Nevermind

Discussions about everything else
MrBin
Personal rank: Unreal noob

Nevermind

Post by MrBin »

No.
Last edited by MrBin on Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: [TBD] Harry Potter ReMastered

Post by papercoffee »

MrBin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 pmBecause the game is legally in a grey area,
What do you mean with grey area?
MrBin
Personal rank: Unreal noob

Re: Nevermind

Post by MrBin »

Hey, I took a damn lot of time to write that, I'm not really expressive. Is this the only I get? Well goodbye, I don't have to take this. If only such thing really matters (really nothing else does?), I'd encourage you to check what kind of deal did EA and Warner Bros. had, and evaluate how much would EA care under such situation today, nearly 20 years later.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

MrBin wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am Hey, I took a damn lot of time to write that, I'm not really expressive. Is this the only I get? Well goodbye, I don't have to take this.
Ok, first of all, I am still sort of new here, and not very expressive either, but that does not give anyone an excuse for such immature comments. I have no idea if you are trolling, these days you cannot know for sure, but if you are not, then let me give you some news: no one here is obliged to help you if they don't want to, members usually do help, but because they love this game and the community. No one is getting paid here, no one owes you anything. Do you understand? Second, and worst of all, you don't have to be like the airport and announce your departure, you want to leave? Ok, the door is open my friend, just go. And take your whining elsewhere. :?
So you took a "lot of time to write", really? What was it? Don Quixote? You want a medal? :facepalm:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, I missed the initial post... so I'll just work with this.
MrBin wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:02 pmNo.
Yes!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome to the forums...

To be fair, we are mostly focused on 1 game in this forum (Unreal Tournament) so thats why it likely wasn't a very active topic here. OldUnreal forums might cover what you want with that project, as there are sections for some other Unreal Engine 1 games there.

Also:
MrBin wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am Hey, I took a damn lot of time to write that, I'm not really expressive. Is this the only I get?...
Then why did you trash that post, dude?! Big nono in these forums to do that. You really overreacted there. Many of the more knoledgeable people log in here like once a week or so, so you definetly could've waited a bit more for help.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Perhaps MrBin could be Mr. Bean ?
Ah, indeed perhaps it doesn't mind...

Either way, Welcome !
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

MrBin wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:31 am Hey, I took a damn lot of time to write that, I'm not really expressive. Is this the only I get? Well goodbye, I don't have to take this. If only such thing really matters (really nothing else does?), I'd encourage you to check what kind of deal did EA and Warner Bros. had, and evaluate how much would EA care under such situation today, nearly 20 years later.
I should have quoted your entire post if I had known how this would blow up.
Yes I was interested in what grey area this beta source code of that Harry Potter game would be ... and why?
Because every grey area in another country can mean a black and white in a different one.
Just because they won't care for an old game doesn't mean they wouldn't care about their trademark rights... if they still have them.

Instead to explain you reacted inadequate and not like some passionate developer... or better said, like a grown up person.