Monster Hunt Maps & configuration

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Monster Hunt Maps & configuration

Post by sektor2111 »

kaneder wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm also: anyone know what exactly I could edit to get MH504 & MH2Gold both to be selectable on my Practice Session menu but named differently?
These are INT files that can be moved out of game or back inside using two BAT files - PC operating more exactly. Two shortcuts will launch commands copying whatever game-type. I don't now if gold has an INT or properties opened in Preferences but 504 I think works with original MonsterHunt INT file. Anyway, these to me are history. I'm playing XC_MonsterHunt for having fun with Monsters not looking at Scoreboards, and then for me a high charged design it's not important at all - personally I don't care about Scoreboards, goal is to stay alive not dead looking at Scores and to see game working properly, Armed Skaarj, Decals, Effects, good replication of these details and nothing else not related for hunting monsters, nor monsters attacking players through innocent doors and all that trash On-Line MH.
kaneder
Novice

Post by kaneder »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:07 pm
kaneder wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm also: anyone know what exactly I could edit to get MH504 & MH2Gold both to be selectable on my Practice Session menu but named differently?
These are INT files that can be moved out of game or back inside using two BAT files - PC operating more exactly. Two shortcuts will launch commands copying whatever game-type. I don't now if gold has an INT or properties opened in Preferences but 504 I think works with original MonsterHunt INT file. Anyway, these to me are history. I'm playing XC_MonsterHunt for having fun with Monsters not looking at Scoreboards, and then for me a high charged design it's not important at all - personally I don't care about Scoreboards, goal is to stay alive not dead looking at Scores and to see game working properly, Armed Skaarj, Decals, Effects, good replication of these details and nothing else not related for hunting monsters, nor monsters attacking players through innocent doors and all that trash On-Line MH.
playing around with xc_monsterhunt (still, scoreboard looks nice & I like the amp damage ui and shield belt effect, spawn and pickup sounds too) the install was easy enough, we'll run it through some maps... already can see some differences in the way monsters act, maybe not as intended though? mh-lonely the enemies outside the gate are attacking the sky? they fall in the lava. was testing friendly fire and got killed by horsefly? is that anti team kill feature? lol! Not here to critique xc just wonder if this is an issue with the map or with the xc_mh? one map was rotating between old models and new models when I died, is that something I can config? or a map bug? (ma-nightdefence)

ran mh-skaarjtowerf got the code below over and over. sorry for all the questions, i'm just trying to get stable.

Code: Select all

DevPath: Scout didn't fit
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 2 times.
Log: [CG] ActorInfo::IsValid -> Using invalid object
XC_Engine: === Last line repeats 45 times.
Log: [CG] Allocating extra element holder for ActorInfo
Log: [CG] Allocated element holder for ActorInfo with 1500 entries
any advice?
edit: think i fixed my own problem by setting bCollisionHashHook=False ... this the right move? the lines of code were causing my ping to skyrocket. and the enemies outside the gate on lonely are attacking the horsefies :) not a big deal i guess just silly. and sektor, you weren't kidding, xc_mh fixed all of my 'attacking through doors' scenarios that other versions had issues with
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

kaneder wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:51 am...
Please refrain from double posting within a 24 hour limit when no one has already answered after you. We allow our member to edit their posts to add new content.

house-rules
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Horseflies story I already discarded from discussion in another related topic. Let's see, they won't spawn On-Line unless are mapped or a mutator is used - read this again.
What are horseflies ? Are FlockPawns. What are FlockPawns ?
LoathSome's "angry birds" and plain biterfish biting a victim - yes, they can be aggressive but ignored by attitude code. Why a Bot would be killed here out of a normal reaction ? Now THAT's MORE silly. You can imagine that the code even in future updates won't except these, perhaps testing collision... and preventing colliding these. Next question was about some mutator leaving player unarmed - not my mutator and XC_MH has configurable replacements itself doing things normally...

XC_Engine it's mandatory but not everything from it - as I said.
Here I went for disabling EventChain - it did not really helped me, the mostly was crashing game because of features intended probably to make mapper to stay at a vegetable level, game doing the work for him. You must have paths and no extra blabbering. Enhancing DevPath has benefits but other stuff brute-forcing reachspecs to non navigation actors based on some events it's not what I want, maps are too flawed here, it's waste of resources ending to a critical crash - see that CTF crash somewhere in forum concerning a Mover which doesn't exist, I don't need such things then because it's not a particular case.
MH-LandsOfNapali - was the moment when I removed EventChain. That grate to WayPoint was activated by a counter which was counting some dinosaurs from a longer range. All I saw in stage were bots looping on the hill and not hunting dinosaurs, and a broken game. Good luck with Event chain and with GiantManta thing (was in comment) "doesn't work for GiantManta for some reason". Reason is ReachSpec SIZE, collision accepted more exactly - not "some reason" but a logic math reason.
Plain paths are using max 70×70 and monster has 46×90. 90 size won't fit into a 70 spot - never.
Note: sektor in 2021 has Titan paths and perhaps I'll sample a demo attack of GiantManta. Of course, specs needs to be wisely edited or else we are moving in walls... We have tools, the knowledge is required and not "Editor doesn't do this", I passed that Level.
Ubir4
Adept

Post by Ubir4 »

kaneder wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:04 pm We ended up playing a match last night on MH-CrystalMine3 and it was really fun. I edited my config above to match a few things we changed. Even with the 5 min. rewards, it was really difficult because of the health limit and no regenerating ammo. I liked that a lot (we finished in around an hour and a half) but I had to fix a couple things. The Bastard Sword took over my weapon priority so I had to edit my User.ini. Also the super health award wasn't awarding anything past 200 HP which I realized had to do with my Nali profile so I edited that to match my max health of 999. I loaded it as a mutator for the gametype so it was different than my other Nali game modes. I originally had even more basic rewards like the jump boots but those along with the MH2 redeemer dropped onto the ground instead of directly to the inventory, so I removed the boots and used the default botpack redeemer.

=MERGED=
Red_Fist wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:05 pm Ah nope, it's not an MH map :cry:
https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1573

, you could also setup a SP oldskool server and set it to Coop, almost the same as MH. But there is a whole lot of SP maps around. I wonder if there is a MH version of this map.
I'm curious, what would happen if I renamed this map to MH- and loaded it like it was Monster Hunt? I have Oldskool installed, just not sure what to look for to know if it's not working as intended?
Anyone have this: [UT] The Last Fortress - Final