CTF-Erazor

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: CTF-Erazor

Post by EvilGrins »

SkYlInE wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:19 pm
EvilGrins wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:48 pm I already had the music, love Mayhem.
True met it first on Monsterhunt, never heard it in CTF tho.
I first heard it on a Deathmatch map ages ago, forget which one. MonsterHunt didn't exist yet, though.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I have been investigating what happens to those flickering surfaces. I managed to change the texture that flickered over the basic texture. There are doubled polygons and polygons that overlap generating those unstable surfaces. I copied brush in NotePad and deleted polygons having newer texture. Things have been definitely improved - brush went simplified. Now I have to track ceiling surfaces, there are still some issues but floors were more annoying.
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:27 pm I have been investigating what happens to those flickering surfaces. I managed to change the texture that flickered over the basic texture. There are doubled polygons and polygons that overlap generating those unstable surfaces. I copied brush in NotePad and deleted polygons having newer texture. Things have been definitely improved - brush went simplified. Now I have to track ceiling surfaces, there are still some issues but floors were more annoying.
Sounds good :gj:

i cant manage working on it atm, maybe it is possible to show me the results if you have finished.
EvilGrins wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:17 am
I first heard it on a Deathmatch map ages ago, forget which one. MonsterHunt didn't exist yet, though.
Added the Monsterhunt Map you obviously didnt played yet, its nothing special but fun to play.
Attachments
MH-MonstersOfSpam-v115b.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 7 times
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

This is what I did still unfinished because it's more data for sorting...
ReducedPolys.PNG
I feel exhausting all this walking through data. Pathing was a piece of cake compared to these examinations. Beside this, Editor won't keep all alignment as source brush is having in NotePad, by copy-pasting it multiple times brush is going altered and later this won't really help a new build... A lot of time consuming as long as I'm not skilled in maths...
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:17 am
From top of my head, Empowered][ (I love that map :D ), Mobius and of course Swanky's Vrais, I play that one a lot. Lots more of course.
EDIT: Oh yes, forgot, Pikko used it for his VIP map. :tu:
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 pm This is what I did still unfinished because it's more data for sorting...
ReducedPolys.PNG
I feel exhausting all this walking through data. Pathing was a piece of cake compared to these examinations. Beside this, Editor won't keep all alignment as source brush is having in NotePad, by copy-pasting it multiple times brush is going altered and later this won't really help a new build... A lot of time consuming as long as I'm not skilled in maths...
Did you found a solution with the texture problems on the floor yet?

Had not the time to have a look at it recently :(
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

When vertexes are cross-linked, in that place polygons are interleaved, these are generating multiple textures on a surface - flickering surfaces. Brush has to be reworked properly or it needs to be edited as TXT format. Now that's a puzzle which I cannot decrypt. Similar to Pikko's maps which are nice but they do ugly flickering in the most of renders in certain places.
The only thing that can be done for me is loading brush in Notepad and removing suspect polygons one by one - switching textures might help a bit, importing one by one adjusted copies of edited brush and rebuilding map X times all day long. During this time I had to apply some corrections at builder which is on my working table and that thing it's time consuming too...

However, a version with less flickering surfaces and paths simplified is this one:
CTF-Erazor_rS664.7z
(450.67 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
If you don't see in game issues, this means I can add it in a public server. This is the type of CTF environment which I really like.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay, those numbers and that bunch of polys interleaved weren't making me really happy. Perhaps the solution is simplicity:
- No interleaved polys
- Less Polys
- No flickering
Something like this:
Simple_Erazor.PNG
It's not like I needed that 2D Brush Tool... just cylinder builder and vertex edits and removing floating numbers...
And now The Evidences... You can Import this brush:
Erazor_Room.7z
(759 Bytes) Downloaded 4 times
Then drop textures on surfaces and Align at wall/floor, etc.

Edit: Order of brush in Map is important or else some walls are going vanished.
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:40 pm
SkYlInE wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:10 pm
UnrealGGecko wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:00 pm Argh! Coret textures! RUUUN!!
jk :mrgreen:
I think the same about the coret textures but i thought i should have created at least one map with it :loool:
hahaha, same mentality here, I'd like to make a map for near every available texture pack, think I might have an idea with coret textures, but it's gonna take me a loooong time to even get to there :ironic:
SkYlInE wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:10 pm If you want to create a Jailbreak Version of this feel free, i have no clue how to do it. If you do so im interested in having it as i like this mod too :tu:
Yea would need to figure out as well, best to have a look at how the other JB maps have done it I guess. Would need some new stuff in though (jails, maybe an execution, the 1v1 arena). I'd love to get more JB maps but am ok if it doesn't happen. Don't think I'll have a go for this one.
https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Ma ... _Jailbreak
May your wish come true :loool:

i tried to do a jailbreak version of this one..
Attachments
JB-Erazor_bb2308.rar
(1.17 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

:tu: Legend! Hope to try it soon!

EDIT: Dang it works nice as a JB map! Lovely job! Nice changes for the middle hole too. Maybe the escape is a bit too easy to access (or just add a tiny obstacle course in there), and with a proper execution, I'd say this would be a great addition to the JB playlist :) Big respect for doing this, man! :gj:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

SkYlInE wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:34 pmAdded the Monsterhunt Map you obviously didnt played yet, its nothing special but fun to play.
I've played it before, actually.

What my point was is that Mayhem was on a few maps before Monsterhunt ever came out.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Aspide
Skilled

Post by Aspide »

I played the Jailbreak version and I noticed that the bots don't go for the jail switches.... :(

You need to put a pathnode close to the TeamActivatedTrigger actor and put the name of that pathnode in the NearestPathNodeTag property in TeamActivatedMechanism, this new version of the map has that problem fixed.
Attachments
JB-Erazor_bb2308_2.unr
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
Somewhere in Nevada...
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

UnrealGGecko wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:44 pm :tu: Legend! Hope to try it soon!

EDIT: Dang it works nice as a JB map! Lovely job! Nice changes for the middle hole too. Maybe the escape is a bit too easy to access (or just add a tiny obstacle course in there), and with a proper execution, I'd say this would be a great addition to the JB playlist :) Big respect for doing this, man! :gj:
Gonna work on the escape Route.

Aspide wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:45 pm I played the Jailbreak version and I noticed that the bots don't go for the jail switches.... :(

You need to put a pathnode close to the TeamActivatedTrigger actor and put the name of that pathnode in the NearestPathNodeTag property in TeamActivatedMechanism, this new version of the map has that problem fixed.
Yes i recognized that too during the gameplay. Just could not upload the newer version in here

Cheers for that
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

I recognized that the airstrike in the jail when the whole team is captured wont work on servers. Are there any settings i have to change to get this work?