Toxikk?

Discussions about everything else
JimmyCognitti

Toxikk?

Post by JimmyCognitti »

With UT4 deader than dead Toxikk is the closest thing to a new UT game. I guess some of you already know there's a free to play version on Steam (with some obvious limitations) and I'd kinda like to get the full retail one.
What do you guys think? Have you played this game? Is it worth it?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Toxikk?

Post by EvilGrins »

Never heard of it.

Last game Epic put out, that I heard about, which was like UT was Paragon · https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/107764.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Post by esnesi »

One of the only games i truly had my hopes up for making it.
Sadly it was dead from the start.

https://steamcharts.com/app/324810
Although i do spot a rising trend on players? 154 ^^
Did they had a sale on Steam ?

The game truly feels good if you're not a big fan of the movement and physics in 2kx imo.
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

From what I've seen, Toxxik seems to be UT2004 with UT3 graphics, that's good, but that probably won't scratch the hitch UT99 does.
You must construct additional pylons.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Please correct me if wrong, but it says the free edition has no bots and no server browser, and the maps must be unlocked by achievements? :? So you download just to see the few maps available, but cannot play them? Or can you, somehow?
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

There might be a matchmaking system to let you play on random maps against random people? Weird at any rate.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TankBeef wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:46 am Please correct me if wrong, but it says the free edition has no bots and no server browser, and the maps must be unlocked by achievements? :? So you download just to see the few maps available, but cannot play them? Or can you, somehow?
When you play online you can play any map and mode ...but you can't select them for private play in the demo.
I have Toxikk and play it here and then because even the bots are fun to play against. I think online are only a few hardcore fans still playing.
I prefer it over UT2k4 because of their cool Mechas and the temp invisibility which lasts only a few seconds but recharges and can be used more then once in a match.
But what I really like the most is the one button dodge function ...everything gets so much faster than UT2k4 ever was.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Thanks papercoffee. There are some "ut-likes" around. I saw a trailer fo this early access called Master Arena, also "Unreal Engine powered". Has anyone tried it?
The one I have played is Xonotic, not too much, but it is fun, mostly with bots, cause I admit it, I get crushed by online players, I still can't get the jumpy movement right. :facepalm: UT99 feels much closer to home to me.
JimmyCognitti

Post by JimmyCognitti »

papercoffee wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:42 pmI have Toxikk and play it here and then because even the bots are fun to play against.
Well, it does look like a fun game after all. And there's a small modding community so it might be worth a try.