The Spamming.

Do you want to say something about UT99.org?
[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept
Personal rank: DoCker!

The Spamming.

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

Hey guys.

I finally wanted to post about this.
I personally find it annoying that people can only download after doing 2 posts because such posts are mostly just like "hello" "I agree" "I want aimbot" "I love UT"
The same goes for the topics they create and just put their two posts in.
Always I click on "View new posts" I just see every day 5 new topics or more of a guy that just postet to get acces for download section.
I can understand you want to get this place active about that way but I think thats the wrong way for it because surely you get a lot of new members but more then the half of the registered people on this board are just people spamming for the download.
Hope you understand what I mean...
I mean its difficult to find the usefull topics at least and Im sick of checking every topic or just see the forum full of such posts by name=abc bla bla bla.
I would let them get download after registration and if they like to post something they will do but forcing them to do just fills up the forum with rubbish :(

Greetz
---It Is Fatal To Enter Any War Without The Will To Win It---
-General Douglas MacArthur-
Raynor
Adept

Re: The Spamming.

Post by Raynor »

I somewhat agree with you. These useless lol/agree/dfsffs posts do not add any value to forum. People do their two posts and then they're gone forever (mostly). I guess the initial idea force users to post was because to get more members, but what's the point if they will not stay?
Better make download section free for all (or at least remove 2 post requirement) to keep forum more clean and let's focus on quality not quantity.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

I fully agree with both of you. Its annoying everybody... the users, the staff, me...
With the new Website for UT99.org, which i am working at, will not have that 2 posts rule. The new rule will be there: As higher your postcount as higher your downloadspeed. But dont worry...the postcounts you need for a better downloadspeed is high enough to avoid spam. (I dont think that somebody will make 30 spamposts for faster downloadspeed... because writing them costs much time too :P )

So far...
I hope we can release the 2nd Community Mappack, the new Website and the UT99.org UT Community Server (with the maps from the mappack) at the same time. So it will be a big event. :tu:
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept
Personal rank: DoCker!

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

that sounds good.
cant wait for it :P
---It Is Fatal To Enter Any War Without The Will To Win It---
-General Douglas MacArthur-
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Shade,
When's the next Community Mappack being released? And will it be at Filefront? Before Christmas maybe? I'm itching for some new maps.. :)

Todd
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

It will be released definetly in January 2009. We will upload it on ut99.org of course, maybe you will find it on BU and maybe you can also download it from filefront. ;)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

simple solution.. require 1 month membership :)
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Qwerty wrote:simple solution.. require 1 month membership :)
simple answer, that would be even more crappy...
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
sfb
Personal rank: The Perpendicular

Post by sfb »

I agree.

;)

Here I am, posting a second time just to get to the downloads section. I don't like it - I don't want to clutter the forum with junk that isn't worth reading, I feel bad about it. However, you have downloads and I would like access to them, so here I am.
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

well then why dont you guys just allow only registered users to download. Im sure you host allocated with you with enough monthly bandwidth. I mean how many web hits are you getting for downloads? I would just ask for donations some place to cover the costs. I mean or open a private filefront.. it offers great speed and reliabilty. Also you guys are really far behind in regards to mods an mutator downloads. It seems im the only one posting all the new crap that comes out :/
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB
TREATY
Novice

Post by TREATY »

Qwerty wrote:simple solution.. require 1 month membership :)

I like that idea alot. But it would be better if there where more requirments for users. Such as:

have been an active member for a month

have MADE 10 or more post that benifit the community and are related to seriouse issues nothing like " Hi Guys" as the topic and just a bunch of jiberish, im mean i can understand in the interduction area, that was put there for that reason

A good clean record, not randomly spamming and intentionaly pissing people off

I believe that being able to download certain things is a privledge not a right. many people take time out of there day to supply us with entertainment, those that just take with out saying thankyou ( so to say) shouldnt have that privledge.

just my little imput

TREATY