UT) Like bigger sizes for example?
I think BUD sytle is to do with the decorations/textures - there's a BUD version of DarkCIty for Unreal as well.

See this for more Zahltag versions for Unreal - can't remember which ones are larger, possibly ZahltagOps and ZahltagSniper.

Also check out the [SP] city maps on Unreal Archive as well for more large Unreal city maps.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Rikia wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:31 pmThat's what I call Quality
I have that map, have had it for nearly a decade... though under a different name, I think.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:06 am I have that map, have had it for nearly a decade... though under a different name, I think.
I'm sure you have - I've got 20+ versions of Zahltag under a variety of names; most of them work in both Unreal and UT.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Bits from recent projects...
Attachments
Shot0094.png
Shot0060.png
Shot0037.png
Shot0007.png
Shot0001.png
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

i took some Blice shots!!! 8) Beautiful map Feralidragon, thanks. :D
Well, someone also mentioned Fragnbrag's awesome Big and Ugly recently, one of my favorite CTF maps. So I figured, I have some shots I took a few days ago. So I will upload them too. :D First 3 Big and Ugly, last 3 Blice. Man, the game sure looks beautiful with the 469b. I'm on Chris Dohnal's OpenGL btw, but it has to be this SHADER_ARB that comes enabled by default, isn't it?
Attachments
Shot00743.png
Shot00738.png
Shot00726.png
Shot00925.png
Shot00922.png
Shot00900.png