Clan Stark

Search and find cool skins and models, or introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Clan Stark

Post by EvilGrins »

This is an edit of the Iron Man skin provided by Chris Ollis.

I opted to remove the helmet and reduce it to simply a face mask, and try though I might I couldn't quite get the hands to match the yellow on the rest of the armor... but it still looks better than red hands.

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/9afi322w ... _Stark.zip
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: Clan Stark

Post by esnesi »

Stan Clark, is that you?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Pretty incomplete... like other skins...

For whoever is curious, UT skins are using 5 colors - yes, it's all about FIVE colors.

Demonstration time - using stock for nerds.
#1 - Team Zero known by friends as Red:
TeamZero.png
#2 - Team One known by friends as Blue:
TeamBlue.png
#3 - Team Three known in space as Green:
TeamGreen.png
#4 - Team Four known in UT as Gold-Yellow:
TeamGold.png
#5 - Team 255 known in techs (not by no tech people) as NO TEAM - White or WhiteGray:
TeamNoTeam255.png
Now I think I'm clear enough why I'm not interested about skins - incomplete assets and looong downloads... Good luck with colours (/colors).
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:25 pm For whoever is curious, UT skins are using 5 colors - yes, it's all about FIVE colors.
No, there are more...there is also black, purple, cyan, teal, and orange :wink: , and they're pretty cool.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:34 pm
sektor2111 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:25 pm For whoever is curious, UT skins are using 5 colors - yes, it's all about FIVE colors.
No, there are more...there is also black, purple, cyan, teal, and orange :wink: , and they're pretty cool.
Only when you use a certain mod ;)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:25 pm
For whoever is curious, UT skins are using 5 colors - yes, it's all about FIVE colors.
But that's so boring!! :P

One doesn't have to have all five team colours or even any team colours at all - there are no hard and fast rules about it. Obviously if a skin doesn't have at least Red and Blue then it may not tend to be used that much but that's up to the person who makes it.

I have loads of bots which have only one (255) skin or just three (255, 0 and 1 colours) and I haven't had any problems. FWIW, I am interested in skins, particularly attractive, multi-coloured skins or single character skins. Whether or not there are all five 'Team' colours comes very low down in my priorities when choosing a skin - in fact, so low down it doesn't figure at all.

Still ... to each, his (or her) own. :wink:
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

TankBeef wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:34 pm
Oh YES, I Said UT not those Custom errors. And no, UT doesn't include any of those, unless I failed to see all my stock skins.
OjitroC wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:55 pm I have loads of bots ... down it doesn't figure at all.
Me one I'm not interested anymore about those:

Code: Select all

Failed to load texture blah blah...
Spam, spam...
Spam...
Failed to load texture blah blah...
I'm not getting used to fail after all these 20+ years, the rest are just "explanations" which I don't waste time for reading vary reasons for incomplete works.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:55 pmOne doesn't have to have all five team colours or even any team colours at all - there are no hard and fast rules about it.
Interestingly enough, the main reason I got into skinning in the first place was to give all team colors to skins that didn't have them. Most bots had either all team colors or only 2 of them but there were a frustrating number that had none at all, which was tricky for team games.

Like this...
...that originally had no team colors at all.
TankBeef wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:34 pmthere is also black, purple, cyan, teal, and orange :wink: , and they're pretty cool.
Back when UTskins site was still up they did reviews of all skins submitted, and had a sort of forum for those reviews. In 1 discussion thread it was remarked upon that the colors used on skins the least were purple & orange & pink...

...I've compensated on that where I can.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:13 pm I'm not getting used to fail after all these 20+ years, the rest are just "explanations" which I don't waste time for reading vary reasons for incomplete works.
That they are incomplete in your view doesn't mean they are incomplete.

So if you're not interested in reading what I think, why should I or anyone else be interested in reading what you think? I may not always agree with you (as I don't in this issue) but at least I give you the courtesy of reading what you write and responding to it (where I feel the need) with reasoned arguments.

Still I agree to differ on this - it's a matter of opinion rather than of fact - I don't think it is imperative to have all five colours, you do. As I said, to each his or her own.