Editor viewports

External tools, software and sites for creating or editing UT99 resources.
Tater
Average

Editor viewports

Post by Tater »

Is there a setting or something that I've missed that will allow UED2 to start with all viewports active? I've been trying to find this for quite some time now but I recently upgraded to 469b and now the viewports go inactive each time I test a map.

By "active" I mean that when I move something in 1 viewport the other viewports are dynamically updated.
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Editor viewports

Post by OjitroC »

In the Editor menu, have you tried View > Viewpoints > Configure?

They should stay the same each time you open the Editor and open a map. If they're blank, have you checked that the Editor.ini is updating and isn't write protected?
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Been there, it's not a "viewport" thing where they aren't showing. I want them to update in realtime. I used to have to click the joystick in the upper left corner of the viewport when the editor was first opened to do that. Now it has to be done after each testing of the map.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yeah, I see what you mean - the behaviour in the 469b Editor is certainly different to that in the 436 Editor. Perhaps you should raise this as an issue on the OldUnreal 469 patch 'page' on GitHub.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

I was working on a map, in 436, that kept crashing when lighting changed and you looked in 1 direction. I updated to 469.b and the map works just as it should. I'm happy with that aspect of it so I guess for now I'll just have to deal with it.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

Tater wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:28 pm Now it has to be done after each testing of the map.
It deactivates real-time preview because otherwise, with the 3D viewport, you would hear the sound of the editor (the sound of whatever ambiantsound you had around the camera) in the background while testing your map.
I don't think there's a way to reenable realtime preview when the game shuts down. You should ask on OldUnreal if they can implement something like that.
You must construct additional pylons.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Hellkeeper wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:49 am I don't think there's a way to reenable realtime preview when the game shuts down. You should ask on OldUnreal if they can implement something like that.
Done - well, I've just reported the difference in behaviour between the Editors in 436 and 469b.
Tater
Average

Post by Tater »

Thanks for your answers guys. I guess I won't be "testing" as often or just save it and test it outside of the editor.