Request for repairing my UT99 CD image

Do you search a certain mutator, mod, skin, map, everything else?
Barbie
Godlike

Request for repairing my UT99 CD image

Post by Barbie »

My first contact with Unreal was with a CD that was an addition to a graphic card, then UT99 came as an addition to another graphic card. Unfortunately the UT99 CD was vanished and so I bought a version of UT99; all this was years ago. With v469 I wanted to install that on an original fresh installed UT99, but that §$%&! CD has errors (see H2CDImage-UT99-CD.jpg).

Now my request: if anyone has the same CD ("UT_CD1_400D") it would be nice if he can complete my ISO image - only 786 sectors are missing. I have scratched all other sectors with the program H2CDImage.
Attachments
UT99-CD.png
UT99-Case.png
dir.txt
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
H2CDImage-UT99-CD.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Request for repairing my UT99 CD image

Post by papercoffee »

Oh no it's CD rot ... :?
Some CDs, mostly the home burned one will become unreadable with time.

Maybe one of our collectors can help?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Why not seek out Unreal Anthology? It has all the patches in its install, minus 469 and the newest MonsterHunt.

Though, on a side note, I do actually still have the original installation for UT... both CDs. Might have more than 1 set, vaguely recall a friend giving me his on top of the ones I already had.
Attachments
zzzzzzzClip0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:11 pmI do actually still have the original installation for UT... both CDs
Thanks, but it seems to be another version (beside others file "00000409.016" instead of "00000809.016"). So completing the CD sectors is not possible.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

If the disc is scratched, use an eraser for pencils(not attached to a pencil that's like playing Russian roulette) and rub pretty hard around the area of the scratches, you will eventually smooth the area enough so the laser will be able to read the data without deflecting on deep scratches. I've done this many times over the years and got pretty much every disc to work after trial and error, even ones badly damaged by xbox 360's being nudged while spinning a disc.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:31 pmThanks, but it seems to be another version.
Possible, maybe even likely. My friend was one of the beta testers for UT before it was released, so he likely got one of the first original versions when UT went public.

What year did you get your CD?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758