Greetings from Chile!

Introduce yourself! (Please NOT only your Name or Clan!)
Fierra2005
Personal rank: Linux Enthusiast

Greetings from Chile!

Post by Fierra2005 »

Hey everyone, i've been playing UT99 for a year, ever since I bought it on Steam.
In terms of operating systems, I use both Windows and Linux on a daily basis.
Speaking of Linux, My first distro was Ubuntu (16.04 to be precise), back in 2016.
I never used Linux since, until mid-to-late 2020, where I revisited Linux with Ubuntu 18.04, and later 20.04.
I later found out about other distros, and started to distro-hop. As of the time i'm making this post, I currently use Fedora.
UT99 made sense for me on Linux, since knowing that the game shipped with out-of-the-box (as in the Linux installer is included in the retail non-GOTY release's first disc) Linux support, back in 1999.
Huge thanks to the OldUnreal team for making it possible to run UT99 on Linux with no troubleshooting necessary.

Cheers, and hope everybody has a great day!
TankBeef
Masterful

Re: Greetings from Chile!

Post by TankBeef »

Hola Fierra, bienvenido al foro. Welcome to the forum. :D You are going to love it here, I hope, I know I do. Really nice people here.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Ahh hey there , you dropped in for a few rounds on one of our servers today. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
no0ne.
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Que wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm Ahh hey there , you dropped in for a few rounds on one of our servers today. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.
no0ne.
Oh wow, did not know you are no0ne, I am still learning who is who around here. :lol2: Awesome. How are the map suggestions going? Hey, I really enjoyed the Nali Warcow server, I want to play again there. I did not want to leave when we were playing Agony, but I lost connection here in my apartment, had to reset my router.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@Fierra2005 Welcome aboard ...we certainly need some help in the galley.
Enjoy your stay.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome welcome! Always nive to see new people :)
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

Hola vecino, yo soy de Argentina. 😁

Por acá la gente es copada, excepto alguno que otro, pero la gente es buena onda.

Welcome to the forum! 🍻
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

@TankBeef yeah haha that's my player name.
Maps is hard. Have added a few. Be good to see you online again sometime. 👍
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers