[FanTopic] Best tracks from the OST?

Discussions about UT99
Neon_Knight
Adept

[FanTopic] Best tracks from the OST?

Post by Neon_Knight »

For the purposes of the thread, we'll stick only to the official UT OST, a.k.a. the tracks that come with the game. Otherwise the thread will be derailed.

One of the strongest points the Unreal series has across all of its iterations is the music. It's impossible to think on maps set in outer space (especially maps with two towers at opposite sides of a platform/asteroid) without Michiel van den Bos's iconic "Foregone Destruction" playing on your head. Or any iteration of Deck or HyperBlast without Alexander Brandon's "Go Down" doing the same.

What are your favorite tracks from UT's soundtrack?

In addition to the classics, some of my favorite songs are Superfist (DM-HealPod][)...

...the overused yet iconic The Course (tutorials, AS-Guardia, DM-Agony, DM-Curse][, CTF-Dreary...)...

...Skyward Fire (CTF-LavaGiant, AS-Mazon)...

...and, of course, THE most iconic tracks of the OST: "Foregone Destruction" and "Go Down".

LET THE GUSH BEGIN!
Last edited by Neon_Knight on Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: [FanTopic] Best tracks from the OST?

Post by EvilGrins »

My fave music I always thought was on the OST but it's not. Was made shortly after the release.

"Mayhem".
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 am My fave music I always thought was on the OST but it's not. Was made shortly after the release.

"Mayhem".
Yeah, that's my favorite non-stock umx too!!! :rock: I even found out who the author is. I posted it on Pikko's map thread.
Now, stock umxs, I like them all really, but my absolute favorite is Mechanism Eight. Three Wheels Turning close second, Razorback close third.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

As for actual OST... Nether Animal.

This is a remix of it, but still:
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Mine would be Organic, tho Firebreath and Mech8 are real close.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

My absolute favs are

Razor Back

Cannonade
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 am My fave music I always thought was on the OST but it's not. Was made shortly after the release.

"Mayhem".
For the purposes of the thread we'll stick to the original UT OST only. Otherwise it would be derailed by any umx/ogg not related.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.